Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycoolin Road Opening ?????

Options
  • 18-08-2009 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

anybody any idea when this road is opening ???? its a fecking disgrace at this stage

the road from finglas over to the small roadabout at ballycoolin , the road straight through is open months etc but the road to the left is only opened to stadium business park , it means you have to do a big ring around the the estates just to get to blanch

any idea when the stadium business park end is open ??????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,964 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There was no activity at all on the road for months. I've seen some workers out by Cappagh hospital recently but they don't exactly seem to be pushing the pace.

They've now closed off more of the road. You can't get to Rosemont business park from Snugborough road anymore. I figure you have to go all the way around and enter in the back way (where Dublin Bus used to enter/exit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

They're working on the Ballycoolin end at the moment, have been for a while now so I assume they'll eventually meet in the middle at some stage. The stupid thing is that when they started working there ages ago they must have broke the sensors on the lights so they just went into a set sequence. And now that they have one of the roads closed they still haven't changed the sequence of lights. You could be sitting there for ages while there's a green light for people coming down what is now a closed off road, ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Current works due to finish 29 September :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

The sign on Snugborough road says Ballycoolin road is closed until "30-10-09", but then again it used to say "30-10-08". They just changed the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Polar101 wrote: »
    The sign on Snugborough road says Ballycoolin road is closed until "30-10-09", but then again it used to say "30-10-08". They just changed the year.

I was just going by what they've been saying on LiveDrive on Dublin City FM - the councils usually keep them updated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Sure the roads at Cappagh have been out of action for ages, don't hold your breath!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

athtrasna wrote: »
    Current works due to finish 29 September :rolleyes:

What year?

Also what's the crack with roadworks outside Norhtern Cross Industrial Estate? Teh traffic is backed up as far down as the Blanchardstown Road North and Ballycoolin Roundabout? Whenever I pass by all I can see is cones taking up one lane of the road, but no work going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

its aload of cack isnt it

And then yesterday evening they were doing works outside the school just down from Cappagh Hospital and the traffic was being controlled by 2 lads with their lollipop sticks. This would be fine if they didn't seem to be giving priority to traffic coming from the Ballycoolin side resulting in traffic coming from the Finglas side being backed up for miles (may or may not be a slight exaggeration) with traffic coming from the Ballycoolin end being cleared out each time they got their go sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I work in stadium and its a major pain. It was supposed to be finished ages ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yeh, its the longest ever time to get a road built! I actually have some confidence now that it will be indeed opened this year as they are actually building a road at the Blanch end this time.

Looks like they are building small slip roads at the Ballycoolin junction as well. The work on Cappagh Rd is a joke alright. They freshly laid a new path beside Heathfield and have dug it up again now!
    Beside Cappagh hospital, they left the left lane closed for a year now just full of rubble and only recently they are finishing it off.

I was wondering about the lane at Cappagh, I'm guessing the reason was that they initially had just intended on laying new road foundations and laying the tarmac etc on that but as they dug down they realised then how dangerous a state the old wall outside around Cappagh Hospital would be so the construction stalled. Either because they had to get funding from somewhere or decide how to approach it. Then a while later they came back and replaced the entire wall with precast concrete and they're back to working on the road again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

Polar101 wrote: »

Now a sign on Ballycoolin Road says 30-12-09. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Was on what is open to the public of the road today. Heading down to the iron gates places @ the back of Viking direct.Talking to the owner of that place and he doesn't even know when its reopening.

They have moved the road to the back of those cottages now. There is a road to them but I assume for people who live/work there.
    Its two lanes(one is a bus lane) there's bits of big concrete walls up at the side of the road.No roundabout to come into or out of stadium business park. I assume there will be something put there when its finished.

Didn't seem to be many people working but there where a few cars parked up. Even the entrance to rosemount is closed. Jesus if i had a business in or around there id run a muck.Must be two years now and still no set date when its done.

Oh yeah the new road seems very straight, so i assume like the one @ the millennium business park roundabouts a plenty to be put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

The Ballycoolin and Cappagh road realignment works stop north of the M50.
    Works to the south of the motorway, past the hospital, is a separate contract.

The Ballycoolin Rd from Finglas to Ballyc Ind estate is supposed to be re-opened this Monday Oct 5th according to a rumour circulating in the Ballyc estate!

