Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Round One Offers

Options
  • 17-08-2009 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Good luck to all of you waiting for offers later today - fingers crossed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭irishmonkey

9 points off in first round offers for Film & Tv :(

Chances of getting a place in 2nd round?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

I got offered a place in Animation! I seriously can't believe it. I applied for Animation at Ballyfermot as well though, and my choice of the two is leaning heavily towards the latter...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 A-Sickle-Moon

I'm sure you'll be ok - it's only nine points!

I just accepted my place in Film and TV - wondering if there's anyone else out there that has? I'm going alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

Well last year's round one offer was 960 points and in further rounds it dropped to 845. Not everyone on 845 got in and I think 845 a slight distortion as a student initially accepted a place and then didn't take it (but dawdled for ages) so a few people on points higher than 845 had already accepted other courses.

2007 might be a better indicator. Points started at 955 and dropped to 910. Not everyone got in at 910 though. (2006 started at 969 and ended at 915).

So from a historical point of view every year the final offers were at a point level well lower then 9 points off. So it would be a statistical aberration if you didn't get offered a place.

I'd say you are OK , but you know that nothing is certain with the CAO system. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 emZie

I got English Media & Cultural Studies!!! I'm so happy!
    Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭TrueCold

Got 845 points and didnt get offered a place in fine art!
    One of my mates got 695 and got offered a place.

Same qualifications in leaving cert but I got a way higher result in my portfolio.

Iadt, this means war

TrueCold wrote: »

Same qualifications in leaving cert but I got a way higher result in my portfolio.

Iadt, this means war

Fine Art points this year round 1 are 630. If you got 845 for portfolio and LC then contact CAO and IADT Admissions straight away. Make sure to talk to both (and get the names of the people you talk to).

• Registered Users Posts: 46 heeereees-jonny

woohoo! i gots me a place in Film and Television production!!! :D:D:D:D:D

1080 points overall! not bad, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yellie

Iadt, this means war

Yeah, I got 935 and I wasn't a offered a place either, I am v. confused.

woohoo! i gots me a place in Film and Television production!!! :D:D:D:D:D

1080 points overall! not bad, eh?

Congrats! I'll see you in September then! Cannot wait!

• Advertisement

Congrats! I'll see you in September then! Cannot wait!

awh, thanks m8! i no... im all xcited! never thought i was gunna get in wen i started my portfolio.... funni how things turn out! :D

awh, thanks m8! i no... im all xcited! never thought i was gunna get in wen i started my portfolio.... funni how things turn out! :D

Yeah! I was the same! Every single part of the process I was thinking "I'm not going to be able to do this" But then I got full marks on the portfolio and was like "well maybe I might have a chance!!"
    Yay IADT!!!

Yeah! I was the same! Every single part of the process I was thinking "I'm not going to be able to do this" But then I got full marks on the portfolio and was like "well maybe I might have a chance!!"
    Yay IADT!!!

i got full marks in my portfolio too!! :O:O

wow, we're good! :D

i got full marks in my portfolio too!! :O:O

wow, we're good! :D

Deadly! Well done! IADT won't know what hit it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 outlander83

My elation at getting into Dun Laoghaire for film and TV was soon curtailed by the price of accommodation up there, sweet Jesus, most place are TWICE the price of anywhere in Galway.

My elation at getting into Dun Laoghaire for film and TV was soon curtailed by the price of accommodation up there, sweet Jesus, most place are TWICE the price of anywhere in Galway.

Yeah, I'm from Meath and I worked it out - it's cheaper to travel every day from here than get accommodation.

It is expensive but there is an oversupply of apartments in Dublin at the moment - haggle like mad and get a deal. If I were a landlord I'd probably chance my arm with students panicking about getting a place. Remember it's a buyers (and renters) market.

Is every new film & tv student a member of boards.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Well done to everyone getting into IADT! It's a great college!

atgate wrote: »
    It is expensive but there is an oversupply of apartments in Dublin at the moment - haggle like mad and get a deal. If I were a landlord I'd probably chance my arm with students panicking about getting a place. Remember it's a buyers (and renters) market.

Ha! It seems so - it's just a great resource to have, especially for students starting out.
    I wonder how many applied this year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

I accepted English, Media and Cultural Studies this morning. It wasn't my first choice, but the more research and people I talk to who know the course the more excited I get. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Good thing about IADT is that it is served by (in my opinion) the best bus route in Dublin, good old 46A.

It used to take me 1 h 50 mins approx to get to college everyday so it was a life saver to have the 46a come every 8 minutes or so. ESPECIALLY in the winter months.

If you can get accommodation near that route you'll be laughing or anywhere along the dart line even. Look at Bray or on the northside.

Only thing, all the social events are pretty much centred around the campus so make sure you make friends with ppl who live nearby so you can crash at theirs!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Congratulations to all those who got their places in IADT. We'll see you bright and early on [date].

To those who have questions or queries about their not getting places, accommodation or any confusion regarding anything about the admissions process, I would advise making the necessary phone calls as soon as possible.

CAO: 091-509800
    their opening hours are 09:30 - 17:15, Monday to Friday

IADT student services office: 01-2394662

IADT admissions officer (Eoin Kelly): 01-2394621

http://www.iadt.ie/en/Tools/Contact/StudentServicesAcademicAffairs/

Iadt, this means war

Did you get sorted TrueCold?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gapmunky

Did you get sorted TrueCold?

I had a bit of a fright when I got a letter saying I didn't get in to animation with 1040 altogether including 600 in pfolio..I rang eoin and turns out there was some mishap and it turns out I got in!nerves were shredded but thank god Igot it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andymaq

I just accepted my place in Film and TV - wondering if there's anyone else out there that has? I'm going alone!!!

I got into Film & TV Production too! Can't fookin' wait!!! And I got full marks on my portfolio too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭corkarcher

I was just gonna ask that! I didn't think I had a chance when there was only 30 places and they're all on boards getting full marks on their portfolio!
    (Well done Sickle and Heeresjonny AND andymaq) and everybody else doing film & TV I'll see ye in september! And of course the non-film people were all friends here!:D Really looking forward to starting here it seems like such a great atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Got my place on English, media and cultural studies! Can't wait to get started!!

Got my place on English, media and cultural studies! Can't wait to get started!!

It seems along with the Film and TV crowd there's quite a few of us here from our course too! First question of the day is "Hey, do you use boards?". :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    It seems along with the Film and TV crowd there's quite a few of us here from our course too! First question of the day is "Hey, do you use boards?". :pac:

Where as some other instances go "...the internet? oh, you mean Bebo."

• Advertisement

Bebo is old news. Facebook is the way of the future, where my extended older family is doomed to stay in Friend Requests Limbo.

Does IADT have a facebook group?

Advertisement