Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round One Offers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    Bebo is old news. Facebook is the way of the future, where my extended older family is doomed to stay in Friend Requests Limbo.

Does IADT have a facebook group?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4643044373&ref=search&sid=584753261.2632875765..1 (IADT Current Students and recent Alumni)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=96065346476 (for Alumni of the old DLCAD - worth a look for a laugh).

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

this threads about CAO offers not which is better;bebo or facebook :L
    see ye on campus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

corkarcher wrote: »
    I was just gonna ask that! I didn't think I had a chance when there was only 30 places and they're all on boards getting full marks on their portfolio!
    (Well done Sickle and Heeresjonny AND andymaq) and everybody else doing film & TV I'll see ye in september! And of course the non-film people were all friends here!:D Really looking forward to starting here it seems like such a great atmosphere!

This has me pretty worried about second round offers now :(
    So many people takin their places already :(:(:(

This has me pretty worried about second round offers now :(
    So many people takin their places already :(:(:(

EVERY year I can remember the old Film Dip. and now the current Film & TV went to second round. And the points dropped more than 9 points. There are always people who have changed their minds between applying and offering - decide to take a year off, do something else etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 elmitocarboni

got 925 for viscom and no offer either.. points were like 790 r something.. not really sure wot d story is.. woz talkin 2 dl and cao but didnt get much of an answer.. called 2day and dey sed der sending a letter explainin d confusion and that i really got d course but der woz a mixup with portfolios and some people wer marked down as not having submitted anyting when they did..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Billov

Wahey, I'm in Model Making and Digital Effects! It sounded like a good idea because it covers some architectural modelling and digital concept design, I turned down Industrial Design in NCAD for this, and also had Architecture in mind so I hope I enjoy it. And hope it broadens my horizons.

Anyone else doing this course?? I don't see a thread for it >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SJP60

The photography points dropped to 699... i got almost 800 and no offer... Been on the phone to people all week... anyone else in same boat as me?? i was told i should get an offer in second round.... i don't understand!!! :confused: Really wana go to IADT !!! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

SJP60 wrote: »
    The photography points dropped to 699... i got almost 800 and no offer... Been on the phone to people all week... anyone else in same boat as me?? i was told i should get an offer in second round.... i don't understand!!! :confused: Really wana go to IADT !!! :)

Each course has limited places (some courses offer an excess student limit as well to fit in any exceptions) some people will be getting the short end of the stick unfortunately.

On your side of things, chances are some students offered places will turn them down in favour of something else, hold out for a second round place in another course, not accept their place and a few other eventualities. Keep your hopes up and keep in contact with the college. Have you chatted to Eoin Kelly in the student services office yet?

Good luck.

Thanks alot for that ! :) I've been speaking to a nice woman from IADT... and left a message for Eoin Kelly this morning... CAO have been real nice and they think i'll get a offer on Friday.. (round 2....)... I've a feeling i won't though (knowing my luck!)... I thought it was as simple as "if ya have the right amount of points, your in!" Apparently not... lol ... I was reading through the posts... ATGATE guy... Do you know what i should do?? :confused: x

SJP60 wrote: »
    Thanks alot for that ! :) I've been speaking to a nice woman from IADT... and left a message for Eoin Kelly this morning... CAO have been real nice and they think i'll get a offer on Friday.. (round 2....)... I've a feeling i won't though (knowing my luck!)... I thought it was as simple as "if ya have the right amount of points, your in!" Apparently not... lol ... I was reading through the posts... ATGATE guy... Do you know what i should do?? :confused: x

OK, for the record I work in Film so I don't know the exact details on the CAO and admissions but if the CAO round one points are X points and a student has attained greater than X points and they satisfy the minimum requirements for the college & course (see the prospectus, some courses need certain subjects like maths) then they should have been offered a place. If that hasn't happened then they should get on to the CAO and to IADT and not let go till they have a place offered.

With the number of queries on this forum there maybe a mix-up at the CAO or IADT (or it could be down to legitimate reasons) but I'll drop an email to the Head of School in the morning and alert him to these posts.

But anyone who thinks they have fulfilled the points and minimum requirements should contact the CAO and Eoin in admissions at IADT - they are busy but it's your future so keep at them till you get a result.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for your response! Wish i found this forum last week lol... I definitely have all requirements for the course... I was told to wait and see for round 2 Friday.... I'm jus worried that all 23 places will be taken by then.... Anyways thanks a million Rhyme and Atgate :) I wait in hope.....

I am reliably informed that everyone who should have got an offer will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Has anyone been sent their material for registration yet? :confused:

I haven't received anything, not even an email and it seems to be getting quite late. It's been over a week.
    I'm probably over reacting because this week has been going so slow.

The should be on their way to you at this stage, there's still a nice bit of time though so no need to worry.

Give the college a call if you're still uneasy, they can confirm that they've sent the forms and details.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭oinkely

Hi Folks,

If you fall into the above category please make sure you contact the admissions office at IADT.

http://www.iadt.ie/en/Staff/StaffDirectory/Name,1528,en.html

contact details are above.

Don't rely on hearsay or rumours. Contact the admissions office where Eoin will be only too happy to discuss your particular situation with you.

If you can't get through on the phone please send an email, I'm sure you can understand that the office is extremely busy at this time of the year and it is not always possible to get to all calls immediately.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Woo my boyfriend got his place in Fine Arts, after doing a FETAC course. Am really happy for him, be nice to him haha :pac::cool:

Woo my boyfriend got his place in Fine Arts, after doing a FETAC course. Am really happy for him, be nice to him haha :pac::cool:

The FETAC course in Dhulaigh?

Either way, great for him. The changes they're making in Fine Arts 1st year are great, he should have a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Rhyme wrote: »
    The FETAC course in Dhulaigh?

Either way, great for him. The changes they're making in Fine Arts 1st year are great, he should have a lot of fun.

Not in Dhulaigh, the portfolio course in Beaufort College Navan. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

No change for film & tv in round 2 :(

No IADT for me :(

Advertisement