Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Crisps

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Red Doritos with the dips from Marks and Sparks! I second the Bacon Fries

If they can bring back the Wispa they should bring back Monster Munch! The greatest packet of crisps bar none!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Sounds like the're cutting back on some flavouring in the latest batch of King. There is literally no flavour in them, whatever the fu*k has happened in the factory.

Tobyglen wrote: »
    If they can bring back the Wispa they should bring back Monster Munch! The greatest packet of crisps bar none!

Monster Munch are still here albeit under the new name of Mighty Munch

syngindub wrote: »

Haven't seen them around in a while, will keep a look out for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sam Spudz crinkled smokey bacon was the Woodstock of crisp production

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Ya, but they're not as nice as the older ones. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Silverfish wrote: »
    I'm with you. Tell 'em unless they start tasting like they did in the 80's when they had the see-through bit on the front of the pack, they can feck off and I'll go live on pringles instead.

They really need to bring this back. Shove your foil up your arse, crisp manufacturers! We all know the true reason they changed it: so that we can't see how stingy they've become with the amount of crisps they put in!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Sam Spudz crinkled smokey bacon was the Woodstock of crisp production

They were radical indeed with that crinkle; a great idea of Ray Coyle's to make Hunky Dory's with the crinkle. Sam Spudz cheese and onion crinkled were also legendary. Haven't seen Sam Spudz in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Rebelheart wrote: »
    They were radical indeed with that crinkle; a great idea of Ray Coyle's to make Hunky Dory's with the crinkle. Sam Spudz cheese and onion crinkled were also legendary. Haven't seen Sam Spudz in years.

Aw you've reminded me of Burger Bites now, havn't had them in years, they were the shìt!

• Advertisement

crinkled pringles, do we have these?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Aw you've reminded me of Burger Bites now, havn't had them in years, they were the shìt!

Ha! I thought I saw them in the Perri/King/Tayto/Hunky Dory factory storeroom last week and sure enough I must have as Raymond Coyle also bought Sam Spudz/Burger Bites.

http://www.largofoods.ie/about_us/default.asp

Some man for one man!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

walkers max are the only crisp noyhing else comes close

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭gidget

Originally Posted by syngindub
    Anyone else noticed that King Crisps are not tasting like they used to over the past few weeks. I defo notice the difference anyway.

Yeah Kings crisps (Cheese & Onion anyway) have definately gone downhill a lot in the last few months anyway. Even the colouring has changed. Has anyone else found that the crisps are all dark brown and burnt looking now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Walkers aren't bad, but lack something.

a crap taste? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Im 100% sure Walkers used to taste a lot nicer than they do nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭lav1

gidget wrote: »
    Yeah Kings crisps (Cheese & Onion anyway) have definately gone downhill a lot in the last few months anyway. Even the colouring has changed. Has anyone else found that the crisps are all dark brown and burnt looking now?

was fed up getting burnt king so i,ve now swapped to tayto!
    I hated tayto for years but they,ve got there act together now and they taste great...

on the monster munch thing and other similiar crisps, where they always made with maize?? I thought they were corn snacks or was that just the old way to make them? either way they dont taste as good as they used to:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i thought that i was the only one who thinks king tastes different same with pringles sour creme and onion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

Adamcp898 wrote: »

You can still get Burger Bites, but not in many places. I bought a box of Burger Bites (60:D) in Musgraves last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Burger Bites......mmmm
    Kings Crisps are still quite nice....mmm
    Aw now i'm hungry,thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Tobyglen wrote: »

On a side note i cant seem to find wispas in a lot of place for the last month or so...is it that theyre so good that they sell out as soon as they hit the shelves, or are cadburys just doin it to p1ss me off...again!!?

I must say that walkers are, if nothing else, consistent. Ive never had a bad packet, but on the flip side, ive never had an absolutely spectacular packet (the worcester sauce flavour are delicious though!)

I give them a solid 7.

King on the other hand have always (for me at least) been black and white: theyre either absolutely the nicest thing youve ever tasted, or absolute cardboard.

I give them a 9.5 or a 2, depending on which type ya happen to get.

Tayto i can live with and theyre quite decent, but has anyone else noticed that the cheese and onion smell like feet or something in recent times?

In conclusion, one has to weigh up if one wants to settle for quite a nice crisp (walkers or tayto), or take a punt on King, and risk disaster along the rocky road that potentially leads to the ambrosia of Crispdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Hula Hoops arent the same as they used to be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Anyone else noticed that King Crisps are not tasting like they used to over the past few weeks. I defo notice the difference anyway. I'm contemplating sending them a mail to see what the story is.
    I'd hate to move over to Tayto on a permanent basis.

Maybe its to do with the potatoes that are grown this time of year, the 'new potatoes' as we call them at home, they are not nearly as nice as the potatoes you get from say october to may!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Hula Hoops arent the same as they used to be!!
    That's because they took out the MSG, salt and other chemical stuff that made them taste so goooooood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Walkers aren't bad, but lack something.

They lack any semblance of taste.

King crisps ftw :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

if you've never had a bag - or "package" - of Ma Reillys, you haven't had a cheese and onion crisp. Or "crip".

Advertisement