Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

baggage handlers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Joe muthafukin Duffy was on the case this afternoon so it should all be sorted now. Good old Joe!

"Gudafternoooontoyouuuuu caller"

"Hi Joe........."

"Suresuresuresure"

".........and then it ripped me leg off Joe!"

"Suresuresuresure and how did that make you feel caller?"

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭scorpioishere

Its so funny to see how many people are coming to say that they lost money, perfumes, cigarettes, this, that, now that they heard about the theft on the news. Some of them say that they didn't complain about it . So why come now and say you lost your stuff.

Also its time also to break the fingers of some of the people who works at An Post, i had so many stuff lost with them and so are my friends. I did complain but they couldn't find out how it happenned. They are absolutely rubbish. I know a retired postman who told me that he knew some people there who steal money or other stuff in the enveloppe.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

There is a million pieces of baggage a year moving through Dublin Airport and believe me, we try and steal every bit of it...It is an even bigger money-maker than numbers and Jimmy is in charge of it all. Whenever we need money, we rob the baggage. And to us, it is better than Citibank.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

I don't understand.... Did none of you who had stuff stolen bother to put locks on your bags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

bytesize wrote: »
    I don't understand.... Did none of you who had stuff stolen bother to put locks on your bags?

Locks Schmocks.
    Jumpy wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭grundie

bytesize wrote: »

If you are going to/from the USA, the TSA will remove all non-approved padlocks without a bit of hesitation.

They will only accept TSA padlocks with a red diamond, but they are so easy to open an armadillo could manage it.

My wife once put a proper back gate style padlock on her case. The TSA couldn't bolt cut it off so they ripped the case open using a knife and then sealed it with duct tape - after putting in a "we dmaged your case - tough!" leaflet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

My bag was opened a few years back going to london for the weekend and they took my brand new sony digital camera.
    I reported it to the airport police and to aer lingus but was basically told tough luck.
    All i wanted to know was how come it was in my bag when aer lingus put the bag through at dublin but it was gone (bag left open too) in london.
    Airport police were a laugh - do you want to look at all the silver cameras to see if yours is there? Yeah that would be great. Listen if you can't find it you may as well take one anyway!!
    I didn't - no point some poor unfortunate losing out cause I wanted another camera!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

Thank God ...the suspect is not Nigerian,that would have added to Paulie D's collection of reasons why immigration is so detrimental to Ireland.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Now what we need is an enquiry into postal workers.

Damn right.

Advertisement