Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usain Bolt creates new world record

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Daksiv

He probably would have done it in the olympiccs if he didnt start celebrating in the last 10 meters

But Still What A man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Daksiv

If he used a car he'd probably do it even faster.

Brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

SeaFields wrote: »
    It would be great if what Bolt was doing was legit but an example...

A few years ago there was one Michelle Smith who won golds all around her at the Olympics. Was also the most tested athlete at that games but was always clean.

We all know what happened after that :rolleyes:

Just like there would be numerous examples of athletes that performed very well and have been found to be clean till date.

I think it is quite disingenous to cry Drug Cheat everytime there is an extraordinary performance.It spoils the fun.

You could alternatively look at it from the perspective that it was what he was born to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

with a name and ability like that, Usain Bolt was clearly springsteens influence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I think it's hilarious when, after breaking the world record for the 100m sprint he's jogging along, basking in the glory and the chubby photographers are still belting it along at full speed trying to keep up with him. :)

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious when, after breaking the world record for the 100m sprint he's jogging along, basking in the glory and the chubby photographers are still belting it along at full speed trying to keep up with him. :)

Bless you...

We had this discussion on the sports forum...it was classic tbh...the guy looked as if he was going to have an heart attack....and Bolt was basically strolling

• Registered Users Posts: 14 hollymount

Bolt may have only come to the general public notice with his Olympic achievements but he has been consistently breaking records since he was 14.
    What is happening now is just a continuation of this and with more competition he will almost certainly reduce his world records even further, particularly the 200 metre.

hollymount wrote: »
    Bolt may have only come to the general public notice with his Olympic achievements but he has been consistently breaking records since he was 14.
    What is happening now is just a continuation of this and with more competition he will almost certainly reduce his world records even further, particularly the 200 metre.

You are certainly right about the 200 meters but I am so gutted...as it is now confirmed that Tyson gay is out of the 200's because of his groin injury..I felt he had a chance to beat Bolt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

whens the 200?

whens the 200?

I think you meant ..when is the 200 meters??

Heats start later today at 10.15 am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

some man!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

And he has 2 threads about him in the wrong forum on boards.ie

another personal best

Advertisement