Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Scroungers...Grrrrr..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Not much right now im planning on having some brunch with my developer buddies.

Ask them where welfare dependency comes from

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lol...yeah thats right turn a blind eye and blame the capitalists why dont you. to be fair to them at least they do something,anything for they're money. plus they dont usually try and assault you when you walk past them.

The scroungers who do nothing for their money are symptomatic of the attitude that pervades many parts of our society i.e. **** everyone else im out for me and ill take everything I can get.
    That's capitalism! The scroungers have just found the easiest possible way of making money it's nature at it's finest.

I think this whole focus on the scroungers is daft, it's not their fault we're in the state we're in, their a natural side affect of society and there's little you can do about it because allot of people do deserve that money. The government is going to love cutting everybody's money and use this backlash as their excuse. Focusing on scroungers is pointless it's the stupid, fat, lazy, useless pricks in charge that waste your taxes.

I don't blame scroungers to be honest, what kind of an idiot is going to say no to free money? Very few in honesty would. The social welfare guys have spent years training these people to be the best scroungers on the planet, they've spent years telling every tom, dick and harry how to get as much money off the government as possible so blame the teacher not the student.

If you don't like what your tax money is being spent on stop paying taxes, money is all this government cares about so people should start voting with their wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

The scroungers who do nothing for their money are symptomatic of the attitude that pervades many parts of our society i.e. **** everyone else im out for me and ill take everything I can get. The reason this attitude exists is because we, as a country, do nothing to dissuade or discourage this type of behaviour. Indeed we reward it. So these people who feel they are entitled to do nothing and receive everything will continue to do so. because we havent the guts to stop it.

FYI .... "These Scroungers" are people who have worked hard for years and have been royally screwed by the system ...

Buy the big overpriced piece of crap of a house, Funny money flooding the country, The boys in know make the cash, the whole Ponzi Scheme imploads ...

Joe Soap let go by the big Multinational that is now leaving for fresh pastures ... Joes Soap is now the scrounger !!!!

And you anger is directed at Joe Soap ??? This country is fecked !!!

And it is rotten from the TOP down .... All we need now is the IMF to step when we cannot pay our national debt !!! The country has been destroyed before our very eyes and the people responsible should be executed in my eyes :mad:

The wage slave is the one that is screwed and will continue to be. The goverment slapping articles in the paper is playing on the insecurities of the wage slave ... and like little sheep ... they turn against their Welfare brethren !!! LOL ... and it continues ...

Oh yes lets do it ... cut the Welfare of people most in need in an economic enivorment where hyperinflation is possible !!! My cost of living has not dropped and no poxy report will say otherwise ....

Oh and while were at it cutting welfare ... sure why no just progress more towards the American healthcare system model while we are at it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Anywhere i can hear a repeat of the show last night, they dont have it on podcast:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

There is no way I could listen to that sh**e phoneshow, my blood would boil, I would end up killing someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

jodaw wrote: »
    FYI .... "These Scroungers" are people who have worked hard for years and have been royally screwed by the system ...

Buy the big overpriced piece of crap of a house, Funny money flooding the country, The boys in know make the cash, the whole Ponzi Scheme imploads ...

Joe Soap let go by the big Multinational that is now leaving for fresh pastures ... Joes Soap is now the scrounger !!!!

And you anger is directed at Joe Soap ??? This country is fecked !!!

And it is rotten from the TOP down .... All we need now is the IMF to step when we cannot pay our national debt !!! The country has been destroyed before our very eyes and the people responsible should be executed in my eyes :mad:

The wage slave is the one that is screwed and will continue to be. The goverment slapping articles in the paper is playing on the insecurities of the wage slave ... and like little sheep ... they turn against their Welfare brethren !!! LOL ... and it continues ...

Oh yes lets do it ... cut the Welfare of people most in need in an economic enivorment where hyperinflation is possible !!! My cost of living has not dropped and no poxy report will say otherwise ....

Oh and while were at it cutting welfare ... sure why no just progress more towards the American healthcare system model while we are at it :mad:

FYI... i wasnt talking about people who have worked hard for years. get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

efla wrote: »
    Ask them where welfare dependency comes from

acc?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

FYI... i wasnt talking about people who have worked hard for years. get it right.

The backlash is against to scroungers who have been at it for years right? So why now? Anyone ??????????

Ehhhhh ... the real loser from these bad press against welfare in the complete family unit that are now unemployed with little hope of work and are seriously indebted to banks that are being bailout from the other side !!!

:D

Lol ... even kid could see there is something drastically wrong here ...

So where again do we need to provide more tax euros ??? Ah yes ... for the big bank in the sky !!! :D ... so let cut the fcuk out of the welfare system ... and lets diverted all of the 150 euro per annum revenue we have left to the banks ....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Would people be really pissed at others on social welfare working here and there for cash in had. I mean the people who make only 204 a week on social plus making on average of 30 - 40 a week cleaning, or doing some unskilled labour like cleaning gutters, washing cars, cleaning windows, gardening, fencing, labouring the odd time, small mechanic work, doing portraits or painting a house etc etc.

