Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usain Bolt creates new world record

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Labreya

I think he should cut this crap out.

Leave some records for the rest of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Seaneh wrote: »
    He is one of the most tested men on the planet, if he was cheating he would have been caught by now.

Yeh, he would definetly of been caught.
    Usain Bolt wrote:
    I get tested all the time. It shows that people get tested and that they will get caught if they are taking drugs.

Article

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

he much taller then all the other guys

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

For starters, I believe he is clean, but one must know that he and the other
    Jamaican athletes are NOT subject to the same rules that many
    other athletes from many other countries are subject to.

It is only when Bolt leaves Jamaica is he subject to
    unnoticed testing. There is no official drug testing program and they
    have not signed up to the rigorous testing protocols
    that other countries signed up for.

Also, tested many times means jack sh!t. They well could be
    using drugs whilst in Jamaica and know that the chances of being
    caught whilst there is virtually nil. When they leave, they are tested.

It's well known that the drugs cheats and companies often are a step ahead
    of the testers. It's a battle at the end of the day and even tested athletes may well
    be getting negative results due to the testing technology not being
    up to the job. Below says it all really. The playing field is
    not equal and until it is, then I will be wary and an asterisk is needed!

Shortly after the Olympics, retired American sprinter Carl Lewis claimed that the absence of stringent no-notice testing in Jamaica raised questions about the performances.

"I think there are some issues," said Lewis. "I'm proud of America right now because we have the best random and most comprehensive drug testing program. Countries like Jamaica do not have a random program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field."

Earlier this month, Bolt said he was "tested all the time" but that there was room for improvement in Jamaican drug-testing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

If he used a car he'd probably do it even faster.

He was on Top Gear a couple of weeks ago, and proved to be one of the fastest drivers they've ever had in their Chevrolet.

NTM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he's an arrogant pri*k > can't stand him

fryup wrote: »
    he's an arrogant pri*k > can't stand him

Arrogant because he smiles, laughs, interacts with the crowd, has confidence, is congratulatory to his opponents?:rolleyes:

Remember what the great Ali said: "It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am".

Bolt is a breath of fresh air in a sporting world that needs a bit of bloody charisma....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Schism wrote: »
    I know, where the hell do we get a kitten from? :confused:

If you're looking for Kryptonite I can hook you up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mr.Obvious

Seaneh wrote: »
    He is one of the most tested men on the planet, if he was cheating he would have been caught by now.

You need to know what to look for in a drug test.

It happened before that they commisioned a scientist to design a novel steroid. Then once invented they tested samples for this "completely new" drug. Guess what?

This drug was found in many samples, meaning it had been used for ages before anyone even knew it existed. Then you have things like injecting loads of red blood cells into someone's blood so it'll carry more oxygen.

I have 0 faith in the fairness of international athletics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

SuperBolt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Usain Horsebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sfxoneill

well done to the lad

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Blood packing , as its called, has long since been abandoned as a practise because its relatively easy to spot once you know what to look for (burst capilliaries and high blood pressure) and is also extremely dangerous to the athlete due to the massive increase in blood pressure. (you are, after all, packing another pint into a body that is already full!).

I dont believe Bolt is on drugs and I think the will break 9.5...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

walshb wrote: »
    Arrogant because he smiles, laughs, interacts with the crowd, has confidence, is congratulatory to his opponents?:rolleyes:

Remember what the great Ali said: "It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am".

Bolt is a breath of fresh air in a sporting world that needs a bit of bloody charisma....

+1
    He's the best thing to happen to athletics in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

world records are ment to be broken and its evolution in a way so fair play to him .In a few years there will be someone who will break Bolts World Records

Quint wrote: »
    +1
    He's the best thing to happen to athletics in years.

Not just athletics, sport as a whole

BVB wrote: »
    world records are ment to be broken and its evolution in a way so fair play to him .In a few years there will be someone who will break Bolts World Records

As great as he is, I agree, there will be others who will be better and break records.
    I think folks are getting too carried a way claiming that the records will never be broken.
    The world is a big place with many people and possibly many future Bolt's, mini Bolt;s now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's great to see an athlete with his personality and attitude and watching him yesterday was just jaw-dropping. The BBC showed the reactions of Michael Johnson, Carl Jackson and Denise Lewis as they watched him, and they were equally stunned.

If you think he has an ego problem, just think about the huge self-belief required to run that fast.

BTW, where can I get me a pair of these?

bolt-arms.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

Pffft. That's nothing.

I once did a hundred metres in a pair of wellies.

I fell off a cliff

I don't believe Bolt is cheating.

What's more, I really don't want to believe bolt is cheating. what he is doing in incredible, a testament to what the human body can do, and not just him, 5 people ran under 9.8 seconds.

• Advertisement

5 people ran under 9.8 seconds.

In the race? No.

In history and legally, that's debatable. I know that Maurice Green, Asafa Powell, Tyson Gay and Bolt have gone sub 9.80. Now, Tim Montgomery did and Justin Gatlin and Ben Johnson did, but all three are drugs offenders. Am I missing anyone? I make it 4

The cheer Chambers got at the start was slightly worrying.

walshb wrote: »
    In the race? No.

In history and legally, that's debatable. I know that Maurice Green, Asafa Powell, Tyson Gay and Bolt have gone sub 9.80. Now, Tim Montgomery did and Justin Gatlin and Ben Johnson did, but all three are drugs offenders. Am I missing anyone? I make it 4

sorry, misread the times of the results, Daniel Baily and richard Thompson ran 9.93

so 5 people under 10 seconds (6th and seventh ran 10)

that's an incredible result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭Kiptanui

Quint wrote: »
    The cheer Chambers got at the start was slightly worrying.

Chambers has been vilified since his return to the sport while others return from bans and just cruise back in without any reaction! There is already one world champion in Berlin who served a ban for a drugs offence!! Indeed Britian have another guy who tested positive on the team and another who missed three tests!
    Either treat all drugs offenders the same or get off Chambers case!! The crowd cheered him because he has been treated differently and that stinks!
    By the way I think all drugs offenders should be banned for life but until that rule comes in ........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Yeah but how many solos can he do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You can be guaranteed he gets tested more often than everyone else. He just seems to be a genetic freak who was born to be the best sprinter in the world.

Like Ben Jonhson:D

Like Ben Jonhson:D

And Lance Armstrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

It would be great if what Bolt was doing was legit but an example...

A few years ago there was one Michelle Smith who won golds all around her at the Olympics. Was also the most tested athlete at that games but was always clean.

We all know what happened after that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

bolt is just awesome he is just unbeatable at this time

Advertisement