Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Scroungers...Grrrrr..

Options
  • 12-08-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Was listening to the Adrian Kennedy phone show last night which I rarely do and this topic just infuriated me. It was about people who don't work and claim benefits on children, cash in hand, single parents with partners raping our tax money and being ****ing proud of it. And some of the people on it were just mind boggling, absolute scum of society with not ONE brain cell in their head. This is what I gathered from there perspective.

* They think everyone should do it (Even though the country would fall apart)
    * They really don't have a breeze where the money comes from (Thin air maybe?)
    *They are proud of stealing it (Maybe because they were bred into it)

Not one of them could hold an arguement without threatning other callers or saying "Eeexxxxcuuussee meeeee, who are ya callin a nagger??" few more gems

" It's my money liiikkkeee"
    "So whaaa? I gotta put food on the table for meee 7 kids"(Birth control love children aren't an extra wage for your drug habbit)
    "I pay for what I have" (No you don't WE do you just collect"

Rant over, but really the system is as braindead as these scumbags are. Hate having to pay a cent out of my hardv earned ****ing money to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Was listening to the Adrian Kennedy phone show last night
    I'm sorry, you lost me at this ^^^^.

Listening to that tripe is up there with watching skynews or buying the Sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Licence to have kid, the only way.

We'll be free of the scumbags in a generation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Quit your job and go on the dole then.

Media will always blow these sorts of stories out of all proportion to the actual problem for one reason and one reason only: they know it means paper sales, webpage hits, or more listeners, and that means more ad revenue.

For every one skanger they dig up who's abusing the system, there are plenty of people who genuinely need this assistance at a difficult time.

Fear, anxiety, and barely repressed hatred of others who people think are doing 'better' than them, or having an easy life while they slave away at their soul-less 9 to 5 cubicle life-ender, are what is driving this sort of paranoia.

Try to relax and enjoy life a bit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dirt, the lot of them.

Round 'em up.

I'm just waiting for the Leftist PC Do-Gooder Brigade to appear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Was listening to the Adrian Kennedy phone show last night which I rarely do and this topic just infuriated me. It was about people who don't work and claim benefits on children, cash in hand, single parents with partners raping our tax money and being ****ing proud of it. And some of the people on it were just mind boggling, absolute scum of society with not ONE brain cell in their head. This is what I gathered from there perspective.

Not one of them could hold an arguement without threatning other callers or saying "Eeexxxxcuuussee meeeee, who are ya callin a nagger??" few more gems

"So whaaa? I gotta put food on the table for meee 7 kids"(Birth control love children aren't an extra wage for your drug habbit)

Rant over, but really the system is as braindead as these scumbags are. Hate having to pay a cent out of my hardv earned ****ing money to this.

Yea yea yea... all people on social welfare are scum, we are all junkies and alchos. For my breakfast I had a shot of heroin, can of dutch gold and ate a small child. We are all scum who want to rape your women and steal the eyes out of your head. We are all convicts, have been or will be in prison soon, bla bla bla. We hear the sh1t every day... it's getting old.

Kiera wrote: »

Oi, the sun is a great paper for tits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

Des wrote: »
    Dirt, the lot of them.

Round 'em up.

I concur lets round up everyone that's on a welfare payment and exterminate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What's worse is the shoe scroungers who buy cheap shoes and sneer at Pighead whenever he buys a good solid expensive pair of shoes.

Pighead wouldn't mind but their scrounging isn't actually good scrounging. It's actually costing them money! False economy in the extreme. Pighead buys his good solid shoes in January for lets say €120. The false economist points and sneers at Pighead saying something like"Oh look at Mr Fancy Pants with his fancy shoes. You're impressing nobody ya prick. I got these shoes in town and they only only cost me €25."

A year later Pighead is still wearing his fancy shoes while the false economist meets him in town again and sneers "I see you're still wearing your fancy shoes ya horrible posh freak" The thing is he's calling Pighead these horrible names as he's heading into the shoe shop to buy his 6th pair of cheap shoes since he last seen Pighead. Unbelievable these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Why doesn't Adrian Kennedy go into social services? Now that would appear to be the right man for the job. He talks a good game.

OP, why you listening to this show? It teaches hate - just like the Mail, the Indo, Sky News...

