Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People with Huge ear rings/ear stretching

Options
  • 12-08-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

just noticed a number of people over the last month or so with these huge ear hole ring things that are like big friggin circles inside the place were a normal ear ring would go. It is like having a piece of 3/4 inch pipe in your lug.

Why would people do that if all you are left with is a huge drooping ear with a large hole in it? Can these people not see past being 16-21?

I doubt those size of holes ever close.

This is the type of thing I mean http://asoboo.com/images/full/44912.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/56/Stretched_Earlobes.jpg

Why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Well Will....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Give you a handy place for bus fare when you take it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

i've heard the expression 'to talk a hole in someones ear' but thought it was purely metaphorical

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

It really brings new meaning to the song

Do your ears hang low,
    Do they wobble to and fro,
    Can you tie them in a knot,
    Can you tie them in a bow,
    Can you hrow them over your shoulder,
    Like a continental soldier,
    Do your ears hang low?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GodSaveTheQueen

Kiera wrote: »
    Well Will....

Well will....what? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Schism wrote: »

I didn't know what I was looking at there for a second

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

They have part time jobs working as prizes in the carnival...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I know a bloke who has it done and when we wer in a nightclub a friend of mine put a pad lock through it and ran away with the key for the whole night!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Why? I like the way it looks on me.

• Advertisement

They have part time jobs working as prizes in the carnival...

I've worked for many multinational companies (if that's what your into), have a degree in computer science and am pretty happy with my life. Just because I decided to stretch my lobes doesn't instantly mean I'm some "grade A" waster, or angsty teen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Each to their own I suppose... I bet anyone with plugs likes it. Just because it's not an interest of yours doesn't mean they won't enjoy it when they get past 21 years of age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Well, I'm past 21 and have a degree and a skilled fulltime job.

My lobes are only 1/2" though, maybe if I make them a bit bigger I can finally get that part-time carnival dream job...

Will wrote: »
    I've worked for many multinational companies (if that's what your into), have a degree in computer science and am pretty happy with my life. Just because I decided to stretch my lobes doesn't instantly mean I'm some "grade A" waster, or angsty teen.

Why do you do it? To be different? Have you a pic I can see? How big is the hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I didn't know what I was looking at there for a second

Heh, takes a couple of glances :P

On the ear thing. I once seen a guy dressed in a suit and tie with a stretched lobe, it didn't take anything away from the look. Quite a dapper gent he was.

Why do you do it? To be different? Have you a pic I can see? How big is the hole?

I did it because I liked the way they looked, and figured they would suit me. I didn't do it to be different or to rebel. I started when I was 20, am 23 now. I'm not posting my pic in AH no. The holes are 1" or 25.4mm.

schism: coulda been me. And no, I was not going to a court appearance :pac:

I did it because I liked the way they looked, and figured they would suit me. I didn't do it to be different or to rebel. I started when I was 20, am 23 now. I'm not posting my pic in AH no. The holes are 1" or 25.4mm.

Do you think you will still wear them when you are 65?

Yeah Will, show us your hole :D

Yeah Will, show us your hole :D

He said he won't already.

It's not something I jumped into. I had my lobes pierced for 2 years before and thought about it long and hard. It's not something you go into on a whim, if you do your a bit silly.

When I'm 65? Who knows, it's 42 years away. Long time away, il let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

It's not something I jumped into. I had my lobes pierced for 2 years before and thought about it long and hard. It's not something you go into on a whim, if you do your a bit silly.

When I'm 65? Who knows, it's 42 years away. Long time away, il let you know.

So you didn't think too far ahead. That is what I thought. Thank you for your answers.

I pretty much thought that about the few I had seen.

He said he won't already.
    Relax there, sparky. It was a joke. You get jokes, right? ;)

So you didn't think too far ahead. That is what I thought. Thank you for your answers.

I can't honestly say because I don't know what the future holds. I went into it knowing they were for life, so if you want an answer then yeah I will wear them when I'm 65. Rockin down the street with a load of OAP biatches at my feet :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Utterly repulsive imo. Each to their own though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

You old judgemental so and so! What's with all this long term thinking nonsense! You sound like Pigheads mother! Live for the now and stop being so rigid and bound by rules. If you saw a red stripey jumper would you not buy it on account of the fact that stripes look dodgy on old people?

I can't honestly say because I don't know what the future holds. I went into it knowing they were for life, so if you want an answer then yeah I will wear them when I'm 65. Rockin down the street with a load of OAP biatches at my feet :pac: :cool:

Good for you :)

When I get redundant I can see a market for ear plastic surgery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Relax there, sparky. It was a joke. You get jokes, right? ;)
    there's a lot of short fuses around tonight, kiera.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Not my thing but I have tattoos so I'm not against body modding, it only seems somewhat outrageous because it's relatively new.. piercings and dying your hair were new once too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

What's wrong with it exactly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement