Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Crowd

Options
  • 17-08-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Well Done to the class of '09 on their results :)

Anyone else here going into 6th year or repeating and are prowling the Leaving Cert. board wishing it was us finished? looking at what ahead of us?

Well, I am kind of looking foward to 6th year and I have been told its the best year of school, but I am also dreading it as it means work.. :p

one year from now, it will all be over :D when does everyone else go back to school? Im back the 2nd of September.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Hey shove off class of 2009 isn't done yet

Just kidding :D

(a little )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Move over :D haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

I'm going into 6th year, unfortunately.

Whopper Leaving Cert buzz fo' life, mofo's and biatches!!!!

I can't wait for college, though.

But seriously, anyone feeling like they can't remember anything from last year? I'm sure it'll come back, but still, it's pretty worrying.

And I'm taking up another subject, btw. Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm repeating :) Oh joy. I intend on actually trying this time around though,hopefully that will work out for me. So,hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Wooo, 16th:)

• Advertisement

I remember some things.. I'm sure it will all come back though.. I hope it does anyway!! Anyone know what they hope to do yet? I cant wait for College Open days!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

cork*girl wrote: »
    I cant wait for College Open days!:D

Presuming your from Cork would you go to Trinity/UCu open days? Always wondered that:rolleyes:

ya! well hopefully, I dont really plan on going there but I wouldnt mind going to the open days to see the colleges!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Anthem

Yep, heading into 6th year! (Kill. Me. Now.)

Been hovering around this forum for a couple of years now and it's all becoming so real! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Pushing us out already :pac:

TIPS:

Book accomidation early,Don't be like me who's going looking for somewhere to Live in cork tomorrow :p

If you're eligible for a grant,Try not to lose the stuff the teacher gives you,And take notes of the stuff he tell's you,Don't be like me who's waiting for a reply from the local county council office to see what needs to be done :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

I'm gonna miss the old girl :(

Thought this seemed appropriate;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Going into 6th year now, don't mind to be honest, seems like everyone here whose finished is on a huge buzz!

I reckon this school year will fly past and all I'll be able to think about is...COLLEGE, COLLEGE, COLLEGE:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Well im going into 5th year so am i welcome? :P Prob wont be posting here alot anyways till my actual leaving cert year anyways..

Well im going into 5th year so am i welcome? :P Prob wont be posting here alot anyways till my actual leaving cert year anyways..

Ya man, I was gawking around here last year. Great for getting different tips and shtuff, even in 5th year.

Reillyman wrote: »
    Ya man, I was gawking around here last year. Great for getting different tips and shtuff, even in 5th year.

im a girl but anyways, nice to see that i can have the aul chat here so :D

im a girl but anyways, nice to see that i can have the aul chat here so :D

Haha, sorry, I have a habit of putting "man" at the end of sentences, so your a wimmins then...

Haha, sorry, I have a habit of putting "man" at the end of sentences, so your a wimmins then...

LOL! You're grand. Yea i guess i am?? Have been a girl for the last 15 years of my life anyways.. :P
    im so not in the mood for going back to school and learning leaving cert stuff. :/

LOL! You're grand. Yea i guess i am?? Have been a girl for the last 15 years of my life anyways.. :P
    im so not in the mood for going back to school and learning leaving cert stuff. :/

Ah ya'll be sound, the september to x-mas of 5th year is the worst time ya'll ever have in school(presuming you skipped 4th year), but after that it's okay.

O ya, and ya have the whole summer after 5th year to look forward to, best summer I've had so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Ricky91t wrote: »
    If you're eligible for a grant,Try not to lose the stuff the teacher gives you,And take notes of the stuff he tell's you,Don't be like me who's waiting for a reply from the local county council office to see what needs to be done :)

Grant? Just sell off your camera Ricky, you should have enough to cover accommodation for first year at least anyway. :p

Buy a disposable instead!

Ah ya'll be sound, the september to x-mas of 5th year is the worst time ya'll ever have in school(presuming you skipped 4th year), but after that it's okay.

O ya, and ya have the whole summer after 5th year to look forward to, best summer I've had so far!

omgosh Is it that bad at da beginning? :(
    sure i only have to wait 10 months!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

how much are grannies selling for these days? I've two?

PS: this was a joke and they aren't really for sale, just incase there are granny collectors out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

NBB Bohs wrote: »
    I'm back 15th September(Repeating)

Looking forward to the challenge :).........:rolleyes:

Dont suppose you're off to the Institute of Education? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Heading into 6th year. Back on the 31st of august. 2 weeks. Bollocks. Been lurking in this forum for the last year or so. I hope it continues to be helpful. I just want to get the Leaving Cert over and done with tbh. Very jealous of those just finished.

MU HU HAHA, I don't go back until friday 4th Sept, and to mark the occasion I'm going to see the Script live that night:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Eww, the script :P

*bitter*

Yeah well I get a head start on study....... woo..... =/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Starting 6th on 31st August. Sometimes I feel really nervous about it and others I dont care. Hope to be posting on here a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Starting 6th year on the 28th of august. The first day is only 2 hours.. but I don't want to go!!

Can't wait for college though.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Hey guys I'm part of the year thats hopping on the next bus outta here, but I just wanna say good luck to you all! And remember that whatever studying you do, to really push out your answers on the day of the exam. I missed out on college by five measly points! That could've been gotten by inching one of my grades up one!
    And if it doesn't all go according to plan on the day, there are always other options! Many options! You'll get where you're going so don't worry yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm starting on the 28th aswel and not looking forward to any of the work!
    In 5th year i kept telling myself i was going to study and never really doing it but this year i'm hoping it will change!
    And i'm also not looking forward to the CAO :eek:
    I've heard it was the best year yet but it's going to be hard competing with TY : ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Going into 6th... can't wait to be done with it all to be honest.

Anyway, it can't be that bad for if we work hard... we must play hard :D
    Yay for 18ths!!

Advertisement