Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deal or No Deal for TV3?????

Options
  • 13-08-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭

According to todays Evening Hearld they want to bring the show to Ireland.

I suppose Channel 4 did it, so their is little reason to complain about TV3 broadcasting an Irish Version.

I really don't see this show in C4's remit perhaps five/ITV should produce it over in Britain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Who would host it though?

Martin King might be good, but I'm guessing TV3 would want a slightly bigger name, and go shopping around for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Martin King might be good, but I'm guessing TV3 would want a slightly bigger name, and go shopping around for one.

They'll probably give it to Matt Cooper or Trevor Walsh as they seem to be involved on every tv3 show...except Xpose!!

But hope it does happen, would be nice to see the Irish version...and who will banker be??? some dodgy guy from AIB or what?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sure they could look to central Europe for a host or three. ;)

This is the problem we need to let people become slightly bigger, Martin King would be good.
    But hope it does happen, would be nice to see the Irish version...

Why do you want to see Irish people opening boxes?

TBH this is just PlayTV during the day.

However I am guessing this will be a prime time show for TV3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

I really hate to "Dis" irish television and broadcasting, but it has come to my attention that TV3 programming is some of the "tackiest" that I have ever seen. For e.g. Xpose. At a recent press conference regarding Ronaldo's move to Real Madrid, an Xpose presenter "sneaked" in and asked ronaldo about his "short" shorts. This in my opinion was terrible for irish television as it portrays to other that all we care about is "gossip and celebrity".

I would implore whoevers in charge not to bring Deal Or No Deal to TV3 as it would be the equivelent of putting a tutu on a bulldog to try and make it look pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

I read in Saturdays Star newspaper that Keith Barry is to be the host

thecutter wrote: »
    I read in Saturdays Star newspaper that Keith Barry is to be the host

Wouldn't he be bored?
    an Xpose presenter "sneaked" in and asked ronaldo about his "short" shorts.

If only it was a comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Bond-007 wrote: »

I know a guy, his name's JG, he can act out any role :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Keith Barry has been confirmed by TV3 as the host.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Will it be the UK format , or the normal one used in other countries ?

Yes.

I thought it was in different formats around the world. But more than likely, in TV3 mediocrity, they possible couldn't bare to waste their hard earned cash on a Set Designer. I could be wrong and TV3 will go in a completely different direction to the English version, but I am guessing that the "You're Fired" show for The Apprentice won't look to dissimilar to the English Version.

Who ?

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    Who ?

A very new and interesting presenter that no one has ever heard off.

Bar those who have watched the Keith Barry Experience. He is an Irish Magician and has had TV shows on RTÉ, ABC and ITV.

keith-barry-2008.jpg

I am guessing their is a scratch card involved as this will be sponsored by the National Lottery.

Oh yeah, I saw him put a card into Colin Farrell's boxers once!

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭MacGyver007

Well said! There is one in particular that is a free agent...

Elmo wrote: »
    I thought it was in different formats around the world. But more than likely, in TV3 mediocrity, they possible couldn't bare to waste their hard earned cash on a Set Designer. I could be wrong and TV3 will go in a completely different direction to the English version, but I am guessing that the "You're Fired" show for The Apprentice won't look to dissimilar to the English Version.

The UK version was the first to use boxes instead of cases and to use a banker; the original format used a computer to make the offers. I think it was also the first to have players in the wings, certainly in the US version the people in the wings are models or actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

anyone know how to apply for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

MuddyDog wrote: »
    anyone know how to apply for this?

+1.
    I'd inevitably be the one to start the Irish 1p club.
    Plus, Keith Barry is not a ginormous tool like Noel Edmonds so it's win-win.

I am guessing it will be scratch card entry since the show is sponsored by the National Lottery but I could be wrong about that. I haven't heard anything about the show since.

• Advertisement

Not sure if this is already known here but, according to Wikipedia, DOND Ireland will debut in October, and will air on Fridays at 9pm.

If that is true, it will be (for the second half of the show anyway) up against Tubbers and the Late Late.

Hmm...

Not sure if this is already known here but, according to Wikipedia, DOND Ireland will debut in October, and will air on Fridays at 9pm.

If that is true, it will be (for the second half of the show anyway) up against Tubbers and the Late Late.

Hmm...

Yeah it should be on at 6:30 at the very latest, really just a daytime gameshow. Same goes for most of National Lottery Gameshows.

Pick a box.
    which box?
    any box!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Anyone get the new scratchcards yet? Won 5euro on my first one. :D

A person only has a chance of getting onto the show if they get a "deal" from the banker in the bottom left of the scratchcard.

Went onto the website - seems like it's gonna go out on a Friday at 8pm, must mean that it'll be 30 mins so won't be as dragged out as the Channel 4 version.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Anyone get the new scratchcards yet? Won 5euro on my first one. :D

A person only has a chance of getting onto the show if they get a "deal" from the banker in the bottom left of the scratchcard.

Went onto the website - seems like it's gonna go out on a Friday at 8pm, must mean that it'll be 30 mins so won't be as dragged out as the Channel 4 version.

Will Keith Barry still present with all the problems over the last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I'd say so anyway - he's on most of the advertising on papers and around those glass boxes where the lottery tickets are kept in shops so he must be doing it still.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭segarox

jhegarty wrote: »

the top prize is €250,000, there'll be 26 indentical sealed red boxes, there'll be scratchcard to accompany the show and you must send it in if you get 'Deal' on the Banker's Bonus section to get on it. Drawings will be on Ireland AM and I'm guessing it won't be like the UK version, I'd say it'll be on every Friday in a primetime slot (7/8/9). It'd be good if it was like the UK version as I really enjoy watching the special weeks they have. I looking forward to Trick or Treat week as I saw the trailer for it on YouTube.:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3TeXkv4twI

segarox wrote: »
    I'm guessing it won't be like the UK version, I'd say it'll be on every Friday in a primetime slot 8. It'd be good if it was like the UK version as I really enjoy watching the special weeks they have.

It's an 8 pm start. It won't be 7 as Emmer and Coronation St is on and it won't be 8:30 because Coro St is on. I really won't be watching TV3 this Friday.

I don't see why it won't have the exact same format as the UK version I could be wrong, why have the same? why bother with an Irish version?

I understand that you like this show but I just do not get the attraction. Do you like Noel Edmunds as a TV Presenter?

Elmo wrote: »
    It's an 8 pm start. It won't be 7 as Emmer and Coronation St is on and it won't be 8:30 because Coro St is on. I really won't be watching TV3 this Friday.

It won't be starting this Friday or, according to the latest RTE Guide, next Friday either.

So I guess whoever posted on Wikipedia that it would be starting in October wasn't quite right...

It won't be starting this Friday or, according to the latest RTE Guide, next Friday either.

So I guess whoever posted on Wikipedia that it would be starting in October wasn't quite right...

TV3 stated it would be starting in October but with the Family problems that Keith Barry has had, I am guessing they are giving him sometime, which is only fair.

• Advertisement

Advertisement