Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Facelifted Kia Cee'd

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hats off to Kia on the engine department, anyone who slags Hyundai/Kias abilities with diesel engines hasn't driven a H1 van or even an i30. Hyundai have been doing variable geometry turbos on diesels and continously variable valve timing on petrol for years, it's technical brilliance when someone like BMW does it, but scrap when Hyundai do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,847 ✭✭✭✭unkel

bazz26 wrote: »
    Sorry Unkel where are you getting that price for the Golf, the cheapest 5dr Golf I can find starts at €21,400?

From www.volkswagen.ie :)

The base 3 door is €15k (RRP), the 5 door is €16k (RRP). Golf GTI for less than €27k. Not bad, the GTI was €35k 2 years ago iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

lol........like the "its a fridge"comment.
    And that from a Rover 75 owner..................:D

Lol :pac:, I dont have a Rover 75 I v got even better car and it s called a Rover 45 :pac::D

But seriously Rover is gone 2 months ago, now I have Mazda 6 :P:cool::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Hats off to Kia on the engine department, anyone who slags Hyundai/Kias abilities with diesel engines hasn't driven a H1 van or even an i30. Hyundai have been doing variable geometry turbos on diesels and continously variable valve timing on petrol for years, it's technical brilliance when someone like BMW does it, but scrap when Hyundai do it?

Now I never called them scrap. The problem is that the neh sayers dont think there's much to shout about. 1.6 Diesel with 110 bhp. PSA since 2004. Fiats 1.3 gives up 90 brake. Now I've sold plenty of different brands in my life including Hyundai ( which in fairness is the same thing as Kia ) and I dont remember anything ground breaking about them either. But is it not stretching it a little bit to use the words "technical brilliance" whilst describing a Kia Ceed. On par when launched but now well behind I think is a fairer description. Nothing wrong with it just average.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭maidhc

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Now I never called them scrap. The problem is that the neh sayers dont think there's much to shout about. 1.6 Diesel with 110 bhp. PSA since 2004. Fiats 1.3 gives up 90 brake. Now I've sold plenty of different brands in my life including Hyundai ( which in fairness is the same thing as Kia ) and I dont remember anything ground breaking about them either. But is it not stretching it a little bit to use the words "technical brilliance" whilst describing a Kia Ceed. On par when launched but now well behind I think is a fairer description. Nothing wrong with it just average.

1.6 Diesel + 190bhp = technical brilliance. (I think!)

• Advertisement

especially when it has a 7 year warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

maidhc wrote: »
    1.6 Diesel + 190bhp = technical brilliance. (I think!)

Well it all depends how it drives and if it really happens at all. But this link doesnt mention such bhp heights http://www.worldcarfans.com/109081020977/kia-ceed-facelift-revealed--debut-in-frankfurt so I dont know but I wonder is it a relation to this eh...fantastic looking, great warranty work of technical brilliance http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/223314/kia_ceed.html

But dont forget Fiat are getting 185 from a 1.9 thats knocking on the door of 15 years old.

And it seems the new nose doesnt stop at the ceed

20978.hl1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Not a pretty car, then again neither is a Skoda Octavia but it seems to earn more street cred on this forum.

But have you seen the size of its boot?:eek:

and you know what they say about big boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

unkel wrote: »
    From www.volkswagen.ie :)

The base 3 door is €15k (RRP), the 5 door is €16k (RRP). Golf GTI for less than €27k. Not bad, the GTI was €35k 2 years ago iirc.

They are MkV Golfs though that VW Ireland obviously have not shifted. The MkVI costs alot more.

• Advertisement

They are MkV Golfs though that VW Ireland obviously have not shifted. The MkVI costs alot more.

Yup they are MkV. But at 15k vs a Kia at 18k they seem good value. Only a fool would buy a brand new Cee'd to be honest.

This time next year you will be able to buy a 1 year old Cee'd for about 8k. That really will be good value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

The base 3 door is €15k (RRP),..

....it's also a 1.4 petrol which, as everyone on here knows, is a complete ball of ****e. VW wouldn't give a minute over the bare minimum warranty on it as they know - as do we - that you'll be looking for a replacement engine long before the Cee'd original warranty runs out.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 51,140 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yup they are MkV. But at 15k vs a Kia at 18k they seem good value. Only a fool would buy a brand new Cee'd to be honest.

This time next year you will be able to buy a 1 year old Cee'd for about 8k. That really will be good value :)

And still have a 6 year warranty.

And still have a 6 year warranty.

Unless the first owner did 150k km in the first year. Then the warranty would be gone already after one year :)
    galwaytt wrote: »
    ....it's also a 1.4 petrol which, as everyone on here knows, is a complete ball of ****e.

Bullsh1t. It's a cheapo common econoengine. It's fine in a cheapo common econobox like a Golf or an Octavia. It's the Euro equivalent of Jap/Korean sh1tboxes. It will be fine for the designed lifetime of the car, which will typically be not much more than 10 years and / or 150k miles

Do I have to make it any clearer that I am no fan of either sh1tbox? I hope not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

they copyed it from New subaru impreza,which is a bad move... It looks crap as original allready :D

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

EPM wrote: »
    I bet some of the people posting comments like the above haven't driven one. I was really suprised...

why would i drive a sh!te box if i dont like it or want it.
    fair enough its probably nice to drive economical but its cheaply made and looks terrible imho .
    i drove my uncles ceed and it wasnt comfy and felt like it took ages to heat up and even when it did the gears still were crunchin
    i had an alfa 147 in 2001 people advised me not to buy it i did and loved it but when i realised it spent more time in the garage getting fixed than it did on the road i realised i should have taken the advice ,
    absolutley love alfa's but will never buy one again and will advise people not after my eposode with them
    and after driving the ceed i would advise people not to buy ,each to there own anyway, actually just dont buy new because you'll get a second hand one or ex-demo fairly cheap with some warrenty left on it .

btw people can post there opinions afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

the ceed is gone from trying to be a golf to trying to be a focus

Advertisement