Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycoolin Road Opening ?????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Rumours.

Well after the effort of this road anythings possible,its not like fingal cc, the nra etc are to worried on getting it done or telling the tax paying public whats happening to.

Penalize the contractor for what exactly?

For taking two years and counting on a road they said it would be done in a year. But i suppose its ok nowadays to say it will be done in a year and here we are double that and still no fully finished road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I didn't realize you have insights into the contractual matters.:rolleyes:

jeffk wrote: »
    Well after the effort of this road anythings possible,its not like fingal cc, the nra etc are to worried on getting it done or telling the tax paying public whats happening to.

It was on public display, what more do you want?

It was on public display, what more do you want?

Where did i say i knew anything about contracts?
    So they publicly said yes we will go over the time we told people we would do it in by a year and counting?

Seems your taking this all a touch to personal!!!
    Im sure if you commuted to finglas every second week you'd be ever so slight angry over the milking of this building work. Plus im sure people who used it everyday and the business effected by it are far more angry.

• Advertisement

I suggest you get your facts straight before you go around making all sorts of allegations.

I suggest you get your facts straight before you go around making all sorts of allegations.
    EDIT

I was replying but this is getting ridiculous so as they say on dragons den
    Im out!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

MOD Warning: T-Maxx, jeffk please keep it civil stay on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

My place of work just sent around the following communication about the works:

Subject: Temporary Traffic Access changes to Ballycoolin Business Park
    We would like to advise you of progress relating to the road works taking place outside Ballycoolin. The current phase of this work was due to finish last month but has been delayed. We have now been advised that the contractor hopes to have the current phase (Ballycoolin Road to the right of the main gate as you exit the park) complete and the road re-opened by this Friday, the 18th of December. This target is weather dependant.
    Please note:As this road will again be open to traffic as of this Friday, the 18th of December, the side gate (beside IBM) will revert to its original set-up and will only be open in the mornings for incoming traffic only (between 7am and 9.30am, Mon to Fri). It will no longer be open for entry throughout the mornings and exiting in the afternoons. If they are delayed in any way with regard to the opening of Ballycoolin road, the current gate opening times will remain as is.
    The contractor will close for the Christmas period from the 18th of December until the 4th of January 2010. The plan is that no work will take place during this time and all roads will be open to traffic.
    From the 4th January 2010 the construction works will recommence and the next phase will be put in place by the 7th January 2010. This will mean that traffic will not be able to drive straight out the main gate onto the Snugborough Road (traveling South towards Blanchardstown). Traffic that wishes to head South will be diverted onto the Ballycoolin Road and then to the Blanchardstown Road North which will provide access into Blanchardstown, N2 and the M50.
    Public transport users should contact Dublin Bus in advance of this date to get advice on any changes they may make to their regular service due to these works.
    This new phase of works is scheduled for completion on the 12th February 2010, subject to no disruptions. On the completion of these works there will be a roundabout in place at the main gate and all traffic lights will be removed.
    Should you have any query regarding this information, please contact XXXX

SO if i get this right for a two week period there will be even more traffic heading towards riversdale and inturn short cutting through corduff.

All i can say is thank f**K im not driving anywhere regularly around that period.

• Advertisement

The junction at the IDA entrance will have 2 way traffic in all directions, controlled by temp traffic lights.

The junction at the IDA entrance will have 2 way traffic in all directions, controlled by temp traffic lights.

Is there a pdf of the finished layout? Just curious to see what it will be like.

Roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

What a f*ck up. Typical of the chancers who are in charge of this project. Pick a date out of the air only to replace it with another one later on and act as though the first one never existed in the first place.

As far as I'm aware, the completion date for the project as a whole has always been the end of 2009.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

The road is back open at long last.

I cant see what took them so long to do.

As its still the way it was last year apart from a small section leading to the roundabout.

They could have at least resurfaced the road.

suey71 wrote: »
    The road is back open at long last.

I cant see what took them so long to do.

As its still the way it was last year apart from a small section leading to the roundabout.

They could have at least resurfaced the road.

The road is only temporarily 'fully' open as the Construction workers are on Christmas vacation.

Snugborough road will be closed for a few days from the 7th whilst they put in the roundabout.

The temporary road surface is a nightmare for motorcyclist...lots of gravel, eneven surfaces and the bottom parts of cones stuck to the ground in the middle of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It is taking over an hour for traffic to leave Ballycoolin Business Park every evening now, ridiculous traffic management in just a tiny area. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I know, they're building a Huuuge roundabout at the entrance. Why not make it smaller and have double lanes on it so traffic can go left towards Ratoath Rd, straight down Snugborogh Rd or right towards Cruiserath Road? :rolleyes:

Oh and I saw two fellas on a jcb and a digger doing something at the Cappagh Roadworks today. I bet it won't be finished until the next election is called. Did you ever notice the way that all roadworks and other stuff get done when that happens?

gurramok wrote: »
    It is taking over an hour for traffic to leave Ballycoolin Business Park every evening now, ridiculous traffic management in just a tiny area. :mad:

You can exit from the side gate beside the IBM building. Much quicker since the temp lights there change to green far more quickly.

BTW, the new date for end of construction is now Feb 28th.

• Advertisement

You can exit from the side gate beside the IBM building. Much quicker since the temp lights there change to green far more quickly

Yes, that was not the case when i posted that post back then. They opened the gate the following week and magically found temp traffic lights :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

People,

Fret not about the road works and ongoing construction up around that area!!..I live in Hartstown,cycle to work in Finglas most days.Around 2 weeks ago i had the 'pleasure' of coming upon a travellers funeral/removal at the cappagh bridge.. I joke ye not but at least 500 if not more took up the whole road between transits,hiaces, English relatives etc.. Hence to say, foot hit pedal, weaving between mourning drunken itinerants!!

Lance Armstrong has invited me to join his new team!:)

You've a nice stretch now on the cycle lane for your journey, hell of alot better, it was like a suicide mission for a cyclist previously!

I drove out there on Friday, of course great to have the "old" road back, but a few moans:

Why build a roundabout and put traffic lights on it?
    The lane set up is a bit confusing all the way out.
    I had a car in front in the bus lane, then they where half in and out of of it and then for the heck of it just pulled out into the proper lane. Maybe they where just a crap driver, but I think the road layout will take a lot of getting used to.
    Also finally, the lights alongside the road aren't great @ the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Which roundabout are you talking about with the lights, the one at the start of Snugborough Road ? If so, they're pedestrian lights which are needed there and were always there previously when it was a junction, they're not operational yet though.

Jip wrote: »
    Which roundabout are you talking about with the lights, the one at the start of Snugborough Road ? If so, they're pedestrian lights which are needed there and were always there previously when it was a junction, they're not operational yet though.

Ah right I was wondering why they would have lights on a roundabout. Id say the roundabout will keep everything flowing nicely.

jeffk wrote: »
    Ah right I was wondering why they would have lights on a roundabout. Id say the roundabout will keep everything flowing nicely.

They better be pedestrian lights. Pretty pointless building a traffic light controlled roundabout to replace a traffic light controlled junction. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Definitely pedestrian lights judging from the positions.

Could be worse there's a roundabout in Mullingar with a stop sign.

• Advertisement
Advertisement