Life's too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Never gets old does it?

yes it does

By all means continue to moan about it online though, rather than trying to do something about IRL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

Dirt, the lot of them.

Round 'em up.

5 cliche points for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Indecent folk on Adrian Kennedy? Never...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Quit your job and go on the dole then.

Media will always blow these sorts of stories out of all proportion to the actual problem for one reason and one reason only: they know it means paper sales, webpage hits, or more listeners, and that means more ad revenue.

For every one skanger they dig up who's abusing the system, there are plenty of people who genuinely need this assistance at a difficult time.

Fear, anxiety, and barely repressed hatred of others who people think are doing 'better' than them, or having an easy life while they slave away at their soul-less 9 to 5 cubicle life-ender, are what is driving this sort of paranoia.

Try to relax and enjoy life a bit more.

I enjoy working?Go mad without it...and it's not all the media we all know people who take the piss outta the welfare and it is a real problem as the country hasn't got the money to keep paying it. Of course there is a bit of jealousy that they get all the money and benefits while hard working people loose their houses but ah well lets just all forget and enjoy life until everthing goes completely bust and we end up like the 3'rd world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

lol at the people thinking I meant everyone on the dole. :rolleyes:

Read the posts folks, instead of jumping to irrational positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Yea yea yea... all people on social welfare are scum, we are all junkies and alchos. For my breakfast I had a shot of heroin, can of dutch gold and ate a small child. We are all scum who want to rape your women and steal the eyes out of your head. We are all convicts, have been or will be in prison soon, bla bla bla.

Finally...

I've been saying this for years.
    It's nice to have one of the "lowers" admit it for a change.

I must remember to remind Jeeves that he owes me 5 more years of service after that bet..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Kiera wrote: »

Too right The Star is the paper of choice these days:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Yea yea yea... all people on social welfare are scum, we are all junkies and alchos. For my breakfast I had a shot of heroin, can of dutch gold and ate a small child. We are all scum who want to rape your women and steal the eyes out of your head. We are all convicts, have been or will be in prison soon, bla bla bla. We hear the sh1t every day... it's getting old.

He's not having a pop at people who lost their jobs and are currently unemployed Brennan Uneven Nap.
    It was about people who don't work and claim benefits on children, cash in hand, single parents with partners raping our tax money and being ****ing proud of it.

There are lots of good workers without jobs these days through no fault of their own but he was referring to people who collect the dole and commit fraud by working cash in hand and are proud of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Not one of them could hold an arguement without threatning other callers or saying "Eeexxxxcuuussee meeeee ...
    LOLS
    Sums up that show perfectly.
    Not to mention the other gems:
    "C'mere an' I'll tell ye..."
    "D'ye seeEEEe youuu... <insert insult here>"
    and the one that never gets old...
    Adrian: "There ye are now <name>, what do you think of that?!"

They really need to give people 30 seconds to make their point, then kick them off the air instead of keeping them on to win a shouting match.
    I heard a radio talk show years ago from the UK that implemented this policy mercilessly... it was actually pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,032 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

OP: You DO know that half the people on that show are pair actors given the role of inciting hatred...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Salvelinus wrote: »
    5 cliche points for you.

These cliche points, can I cash them in for prizes at the end of the week or how does it work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

oh queite down there are no jobs avaible what do u want us to get invisible jobs that pay us invisible money?cant wait til wherever u work closes down:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Dirt, the lot of them.

Round 'em up.

You called?

The problem with the OP is not that welfare fraud/unnecessary abuse shouldn't be pursued to its final (hopefully violent) conclusion, its that sh*theads like Kennedy continue to make welfare reform a divisive issue. Prodding the left into apology is unproductive, the focus should be on diverting public service deadweight into monitoring, means testing and prosecution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    OP: You DO know that half the people on that show are pair actors given the role of inciting hatred...?
    Radio trolls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

i read quite a few of the replies, i just read in the independent, that alot of the double welfare payments etc are going to cease, aswell as child welfare etc being cut! atleast there is some justice!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

Ehhhhhhhh ... I'm thinking to myself that based on this quote you have never looked into where money does come from. I think you might just be surprise to know that money does indeed come from Thin Air ....

Simply that we as a nation are saddled with the debt it creates ...

