Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 14-08-2009 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just a quick heads up that AVATAR day is happening around the world next Friday August 21st

Irish audiences can see footage of the new James Cameron movie in Cineworld.
    It will be the first time footage of the movie has been shown to Irish audiences.

There are two showings, one at 6.10 and one at 6.40

There is a competition to win tickets to Avatar day over on http://www.Movies.ie today.

The movie opens in Nationwide on December 18th 2009

More info on Avatar day and the movie on the official site
    http://www.avatarmovie.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

man, not a chance in hell i'd go to watch the 15 mins of it and then leave.

each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I emailed Vue in Liffey valley and they're not doing it, lamers.

Compo entered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Vue is such a s**t cinema. They don't do anything except show the latest kiddie crap. You'd think they'd be able spare one of their screens for something like this or for showing classic or smaller films such as Moon. But no - all 14 screens must be kept available for repeat screenings of G.I. Joe, G-Force 3D, etc.

Got an invite to a press screening earleir today and I'm in two minds about it. While I love Cameron and can't wait to see this I'm not sure if I can go watch a 25 minute preview then wait months for the rest. I also don't want to spoiler anything.

^ Can I have your ticket in all seriousness? I would really like to see it.
    Dibs, bagsies, etc, the rest of you! *glares*

Edit: Ah just saw you're in Galway, blargh.

• Advertisement

BopNiblets wrote: »
    ^ Can I have your ticket in all seriousness? I would really like to see it.
    Dibs, bagsies, etc, the rest of you! *glares*

Edit: Ah just saw you're in Galway, blargh.

It's non transferable unfortunately and you need ID to prove you are who you say you are. I was told by someone that a certain somebody could be in attendance and if it's true I have to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dog-man-star

I can see how that rumour might start.
    James Cameron is doing an introduction, but it will be recorded, sadly he won't be there in person.

I can see how that rumour might start.
    James Cameron is doing an introduction, but it will be recorded, sadly he won't be there in person.

Not Cameron, it's someone else. A certain quirky star who is currently filming over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,856 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I find it strange that I havent seen a trailer for this yet...

Sadly and strangely Ive heard more about Avatar...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just got an email saying that I won tickets to the Movies.ie showing. I'm in two minds as well. Might see if I'm about town that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I won tickets aswell, ill probably go to it since i'm likely to be around. It's gonna be so frustrating though seeing 15mins and then gettin booted out

Not to worry guys, I got some! woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 81,856 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

looks like youre all going together under the guise of a boards film beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I won tickets!! Whoop!!! It's gonna be weird though... 15 minutes...?

I also can't wait till The Last Airbender! Hope Shyamalan doesn't wreck the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Got tickets to this from movies.ie too.

Looking forward to it :D. I'm not one for spoiling a film before I see it, but a (hopefully/presumably) carefully selected 15 minutes from a near 3hr film I currently know near nothing about? I'd say I can handle that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Goodshape wrote: »
    Got tickets to this from movies.ie too.

Looking forward to it :D. I'm not one for spoiling a film before I see it, but a (hopefully/presumably) carefully selected 15 minutes from a near 3hr film I currently know near nothing about? I'd say I can handle that.

I dunno, sometimes a 30 second trailer can show too much, so a 15 minute preview will almost certainly do far worse imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

When is the film's release date 2010?

18 December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭johnmct77

jaw dropping.......looks better than Transformers 2:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBRFJ9RArc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

johnmct77 wrote: »
    jaw dropping.......looks better than Transformers 2:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYBRFJ9RArc

This already has its own thread and is painfully unfunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

An official teaser trailer will be on iTunes trailers later today!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

Paleface wrote: »
    An official teaser trailer will be on iTunes trailers later today!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

2 HOURS 45 MINUTES TO GO!!!

Trailer on Apple.com (720p) ::
    http://images.apple.com/movies/fox/avatar/avatar2009aug0820a-tsr_720p.mov

Impressions :
    Gives away sweet feck all. CGI looks good but still looks disappointingly like a cartoon, to be honest. Absolutely no more excited about the film now than I was 30 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Apple's website seems to be dying. I'm very slowly loading it up here:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/avatar/trailer

Looking forward to it. Hope the trailer doesn't rain on my parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Wow. It looks pretty amazing. Not sure on the look of some of the alien creatures, but the rest of it is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Not as "Eye-fùckingly" brilliant looking as it was made out to be but it still looks to be excellent.

Original big-budget movies are too few and far between anymore.

I'm just stoked that Cameron is back doing action, yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Its a 2D teaser trailer. The movie itself is going to be in 3D so I'm sure that will enhance the experience.

I think its gonna be great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Anyone else think the CGI looks really...animated? It doesn't look realistic at all. I mean, it looks interesting, but its bordering on a Pixar film or something.

I can't deny that it's incredible animation, just couldn't shake the thought that what I was looking at was seeing was all computer-generated. Still, amazing stuff.

Can't wait!!!!

Anyone else think the CGI looks really...animated? It doesn't look realistic at all. I mean, it looks interesting, but its bordering on a Pixar film or something.

I can't deny that it's incredible animation, just couldn't shake the thought that what I was looking at was seeing was all computer-generated. Still, amazing stuff.

Can't wait!!!!

Yes - incredible animation indeed. I was hoping for a live-action film.. didn't get that feeling from the trailer.

Still though, as you said, looks amazing and I can't wait.

Maybe the 15 minutes tomorrow will look better on the big 3D screen :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Reminded me of this...........

O017.Oddworld_Abes_Odyssey-front.jpg

Oh and.........

Advertisement