Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you classify these Dublin accents?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

no calls for this to be moved to the Dublin forum?

never seems to offend enough to get moved when it's a dub bashing thread somehow. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Another thing is that the whole notion of classifying anybody outside Dublin as a 'Culchie' is stupid. A person who grew up in the cities of Cork, Limerick, or Galway can't be classified under the same heading as a person from a small rural village. There are also big differences between different regions of the countryside. But to our seventeen bright sparks that Frada mentioned, they're all just 'Feckin Culchies that (insert reference to incest or some form of agricultural activity)'.

Sense! Sense is creeping into the discussion!

There are stupid threads on AH. And then there are threads like this. A veritable torrent of stupidity and small mindedness. Bravo lads, top marks, bleedin' magic and whatever other stupid, regional, parochial glib slang that you want to chunder out with. A lot of copping on is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Quint wrote: »
    The northside/southside thing just doesn't exist. Neilstown, Jobstown, Tallagh, Clondalkin, Ballyfermot, Crumlin, Drimnagh, Inchicore, Bluebell, Dolphins Barn are all "posh" southside areas.
    But Clontarf, Drumcondra, Castleknock, Sutton, Howth, Whitehall and Malahide are all pure working class salt of the earth dubs

;)

I like the Dublin accent, I seem to be the only one from the midlands who does.:P
    What I can't stand is the Naas accent, drives me mad altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Des wrote: »
    Eyes different sizes.

O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

to the OP, why do you ask such question?
    is it you want to evaluate the class and background of every Dub you meet on the results of this thread?
    bit pathetic!

use this ruling, if your sound your sound & if your a cockhead your a cockhead..

class and background judging is for the cockhead variety btw!

now run along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Another thing is that the whole notion of classifying anybody outside Dublin as a 'Culchie' is stupid. A person who grew up in the cities of Cork, Limerick, or Galway can't be classified under the same heading as a person from a small rural village. There are also big differences between different regions of the countryside. But to our seventeen bright sparks that Frada mentioned, they're all just 'Feckin Culchies that (insert reference to incest or some form of agricultural activity)'.
    I think technically anyone from outside Dublin is called a culchie while someone from a small town is either a muck savage or a bog hopper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

Another thing is that the whole notion of classifying anybody outside Dublin as a 'Culchie' is stupid.
    Indeed, I grew up near a tiny Irish village. In my school, the kids that lived in the village were 'the townies' and the kids who lived in outlying farms or in the countryside were 'the culchies'. Fights were commonplace between the groups. The village where the townies lived had one church, one school, and no shops. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

1. Wanker
    2. Wanker
    3. Wanker
    4. Wanker
    5. Wanker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭flas

Jaysis, the boggers are out in force this morning. Shouldn't you all be out milking your sisters or something?

yep because thats exactly what people who live outside the m50 do,we milk our sisters....well done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭JamesTaylorfan

Berkut wrote: »
    Dublin Accent = Scum

I hate when people say that about the Dublin accent....there's more to a Dublin accent than the scumbag version.
    I was born and dragged up in Dublin and have a soft suburban accent nothing like the tracksuit brigade.
    They don't have the Dublin accent, just a Dublin accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

I was born and dragged up in Dublin and have a soft suburban accent nothing like the tracksuit brigade.

dragged up=scum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Why in the love and honour of jaysus do you think anyone would begrudge you living in dublin.cultureless,hustle and busle,hours and hours commuting to and from work and over PRICED to put it mildly.No thanks i'll gladly stick to this side of the country:).

Haha I see you live in Limerick!

'nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭JamesTaylorfan

wudangclan wrote: »
    dragged up=scum

Yam not scum but i'll still burst ya if ya say dat again. *grin*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Lirange wrote: »
    Limerick people giving out. Whatever next.
    dont know what ever you mean,sir:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Fixamajigged.
    i'll thank you sir, only because im tipsy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

These Dublin Vs Rest of Country threads are the biggest waste of space and time...ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

fuck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

topper75 wrote: »
    I enjoy the variety in Dublin accents, except for the one recently made up accent (used exclusively by posh kids and arseholes).

You mean the fake American one? Seriously makes me want to puke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Pherekydes wrote: »
    *Side is spelled side. :D
    O'Reilly ? :D

BVB wrote: »
    North County Dublin
    Up the Dubs !!!
    gurramok wrote: »
    Roight, i speak perfectly D4 language :D
    condolences , We cant all be be perfect eh ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Some Dublin accents make my skin crawl.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Some Dublin Culchie accents make my skin crawl.....

Fixed that for you :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Some Dublin accents make my skin crawl.....
    tallus wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :)

BLEARGHHHHHHHH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement