Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal or No Deal for TV3?????

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Scheduled for Friday week- bit strange though - it's going to be halved up with Coronation Street in the middle:
    8.00 Deal On No Deal
    8.30 Corrie
    9.00 Deal Or No Deal

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

iseegirls wrote: »
    Scheduled for Friday week- bit strange though - it's going to be halved up with Coronation Street in the middle:
    8.00 Deal On No Deal
    8.30 Corrie
    9.00 Deal Or No Deal

Basically doing what RTÉ did with WWTBAM? It allows them to have viewers stay with TV3 rather than turning over to RTÉ One for the News or for EastEnders.

TV3 want Friday night to be theirs from 7pm

Emmerdale, Coronation St., Deal Or No Deal, Coronation St., Deal or No Deal and then we can all tune in to RTÉ One again.

It should work out well for them. Is the National Lottery still sponsoring Coronation St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emotionalocean

Went along to the pilot showing today, and must say the set design is much better than the UK one, and Keith Barry is quite a good host, did a much better than the likes of Marty Whelan and such. Ran alot better than Winning Streak imo. Looking foward to seeing the broadcast versions. And it's one game split over the two shows with Corrie in the middle.

Went along to the pilot showing today, and must say the set design is much better than the UK one, and Keith Barry is quite a good host, did a much better than the likes of Marty Whelan and such. Ran alot better than Winning Streak imo. Looking foward to seeing the broadcast versions. And it's one game split over the two shows with Corrie in the middle.

Good to hear they have gone with a different set. Are the rules the same?

I guessed it would be the one game over 2 shows again it makes sense so people will wait until the end of the Coronation St to see the outcome.

I like Marty Whelan on Winning Streak TBH, I don't watch it that often only saw it when he started doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emotionalocean

It follows the format used in most countries, 26 boxes, first round open 6 boxes, second open 5 boxes, third round 4 boxes so on...

Box openers are members of the public known as the 'green box club' as well as the contestants family and friends.

The set is two tiered with half the boxes on an upper level and the rest on a lower level, it's decorated with money vaults, which light red when the banker rings, and the screen that displays the money left in game splits in two for the host and contestant to enter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭iseegirls

It follows the format used in most countries, 26 boxes, first round open 6 boxes, second open 5 boxes, third round 4 boxes so on...

Box openers are members of the public known as the 'green box club' as well as the contestants family and friends.

The set is two tiered with half the boxes on an upper level and the rest on a lower level, it's decorated with money vaults, which light red when the banker rings, and the screen that displays the money left in game splits in two for the host and contestant to enter.

Aw I actually can't wait to see it now. Good to hear that you think it's better set than the UK one. I was just imagining a cheap version when I first heard the idea - but I really hope this works out for the lotto and TV3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

A friend of mine was in the audience and told me exactly what happened. I asked what about the confidentiality agreement. He said 'oh was that what I signed at the start' ah well.

patmac wrote: »
    A friend of mine was in the audience and told me exactly what happened. I asked what about the confidentiality agreement. He said 'oh was that what I signed at the start' ah well.

In what order did the contestant pick the boxes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 letsbbetter

hey there i was one of the players at the pilot and am now a member of the green box club, its a great show, really hard working lovely people and the set and people are wonderful

you should take the confidentiality agrrement seriously, whats the point in going to all that trouble to shoot these programmes where the outcome is supposed to be a surprise, ive done 6 now and would love to tell my friends and family but you just cant...

• Advertisement

rules are the same only theres 26 boxes instead of 22 and the box openers are members of the players family and friends, it is un by the national lottery and thats how its different, the players are pulled out of a hat from all entrants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Less than four hours to go now - but pre-broadcast hype has been comparatively very little, hasn't it?

Wonder how much that will say about how well the show is going to do...

hi yea i know were all going out to look at it in a pub in town, id say ppl are just sceptical,, like an irish VERSION, theyre thinkin but i think once they see 1 episode theyll be hooked.... fingers crossed and enjoy,,,,
    g

Less than four hours to go now - but pre-broadcast hype has been comparatively very little, hasn't it?

Wonder how much that will say about how well the show is going to do...

Shows that give out large sums of money for very little skill often do well. Most National Lottery TV Game Shows pull in an audience. So it will be unlikely that this won't do well for TV3, especially sandwiched between Coronation Street.

I will take a look but TBH shows that give out large sums of money for very little skill don't interest me (unless I am on them). I suppose for me it will just be a novelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I'm wondering, given that this thread has mostly dealt with the run-up to DOND Ireland, should it now be locked and a new thread created for general discussion of what takes place on the show, just like with THAT other game show on TV3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Not at all, stop yer nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

:eek:
    dear god, could it be anymore boring?! Keith Barry is desperate...and I thought Pat Kenny was a plank!

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Ive turned it off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

It's not as bad as I feared it would be. Keith Barry was a little stiff but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt as it was the first show.

My main problem was that it seemed very dragged out. It didn't flow as well as the UK version.

Flash86 wrote: »
    My main problem was that it seemed very dragged out. It didn't flow as well as the UK version.

It is produced by the people who produce the UK series.

• Advertisement

It's a bit unfair to be a National Lottery game. At least with Winning Streak you're guaranteed to go home with something, used to be £10,000, not sure what it is now. But with Deal or No Deal you could end up leaving with virtually nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Flash86

Elmo wrote: »
    It is produced by the people who produce the UK series.

Maybe it's because there are 4 more boxes. It seemed they were asking 4 or 5 people their opinions after every offer. Just seemed to drag a bit.

Karsini wrote: »
    It's a bit unfair to be a National Lottery game. At least with Winning Streak you're guaranteed to go home with something, used to be £10,000, not sure what it is now. But with Deal or No Deal you could end up leaving with virtually nothing.

I don't know you go into a shop and buy a Scratch card you might not win any thing, this just prolongs the agony of knowing you could loose.

I thought they were going to have 26 players (scratch card winners) all guaranteed 1000 euro and at the start of the show 1 would be chosen to play Deal Or No Deal.
    Maybe it's because there are 4 more boxes. It seemed they were asking 4 or 5 people their opinions after every offer. Just seemed to drag a bit.

I didn't think he would ask the banker so much towards the end the banker was offering money in places that he/she wouldn't normally. I only fast forwarded to the end.

Anyone watch it live with the break for Coro St how did that work out for ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Karsini wrote: »

I think you are guaranteed €5,000.

When we were there for filming, the lady got a cheque for her €20,000 and €5,000 as well.

It does drag, and that where it falls down. Those last 4 or 5 boxes where the banker makes an offer after every box kills it imo. Added to that the fact that the players are just randomly picked from those who buy scratchcards whereas in the UK you have to audition, the Irish game is very dull in comparison.

I was also there for next weeks episode, which i shan't reveal any details of.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jin.ie

Random Question for 'sligobrewer' but when is it filmed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

jin.ie wrote: »
    Random Question for 'sligobrewer' but when is it filmed?

Saturdays and sundays i believe

ok thank you , so if your name was called out today you would be film dis saturday and sunday? short notice no?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

ok thank you , so if your name was called out today you would be film dis saturday and sunday? short notice no?

Think their is about 3 weeks in the difference

ah ok someone said to me my bro has been called out this week so am hoping its true

• Advertisement

ah ok someone said to me my bro has been called out this week so am hoping its true

If his name is frank Nugent from athboy he was pulled out :)

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=17237&locID=1.65.448

Advertisement