Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards rules

Options
  • 09-08-2009 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

not trying to stir it or anything but in myh opinion boards moderation is far too strict. i mean you theres no banter allowed. in a conversation you should be saying exactly what you think and feel and nobody should be able to ban you for that. fair enough racism and bullying shouldnt be allowed and neither should anything with legal impications but if i want to tell someone they sound like a p*@&k i should be able to. i can on peoples republic of cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

D.E.F.O.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Trying posting this in Feedback/HelpDesk.

Mods will only get dogs abuse here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

cork1 wrote: »
    i can on peoples republic of cork

Then I would suggest you go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Yeah but this isn't People's Republic of Cork is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Then do it on peoples republic of cork. People are expected to be civil and respectful to each other here no matter what they are discussing or whether or not they agree with each other. If you have to resort to saying someone sounds like a prick I hesitate to consider that "discussion" and this is a discussion site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

IBTL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'd sort of agree with you. But the peoples republic has declined as a site in recent years. Most of the members act like pricks. Theres no moderation and the members just become irritating, granted there are some sound ones. :D
    Prefer the boards people in general. I do find some of the moderation tob be a bit extreme but sure its up to the owners. The atmosphere is far better here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Yeah but this isn't People's Republic of Cork is it?

No it's the Mods Dictatorship of Mostly Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

I predict a long and fulfilling life for this thread.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I'd sort of agree with you. But the peoples republic has declined as a site in recent years. Most of the members act like pricks. Theres no moderation and the members just become irritating, granted there are some sound ones. :D

Ta-da :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

boards rules

then why are you complaining? =/

No it's the Mods Dictatorship of Mostly Dublin

You do realise that tonnes of mods/cmods/admins aren't from Dublin, right? Some of them aren't even Irish or living in Ireland

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

not trying to stir it or anything but in myh opinion boards moderation is far too strict. i mean you theres no banter allowed. in a conversation you should be saying exactly what you think and feel and nobody should be able to ban you for that. fair enough racism and bullying shouldnt be allowed and neither should anything with legal impications but if i want to tell someone they sound like a p*@&k i should be able to. i can on peoples republic of cork

Saying to someone that they sound like a prick doesn't accomplish anything and the thread will just descend into abuse. We don't want that here. You can call people more or less what ever you like in the thunderdome (it's under the sys category). In every other forum we don't allow abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Wow man, you're the first person to say that. You free thinker you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Uh, you seem to think you have a right to post on boards. You should be happy you can post here at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Spastafarian

orestes wrote: »
    You do realise that tonnes of mods/cmods/admins aren't from Dublin, right? Some of them aren't even Irish or living in Ireland

But most of the people posting are from Dublin and everyone else seems to have some sort of issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Ad hominem is an all-too-common fallacy that detracts from discussions and produces nothing but mindless drivel like what is in the Thunderdome, or what was in Soccer before it assumed its fascist state.

or

No, you sound like a prick.

Choose your answer.

Seriously, if your ability to communicate depends so much on the option to name-call and stuff, stick to The People's Republic of Cork; everyone's better off.

But most of the people posting are from Dublin and everyone else seems to have some sort of issue with that.

What are you basing that position on? Doesn't seem that way to me. One of the bigger complaints we get about organising sessions and the likes on here is that they are always in Dublin and people can't necessarily travel to them, so that would indicate to me a lot of people on here aren't in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

**** man keep your powder dry...

1. i wasn't trying to imply Mods were all from Dublin

2. I was making reference to the amount of Dublin related stuff in AH

3. it was an AH reply

4. it was firmly tongue in cheek, now watch you don't fall off that horse, it's quite a height.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

boards rules

Indeed it does!

• Advertisement

**** man keep your powder dry...

1. i wasn't trying to imply Mods were all from Dublin

2. I was making reference to the amount of Dublin related stuff in AH

3. it was an AH reply

4. it was firmly tongue in cheek, now watch you don't fall off that horse, it's quite a height.

In a thread about why people here can't attack the poster and not the post, that reply is either geniusly or tragically ironic depending on whether it was tongue in cheek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

rabble rabble rabble!!

What are you basing that position on? Doesn't seem that way to me. One of the bigger complaints we get about organising sessions and the likes on here is that they are always in Dublin and people can't necessarily travel to them, so that would indicate to me a lot of people on here aren't in Dublin

Well yeah, the people in Dublin aren't gonna complain about it not being on in Dublin if it's on in Dublin are they? I'm not even from Dublin, but I've found boards a lot more relevant since I moved here a few months ago. It's more Dublin related than anywhere else, and no amount of complaining is going to change that.

Well yeah, the people in Dublin aren't gonna complain about it not being on in Dublin if it's on in Dublin are they? I'm not even from Dublin, but I've found boards a lot more relevant since I moved here a few months ago. It's more Dublin related than anywhere else, and no amount of complaining is going to change that.

What do you expect to be honest? Dublin is the capital of the country and somewhere between a quarter and a third of the countries entire population lives there, on top of the people who commute there for work and all that, of course the place is going to get more coverage, population alone would imply that is inevitable. Supply and demand and all that. Although I don't think the site is unwelcoming to non-Dubliners in any way tbh, and saying it is based merely on the topic distribution is a bit unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

In some ways I'd agree, but there are allot of smart people on boards. People that can tell you your full of **** and back it up. If we alienated those types of folks we'd end up with a ses pool of idiocy.

Even though I've been banned, it was fair. This is a cross section of Irish society not just a place for drunken fools to insult each other.

What do you expect to be honest? Dublin is the capital of the country and somewhere between a quarter and a third of the countries entire population lives there, on top of the people who commute there for work and all that, of course the place is going to get more coverage, population alone would imply that is inevitable. Supply and demand and all that. Although I don't think the site is unwelcoming to non-Dubliners in any way tbh, and saying it is based merely on the topic distribution is a bit unfair

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yes the Boards rules are strict. It's a good thing though, there's more than enough sites out there on the net for posting crap like that.

You should be thankful Boards tries to raise the bar.

Huh?

Dublin is big and lots and lots of people live/work there, this site is for people to talk about stuff, lots of people talking about Dublin is kinda inevitable

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

PROC is sh1t, so that is no place to emulate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

OP have you ever head of Feedback?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement