Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to not do Religion for the Leaving?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 therealdeal

personally speaking,i found religion interesting but fairly tough! especially the assignment(worth 20%) we did have THEEE most unhelpful,uninterested teacher in living memory..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I dont do non - exam religion and Im glad I dont because its boring and stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 chaotic dream

My school had religion in 5th and 6th year but since is wasn't an exam subject everyone just sat around talking. It's not actually bad, religious topics were usually what started debates but we were never told what was actually right or wrong. Our teacher would just say "[blah] is the Catholic churches opinion on it" and leave us to make up our own minds. Most of the time people talked about work or something though. It just turned into a nice break from class.

You can try getting parental permission but it does depend on the school, some don't want students to leave the class, some can't manage it as they don't have enough staff to supervise any students who leave. Also students who do leave the class would most likely be placed in classes for other subjects so you could end up being stuck in say a Geography class you don't need when you really have to study Irish. If you're really worried you could try explaining it to your teavher and they'd probably let you study at the back of class.

Advertisement