Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Crowd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

ugh 6th year...i'm hoping it will go fast! it'll be fun being the top dawg at school again...
    truth be told i'm kinda bricking it whenever i think about having to go back to school :(:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doug.irl.92

Going into 6th myself, not sure when I'm back though....Should probably find that out!!
    Should be a fun year, what with training between 6 and 8 times a week and also preparing for that little test in June!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

6th year was definitely my best time in school. Yeah, you have to study but we had amazing teachers who helped us out with so many things. I don't think I've ever heard someone say "Stop worrying!" to me so much :rolleyes:

Everyone in my year was much closer in 6th year as well, so that probably helped things as well. Everyone just seemed to gel together so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Good luck, Leaving Certs of tomorrow.

BatonPass.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

sron wrote: »
    Good luck, Leaving Certs of tomorrow.

BatonPass.jpg
    This obviously isn't the american relay team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I feel like I'm being turfed out!

*Gets coat and bindle and heads to the DCU board*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Going into 5th year...woo!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Attention class of 2010: Go away. We at the class of 09 hereby announce our coup of the Leaving Cert forums. You can join in on the forums, but as our minions only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Start on the 26th! But I think its just a few hours of "Hi, how ya doing" not actual school school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

RexMundi wrote: »
    Going into 6th... can't wait to be done with it all to be honest.

Anyway, it can't be that bad for if we work hard... we must play hard :D
    Yay for 18ths!
    !

I like your thinking! I've heard from loads of this years 6thyrs that 6th year is the best year of school.. looking foward to May - PrizeGiving, Graduation, Last Days of school etc..which I could just fast foward the rest!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

RexMundi wrote: »
    Anyway, it can't be that bad for if we work hard... we must play hard :D
    Yay for 18ths!!

completely agree! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

I thought that LC was easily the best year of my secondary education...we f ucked around, not really giving a turd for what those in charge thought of our antics. the last year and all y'see. One lad in the year set up a hairdressing salon in the old dorm and practically the entire year took irish off at some stage during the year for a trim......and the mitching, ahh yes.....it became so easy. You seem official in LC. In our school anyways, it was a case of..........ah, out of class? well, i suppose youre just heading to the photocopying room to photocopy....stuff...to help with your education. wonderful. please proceed.

and so on.

going into college now, seems like i'll have to reel myself in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Good luck fresh meat, you'll need it!:D

But seriously, 6th year=best year. I think the best advice I can give to stay sane for as much of the year as possible is to balance work(which there's a lot of) and play(fortunately, also a lot of). Work as hard as you can all week, 12 hour school days like, then when the weekend comes round, have as much fun as you can, rip it up!

Now my final words of wisdom: No one's ever regretted too much study.

Good luck guys, you have your most eventful year of school all ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I've lurked these boards since I was in 3rd Year. I refuse to be shoved out by a bunch of n00bs.

Though it does seem a bit boring now that I've finished. I don't care about any of you, you're not me! :pac:

Come to think of it, browsing here has been a waste of time. I'm pretty sure I've ignored every piece of good advice that was ever given.

You'll do the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Davidius wrote: »

You'll do the same!

No I won't, I'm going to work like a mad man this year...

*Can't wait to see this post in a few months time...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Hah! Likewise. I've such good intentions, I wonder how quickly it'll take for them to fall by the wayside. Hopefully I can stick at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Personally I found that I got too used to the laziness of Summer. I worked enough in 5th Year but in 6th Year I was mostly in the mindset of "Sure it's only September, October, November..., June...ah bollox".

Whatever you do, try to do homework out of the way. Don't be like me and cram it into the lunch break before the class for when it's due.

Avoid games, especially TF2. They love to release updates at really bad times:
    Heavy Update: End of August last year
    Scout Update: During the Mocks
    Sniper/Spy Update: Two weeks before the Leaving.
    Latest Update: A couple of days ago.

It's pure addictive evil. Like drugs. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Saul-Good

Davidius wrote: »
    It's pure addictive evil. Like drugs. :pac:

Except drugs are more expensive and you have to talk to dodgy characters to get them:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

RCSI doesn't have a boards forum, so I'm staying here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Piste wrote: »
    RCSI doesn't have a boards forum, so I'm staying here.

Suuuure....:rolleyes:

Admit it, your having withdrawal symptoms from the LC forum already:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well no, I just have to be here as I moderate the place ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

Farewell LC Forum.

Good Luck Class of 2010, it really isn't as bad as it seems :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

im repeating also, and my best advice to anyone entering 6th year is to stay on top of your work. dont over do it but then again dont slack off. dont say to yourself :"il wait until halloween or xmas to study", (its what i did and i regret it dearly)

good luck to everyone from 2009 on their future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Im repeating

this forum aint getting rid of me too easy:P

Advertisement