Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think meeting people from Boards.ie is weird?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Nope, not weird at all.
    Nah... maybe if boards was some kind of hardcore pr0n forum then it could be a little bit awkward.

Unless it's a certain science category having a meetup :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Atari weird-u-are
    I don't mind the idea of meeting people from boards in person at all, but neither do I have a overwhelming desire to.

I get a lot out of the site, and there are a few people that I really like and chat with so I assume that I would get on well with them IRL,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Atari weird-u-are
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    Have played for Des' team

It's not MY team, it's all our team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Atari weird-u-are
    i remember the first bgrh beers. 'she' probably thinks im very weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Atari weird-u-are

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Atari weird-u-are
    Des wrote: »
    :D

scarred for life des

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Des wrote: »
    It's not MY team, it's all our team.

All our team belong to us.

*sheds tear*

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

lol :D:D:D:D:D

all my friends and family think i am a weirdo hermit cos i meet people from the internet:rolleyes

but in the next breath ask when i am going to marry the weirdo hermit i met at a bgrh beers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Sort of. I quite like being a bit mysterious on the internet, I think if I knew more about people from here I'd feel weird. I like the feeling of being detatched.

That might be because I've never met any though and the idea just feels weird to me.

we should have a meetup in a big room with everyone on a computer. one big thread and see what happens..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Atari weird-u-are
    we should have a meetup in a big room with everyone on a computer. one big thread and see what happens..
    We could pick straws to see who fetches the coffee or myabe just take turns eh ? .

Latchy wrote: »
    We could pick straws to see who fetches the coffee or myabe just take turns eh ? .

yes we could do that.. but first i'd post 'goatse' or the next worst thing i could find just too see peoples reactions around the room :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Atari weird-u-are

It'd be better if during it all you still didn't know which screen name went with which face. Suspicious glares all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I guess it depends from which forum they come from.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Atari weird-u-are
    yes we could do that.. but first i'd post 'goatse' or the next worst thing i could find just too see peoples reactions around the room :P
    Ah yes ..I can see it now

ie, So that's what she / he / it looks like ...hmmmm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Atari weird-u-are
    Boards Beers are good fun.

I have no probelm meeting up with other boardsies for beers.
    I will admit that the first time I went to a Boards Beers, it was very nerve wracking.

I have met some very nice people through boards, in fact I even went to Germany for a Boards Beers - it was great fun. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Atari weird-u-are
    Abigayle wrote: »
    Ohhh. I've just thought of a question for your thread =P

What is the question?

Some f*cker moved the thread to here :(
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61565655#post61565655

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Nope, not weird at all.
    I know around three of four people from boards. But it was more a case of "you're on boards, what's your username?" and then realizing I didn't recognize their user-name anyways.

Have never been to a boards beers, I prefer to shoot off my big mouth from behind the computer screen. :pac:
    I might go down to the next one, get drunk, cause a scene and get thrown out at 10:15 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Not at all. Started holding meet-ups in the Veggie forum and they've gone great! Been to a handful of other Boards beers too. Great to put a face to the name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Nope, not weird at all.
    Never met anyone from boards I didn't already know, and thought it would be a bit wierd. More so putting a face to a username and what I imagine people to be like. But after reading this thread I think I'm converted :)

Can I ask, at meet ups do you refer to yourself by your username or your real name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Nope, not weird at all.
    It is weird IMO. But I have met about 5 people from boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Whenever I meet people I realise how weird Boards is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Atari weird-u-are
    im going to my first beers on the 21st

yay new found legalness

im excited to meet some rl boardies.

most people seem really cool

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

I don't think it's weird but i haven't gone to a boards event yet in all the time i've been here as i'm a bit shy around new people :o :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I think the weirdest part is meeting in RL and then chatting about ****ing boards!!

Especially when people can overhear you and you're there talking about all these people with mental names!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Atari weird-u-are
    kingtut wrote: »
    Nope, love meeting boards people!

Been to (and organised) a lot of the Cork meetups and everyone has been super nice, I talk a lot and out of about 20 people I have met I have only found it hard talking to 2 of them. They were kinda shy so prob not used to someone like me.

I love you boardsies - not in a gay way I promise, now thank me and give me fuzzies and happies inside :)

am i one of the 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Nope, not weird at all.
    I think the weirdest part is meeting in RL and then chatting about ****ing boards!!

Especially when people can overhear you and your their talking about all these people with mental names!!

Yeah I know, like how do people introduce themselves at beers?

Must be so awkward...

Also, is the L Limerick?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Yeah I know, like how do people introduce themselves at beers?

Must be so awkward...

Also, is the L Limerick?? :p

nope....... next!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Atari weird-u-are

Especially when people can overhear you and you're there talking about all these people with mental names!!

haha, it's quite inevitable. or chatting to someone while they're posting from their phone saying how it's going.

a fair amount of people ive met on boards, i cannot think of them by their real names.

but have been to quite a few beers in the past and have had great nights out on just about all occasions. it's been great putting faces and real life personalities to the usernames, avatars and posts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

if there is a boards beers how many people usually show up? If you get talking to other non boards related people in the bar do you tell them why you're there? that you're meeting a load of strangers off the internet? How many girls show up? I'm thinking about 1 in 20 is a girl am i right?

Advertisement