Also, part of the road from the gate at IBM down to the entrance to Ballycoolin Ind Estate itself is supposed to be closed for 5 weeks.

gurramok wrote: »
    Also, part of the road from the gate at IBM down to the entrance to Ballycoolin Ind Estate itself is supposed to be closed for 5 weeks.

It looks that way, there's a sign at the roundabout heading in that direction saying the road is closed, local access only. Hopefully they're putting in a roundabout where the lights currently are, would make a lot sense.

Ballyc road is officially opened alright, travelled on it after work. Earlier in the day there were work crews frantically finishing it prior to opening. A long wait is over!
    Jip wrote:
    Hopefully they're putting in a roundabout where the lights currently are, would make a lot sense.

Agree here. Alot of traffic exiting the main entrance have only the option of straight or a left turn. Wonder if the alternative of the IBM entrance been opened will ease congestion on exit.

Is the road open again?

Talking to lads today and they said it is, but the part from the roundabout down to traffic lights(symantic estate) is closed?

I assumed it was still only down to the iron gates house/place thats open?

jeffk wrote: »
    Is the road open again?

Talking to lads today and they said it is, but the part from the roundabout down to traffic lights(symantic estate) is closed?

I assumed it was still only down to the iron gates house/place thats open?

Which road? Ballyc road has been open for a good while.
    The part from the roundabout(with road to Blanch Rd Nth) to the entrance at Ballyc is closed. Heaven knows when that section will be finished,

• Advertisement

Which road? Ballyc road has been open for a good while.
    The part from the roundabout(with road to Blanch Rd Nth) to the entrance at Ballyc is closed. Heaven knows when that section will be finished,

I was on the bit from the roundabout just after the bridge from cappagh to where the road stops. I call it the old back road to finglas.
    Typical they make that great and then decided to dig up the road at the traffic lights and block the road down by IBM. Hope its not another two years for that road to finish.

Just to get the picture clear in my head, if I wanted to get from Cappagh to say the National Aquatic centre, would I be able to go there by the Ballycoolin Road?

Stark wrote: »
    Just to get the picture clear in my head, if I wanted to get from Cappagh to say the National Aquatic centre, would I be able to go there by the Ballycoolin Road?

Sorry im terrible on names of roads is that the one alongside ibm and then you turn right onto the road to the NAC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Snugsbrough road.

jeffk wrote:
    Sorry im terrible on names of roads is that the one alongside ibm and then you turn right onto the road to the NAC?

That's part of it. Ballycoolin road starts at the roundabout with Cruiserath road/Blanchardstown road north then continues past the junction with Snugborough road (the road with the NAC) and finishes at the roundabout with Cappagh road. Just wondering if there's a clear route from Cappagh to Snugborough road these days.

Stark wrote: »
    That's part of it. Ballycoolin road starts at the roundabout with Cruiserath road/Blanchardstown road north then continues past the junction with Snugborough road (the road with the NAC) and finishes at the roundabout with Cappagh road. Just wondering if there's a clear route from Cappagh to Snugborough road these days.

Yes sorry, from cappagh over the bridge and then turn left at the roundabout and all the way to where the lights where, then you HAVE to turn left(unless your going right into the factories).

I heard rumblings the new road that runs along the front of stadium bus park will connect up with the M50.

I was on the bit from the roundabout just after the bridge from cappagh to where the road stops. I call it the old back road to finglas.
    Typical they make that great and then decided to dig up the road at the traffic lights and block the road down by IBM. Hope its not another two years for that road to finish.

The finish date put up on the signs says Nov 16th just gone!. Just like the Ballyc road to Finglas, it may indeed take 2 years. The council would make a fortune on delays if they actually penalise the contractors.

The finish date put up on the signs says Nov 16th just gone!. Just like the Ballyc road to Finglas, it may indeed take 2 years. The council would make a fortune on delays if they actually penalise the contractors.

If the local businesses or the ida or whoever is in charge slapped in a lost of earnings or extra cost of petrol etc, youd seen the road fly up.

I think at the lights there will be a proper filter lane from the looks of it, badly needed to in my mind. Used to have a truck stuck in the filter lane and that backed up the straight lane no end.

I heard rumblings the new road that runs along the front of stadium bus park will connect up with the M50.

Rumours.

• Advertisement

Penalize the contractor for what exactly?

Advertisement