Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swearing?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

brummytom wrote: »
    You mean like a witch?
    Yep, my specialty is turning things green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I swear, big deal tbh. Anyone offended should really get their priorities in life sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Dusty87 wrote: »
    I find its not a big thing around here anyway. At a recent family wedding i said **** which my auntie's friends (english) nearly fainted! They couldn believe i said it. My aunt is only 3year older than me. Aunt then told me in england they dont say that much. I dont know, but the sister said its the only curse word bleeped out on big brother.

'Fcuk off you cnut' is like every third sentence in like every English gangster film.

Yeah I swear a lot, doesn't matter how young people are around me. I only don't swear around people 65+ tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

It's a way of life for me. I use swear words as adjectives sometimes, and nouns, and verbs too. And pronouns. Everything really, they're a critical part of my personality and I use them without a thought most of the time, unless I'm trying to be formal.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,434 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's a way of life for me. I use swear words as adjectives sometimes, and nouns, and verbs too. And pronouns. Everything really, they're a critical part of my personality and I use them without a thought most of the time, unless I'm trying to be formal.
    Doesn't using them all the time in normal speech devalue them then? What do you do when you really want to swear then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I started a thread about this recently, I think it's definitely rude to swear, though I do swear myself in certain situations, just not in everyday conversation or as a sentance filler. I wouldn't swear at a girl or an older person, unless I was on a rant about something in their company. I find girls who swear in normal conversation more unattractive (I can't help that, I just do) because I think it's a bit gruff. I think it's a pity when you see kids not being punished for cursing because it's simply bad manners and disrespectful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Good shag's what that bitch needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Trail_Blazer

I enjoy using swear words for embellishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Alun wrote: »
    Doesn't using them all the time in normal speech devalue them then? What do you do when you really want to swear then?

Absolutely it does. If I really want to swear I say the words with passion. "Gash" is the only word I find offensive really...

I hate that word!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭tara666

wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

I like what you did there, cutting down on the swearing, and your name is quietsailor ;)

it works on different levels doesn't it :P, completely accidental though in the context of the post. I just happen to be quiet and used to be a marine engineer,

I enjoy using swear words for embellishment.

abso-fucking-lutely.
    Yes,calling a girl a cunt still does have a big shock factor!!

I prefer to use it in more indiscreet and unexpected ways than just saying "Your a cunt..."

Try it yourself next time you get a pint:

€5.70 for a Guinness?......What, d'you take me for a cunt?

Advertisement