I can understand if someone was on social and making 300 a week cash in hand. I never had a problem with people making a little extra, once they don't completely abuse it.

I have more of a problem with the people on social welfare making 2-3K a month claiming their "entitlements". That's not very fair is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

I think that's what the brunt of the reacton is for, those ones. I have R & R'd this this morning already abouth that show last night. I do not listen to that show very often but it is like watching a car crash and it does have some hold every so often, fair play to the more intelligent among us who can say they don't bother listening to the riff raff on such a show but when you get down to brass tacks these people are living in the country we're sharing with them, and the fact that they're flashing it in peoples faces brazenly and telling others on it they're stupid idiots for not doing the same when they're claiming thousands a month, and missing the entire point that if no one was working and doing this there would be f*ck all to claim anyway....it just makes your head explode.

And for all the posters yelling about all people on welfare not being scumbags ...(not Iamxavier) you are all missing the point. These people went on air and bragged about the fact that they've never worked for anything and claim they're not stealing. I do agree though that all this reaction about the scumbags wil sort nothing out at all and as I keep ranting on...it is just a symptom of a system that's letting honest people down. Why we have to go out and do something about it as some people are suggesting is beyond me. We work, the government are supposed to police their welfare system and make sure it's not abused, is that up to us as well as being at work because they're incapable of doing so?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The biggest fraud in the history of the state is being committed as we speak
    and its not being done by single mothers,please dont fall for the FF/BANK/DEVELOPER propaganda having us blame the poor for their crimes against the State

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Morlar wrote: »

**** that throw them in prison - if they are commiting fraud throw them in prison. If not lower the levels of benefits over time to discourage dependency.

There are reasons why these people don't be sent to prison or have their allowances stopped you know

It costs nearly twice as much to keep someone locked up for a year rather than on the dole

and if you stop payments altogether (whether they deserve it or not) you're forcing people to survive by other means, ie. stealing etc

The hardline attitude only works on paper

what needs to be done is to systematically change the way entitlements are granted, for example putting people back into education or training before they're entitled to any money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Yea yea yea... all people on social welfare are scum, we are all junkies and alchos. For my breakfast I had a shot of heroin, can of dutch gold and ate a small child. We are all scum who want to rape your women and steal the eyes out of your head. We are all convicts, have been or will be in prison soon, bla bla bla. We hear the sh1t every day... it's getting old.

Oi, the sun is a great paper for tits...

Well you have plenty money to be on boards all day..why arent you out looking for a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Des wrote: »

I'm just waiting for the Leftist PC Do-Gooder Brigade to appear.

Hi all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 GodSaveTheQueen

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    OP: You DO know that half the people on that show are pair actors given the role of inciting hatred...?

Is there any truth in that?

I rang in once when they were doing a bit on money lenders and them being thugs threatening their customers.

Guy/researcher asked me my point (pre live radio) and I said well I think the Money lenders should be allowed to kill anyone who is stupid enough to agree to pay back 2 grand after borrowing 200 quids, good for the gene pool in the long term.

Pr1ck just hung up on me but I was fairly loaded at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

In regards to the social welfare argument on the Adrian Kelly, alot of people on the schems do n't know the true meaning of hard work! The government should adopt a new approach like the Germans where if you go on the dole you get two chances to get a job. If the government offers you a first job and you decline it your dole is cut in half and if you get offered another and you decline, you're cut off completely.
    Obviously there should be rules and allowances in this system but there are thousands of people who have been living off our taxes their whole life and need to get a reality check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

These baseless rants ad hominem that form from sensationalised media reports are deplorable at a time when the political class is taking your money and giving it to "banking and investment scroungers".

BAN THIS SICK FILTH!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

*sigh* I hate hearing stories like this about scrounging dole scumbags claiming benefits that they do not deserve. I am totally fine with people who have genuine reasons for being on the dole and the likes of people who have lost their jobs but jees, there are some scumbags who are on it and they just use it for cans, dvds, fags, drugs and whatever else crap they want to buy.

Ugh. I pay too much tax for it to be put into some non-deserving person's pocket in the form of €204 pw. They should have a tier system or something. If you lose your job or have a real reason to be on the dole, you should be able to claim back your tax gradually with a min of €204 pw. I think it should be a lot higher for people who have recently lost their job / genuine reason and then gradually decrease downwards. The end result should not be €204 pw, it's just too high for this country to afford right now. Why should those scroungers (again not people with a genuine reason for not being able to work) who have never worked a day in their life be entitled to the same amount that those who were working would get if they lost their jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

I think we need to hand ourselves over to China, Remove social welfare and where necessary implement the death penelty and single child policy.

Troll I here you say!

No just an example of the other side of the coin.

• Advertisement
Advertisement