Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flip Flops in work

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,985 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Tazdedub wrote: »
    Work as in say an office or a shop where you go to get your sandwich at lunch time?

Did they make your sandwich with their feet?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Did they make your sandwich with their feet?;)

maybe they do or maybe they had their lovely feet up on the counter earlier where they make your sandwich.

So put yourself in the place of a company owner or director, someone comes into work in their beautiful flip flops, that person is walking along the hallway and the slip and fall because of the flip flops and the sprain their ankle or worse. Next thing you are down and employee for however number of days or weeks and secondly that employee now decides to claim compensation from the company because of the accident, even though it was that persons choice to wear their flip flops into work, so now you find yourself having to make a generous pay out to this employee and then look at an increase in your insurance permium, how would you feel about flip flops now?

At a guess I would think ladies in high heels have a higher accident rate then people in flip-flops, therefore if I 'was' a company owner or director I would ask those members of staff who do not deal face to face with the general public or who are not in charge of making sandwiches to change their preference in footwear from heels to flip-flops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

At a guess I would think ladies in high heels have a higher accident rate then people in flip-flops.

I never said anything about ladies and high heels, I was talking about flip flops worn by anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

I mostly wear wellies to work and unfortunately flip flops are typically impractical. However I do have a pair in my car. I'd say I haven't worn shoes in about two weeks. Whevever I go out at night, to the shops, or anything that involves being indoors, I wear flip flops. I haaate shoes.

• Advertisement

I never said anything about ladies and high heels, I was talking about flip flops worn by anyone.

I know you did but you also suggested that flip-flops cause are responsible for many accidents which i tend to disagree with. Sure they are not good for peoples posture and are the cause of many back and posture complaints as well as in some cases highlighting peoples terrible hygiene and/or disgustingly ugly feet.

I just think that if you are going to accuse the simple flip-flop of being solely responsible for insurance claims and bad working practices etc then there are other foot footwear/accessories which should be outlawed also. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I don't care what people wear to work.

Advertisement