Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Silent Assassin's Betting Blog

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭SilentAssassin

Leeds 2 - 0 Stockport (Michalik 37) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭villager

half way there now just the poles to do their stuff later on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,846 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Headshot wrote: »
    i was looking at this match, Portugal have to win their next 2 match to quailfy afiak

the Danes would be happy with a draw I think

*cough*

just clearing my throat ;)

*cough*

just clearing my throat ;)

What are you talking about? Denmark were winning until the last four minutes. Not like they were playing for a point! They were VERY unlucky!

What are you talking about? Denmark were winning until the last four minutes. Not like they were playing for a point! They were VERY unlucky!

i was joking mate

portuagal deserved the draw anyway

• Advertisement

Took your advice and took the two teams. also added spain in. threw 500 on it to win 630. was gonna add killkenny aswell that would have paid 1100, but i decided against it, i dont like anything over a treble, one team always lets u down. we'll see how today goes first, then we might look at killkenny tomorrow lol!!

Bloody hell! How do you legislate for a result like that? Poland were a dead cert. Think 90% of the Gambling forum had them between accas and what not. Feckin internationals!! :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Newjellyboxer

Pox Internationals! Cant believe Northern Iron got a draw. Just cannot legislate for them. Latvia beat Israel away. There is just no pattern to them. SA Im down to my last €15 guru. Redemption man next week I trust :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bustertherat

Bloody hell! How do you legislate for a result like that? Poland were a dead cert. Think 90% of the Gambling forum had them between accas and what not. Feckin internationals!! :(:(:(

Ya sickener, but thats the nature of gambling, you win some you lose some.

When you're up its never as good as it seems and when you're down you know you're always gonna come right back up again.:)

Poland almost nicked it aswell.

fixtures mid week and next weekend to salvage some returns fingers crossed :p

when will ya have the preview up for the HIBERNIAN game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Have to agree with you on this one i think spurs will have the measure of utd for once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

5/1 for the slow burner is excellent. Will definitely be taking that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭TheRock

I'd hold off on the Spurs - Man Utd game until I see the teams.
    I'm a Spurs fan and Modric is going to be a massive loss. Also Bassong picked an injury on International duty and is not certain to start. With King, Woodgate and Dawson all injured, if Spurs have to play Corluka and Huddlestone at the back I wouldn't touch this game with a barge pole, Rooney would run riot.
    Also Ferdinand is in the running to start for Utd, which would be a massive boost for them.
    Add to that the fact that even as a fan I find it hard to see Spurs winning their opening 5 games (too many years of pain :o).

If Harry can get Bassong or King into the starting lineup, I'd be going for the draw.

when will ya have the preview up for the HIBERNIAN game

That's up now
    Have to agree with you on this one i think spurs will have the measure of utd for once

Let's hope so!
    K4t wrote: »
    5/1 for the slow burner is excellent. Will definitely be taking that one.

As long as there's no major uspets it should work out fine
    TheRock wrote: »
    I'd hold off on the Spurs - Man Utd game until I see the teams.
    I'm a Spurs fan and Modric is going to be a massive loss. Also Bassong picked an injury on International duty and is not certain to start. With King, Woodgate and Dawson all injured, if Spurs have to play Corluka and Huddlestone at the back I wouldn't touch this game with a barge pole, Rooney would run riot.
    Also Ferdinand is in the running to start for Utd, which would be a massive boost for them.
    Add to that the fact that even as a fan I find it hard to see Spurs winning their opening 5 games (too many years of pain :o).

If Harry can get Bassong or King into the starting lineup, I'd be going for the draw.

The problem I have is that I need to pick my bets on Tuesday night to have them all up by Thursday so unfortunately I don't have the advantage of seeing the teams. It'll be a tight enough game but it has to be the best chance Spurs have had of beating United in recent years.

iv a 130 in my pp account and seriously thinking of putting it on hibs

idk.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I wouldn't myself.^

K4t wrote: »
    I wouldn't myself.^

maybe a hibs win and a draw or no bet would be better

odds @ 4/9

iv a 130 in my pp account and seriously thinking of putting it on hibs

idk.....

All the facts and stats that we have at our disposal point to a Hibs win, but you don't know what's going to happen on the day itself. Hibs could have an off day and Hamilton a very good one. If the match was played on paper Hibs would win nearly every time, unfortunately for us..it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Great blog, nice ideas and well thought out content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭bustertherat

f**k me!!hamilton up 2-0 after 15 mins!
    its a funny old game lads!

• Advertisement

ahh **** it anyway

lucky I had part of a accum worth a tenner so not a big deal

still thou not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Waiting on Hibs for 7 team acc @ 80/1
    Lets hope they fight back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

All the facts and stats that we have at our disposal point to a Hibs win, but you don't know what's going to happen on the day itself. Hibs could have an off day and Hamilton a very good one. If the match was played on paper Hibs would win nearly every time, unfortunately for us..it's not!

The reason I stayed away from it was because teams that are playing ****e have to get a good result eventually. :) I also saw that today on my Feyenoord bet - Willem II could have snatched a result.

Some good stuff mid week in the Champions & Europa leagues though which should be easy cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Lad are you Paddy Power or what .. Any bet you've done so far has lost...Lucky for me i havent been followin ur tips or id be in the poor house

Lad are you Paddy Power or what .. Any bet you've done so far has lost...Lucky for me i havent been followin ur tips or id be in the poor house

Eh the poor house?..what about Notts County (Evs), Covenrty (5/2) and MK Dons (7/5) that all won? It's early days yet, all bets were in profit before this weekend and you agreed with me that Spurs would beat United:

To be fair, I have been the victim of some freak results -the vast majority of people backed Hibs to win today!

Villain wrote: »
    Great blog, nice ideas and well thought out content.

Cheers :D

The way some results are goin at the mo, the lotto is looking a better option each and every day!
    ahh **** it anyway

lucky I had part of a accum worth a tenner so not a big deal

still thou not happy
    qc3 wrote: »
    Waiting on Hibs for 7 team acc @ 80/1
    Lets hope they fight back.

Was in a similar situation myself. Did a mental 10 team acca (lots of +1 handicaps in fairness) and hibs were the 10th team. Laid a bit off prior to the match so won some money, but nothing like I would have won with a hibs win :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Eh the poor house?..what about Notts County (Evs), Covenrty (5/2) and MK Dons (7/5) that all won? It's early days yet

Yeah, you gotta take a medium to long term view. As long as you have a positive yield at the end of it, you're doing well.

My aim is to have a yield better than a high interest bank account.

Have a Europa League group winner bet this week so updating this early. I'm on foreign soil with limited internet access so no previews this week. Just the tips:

http://thesilentassassinsbetting.blogspot.com/

Advertisement