Because of the below facts

• The rich and powerful take more from us than the scroungers could ever do.
    • Government policy to spout out these welfare stories in the papers and turn the riff raff against each other seems to be working.
    • Why only now do people give a crap about it? What about the good times when Canny Mcsavvy did not give a crap since they were busy flipping gaffs like burgers at McD's
    So i say that they are perfectly entitled to the support of our welfare system. And i have no problem with that ...

... but i do have a problem with people that feel it is there pocket that is being robbed and the Welfare Recipient is Enemy Number 1 ...

Get real people ... think IMF, ECB, Big Business ... Income taxes FFS!!!

This is the game we are in and do you know what ????

If the big guys can hit the PRINT button on the Presses , i say Fair fcuks to these scroungers !!! They have their own mini printing press and are winning at this big game (funny thing is they are to stupid to realise that) ...

My rant overrrrrrrrr

My point?

Look up not down ... that is where the real problem is :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Salvelinus

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    These cliche points, can I cash them in for prizes at the end of the week or how does it work?

Wotrks on a thread by thread basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

"... but i do have a problem with people that feel it is there pocket that is being robbed and the Welfare Recipient is Enemy Number 1 ..."

you summed up how I feel pretty well anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

jodaw wrote: »
    ... but i do have a problem with people that feel it is there pocket that is being robbed and the Welfare Recipient is Enemy Number 1 ...

It is out of the pockets of taxpayers.

Where do you think income tax goes to ? Where do you think the free money comes from ?
    .If the big guys can hit the PRINT button on the Presses , i say Fair fcuks to these scroungers !!!
    **** that throw them in prison - if they are commiting fraud throw them in prison. If not lower the levels of benefits over time to discourage dependency.

.Look up not down ... that is where the real problem is :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Saying we should look up and not down is ridiculous. There are hundreds of thousands on the dole in Ireland (heading toward 500,000 if I recall correctly). Benefits in ireland are among the highest in europe and need to be lowered.

No one has said we should let the developers or banks etc off the hook, or that we somehow have to choose between a few crooks at the top of the system or a few hundred thousand on the dole.

But you cant fix the deficit by ignoring the hundreds of thousands on benefits - MANY of whom have been for years and ARE raping the system. The radio shows may present a distorted perspective in terms of the percentage of recipients who are fraudulent but that does not mean that benefits fraud does not happen - it does and needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Ehhhhhhhh ... I'm thinking to myself that based on this quote you have never looked into where money does come from. I think you might just be surprise to know that money does indeed come from Thin Air ....

Simply that we as a nation are saddled with the debt it creates ...

Because of the below facts

• The rich and powerful take more from us than the scroungers could ever do.
    • Government policy to spout out these welfare stories in the papers and turn the riff raff against each other seems to be working.
    • Why only now do people give a crap about it? What about the good times when Canny Mcsavvy did not give a crap since they were busy flipping gaffs like burgers at McD's
    So i say that they are perfectly entitled to the support of our welfare system. And i have no problem with that ...

This is the game we are in and do you know what ????

If the big guys can hit the PRINT button on the Presses , i say Fair fcuks to these scroungers !!! They have their own mini printing press and are winning at this big game (funny thing is they are to stupid to realise that) ...

My rant overrrrrrrrr

My point?

Look up not down ... that is where the real problem is :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lol...yeah thats right turn a blind eye and blame the capitalists why dont you. to be fair to them at least they do something,anything for they're money. plus they dont usually try and assault you when you walk past them.

The scroungers who do nothing for their money are symptomatic of the attitude that pervades many parts of our society i.e. **** everyone else im out for me and ill take everything I can get. The reason this attitude exists is because we, as a country, do nothing to dissuade or discourage this type of behaviour. Indeed we reward it. So these people who feel they are entitled to do nothing and receive everything will continue to do so. because we havent the guts to stop it.

so everyone who gets pissed off behind their computer should actually do something about this. not just be typically irish and moan about it to our friends then forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

DrumSteve wrote: »
    so everyone who gets pissed off behind their computer should actually do something about this. not just be typically irish and moan about it to our friends then forget about it.

You seem pretty p*ssed off, what will you do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

efla wrote: »
    You seem pretty p*ssed off, what will you do?

Not much right now im planning on having some brunch with my developer buddies.

Advertisement