Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby goes walk abouts.

Options
  • 08-08-2009 6:09pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How the fcuk to you miss a 2 year old child for a few hours..?I don't like to jump to conclusions without knowing the full facts but I think this baby will end up in care and rightly so.

RTE News

Gardaí locate Dublin boy's mother

Saturday, 8 August 2009 16:34

Gardaí in Clondalkin have located the mother of a young boy found in the area yesterday morning.

The woman was located this afternoon following a public appeal for information.

The boy, thought to be two years old, was discovered at 10am yesterday morning outside Thornfield Square Apartments on Watery Lane, Clondalkin.

He was cared for by the Health Service Executive before his mother came forward.

Gardaí thanked the public and the media for their assistance in locating the woman.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

She was probably in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jesus fcuking christ

I hope the bitch is done for neglect

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

And they gave her back the baby?

For fcuk's sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Look we've all passed out from a cocktail of drink and drugs for a good 12-14 hours and woken up around lunchtime and had to ramble on down to the HSE to pick up the kid that wandered off. It's no biggie.

I look on them as a handy free child finding/minding service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Mother: "I want to report a missing boy"

Garda: "When did you last see him?"

Mother: "Well, it would have been when I sent him to the bar for the next round of drinks. He's always been cheap like that - he stole my fags the other day!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

You're probably right, but I remember years ago two neighbours' kids wandered off (they were about 4 & 5 at the time), and it was hours before they were found. Within about 20 minutes of them being noticed missing there were over 100 people from the area out looking, including gardai. It was a few hours before they were found, and some time longer before they were reunited with their parents. Sometimes when people panic like that they forget to organise one person to stay and coordinate.

To be fair, while they thanked the media for their assistance, I didn't see this on any of my regular news feeds or radio yesterday, so if it had been my kid I'd probably still be wondering where he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

She was prob distracted by her 47 other kids who all have "ADD"(:rolleyes:), while trying to light up a half a spliff left over from breakfast..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

That's some shameful sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Dean09 wrote: »
    She was prob distracted by her 47 other kids who all have "ADD"(:rolleyes:), while trying to light up a half a spliff left over from breakfast..........

Some people today... The breakfast spliff is the most important of the day! Can't leave leftovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Some people today... The breakfast spliff is the most important of the day! Can't leave leftovers.

Breakfast of champions! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

Great environment for a baby to be wandering about. Two shootings last night. Apparently another one today as well.

Babys day out, indeed.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Or just maybe the mother gets up leaves the child watching some TV goes back to sleep for an hour or so (a lot of parents do this, yours probably did too), gets up but the child has gone walkabouts. Children are curious and do go walkabouts a lot of the time. I did myself a few times when I was a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fromvert wrote: »
    Or just maybe the mother gets up leaves the child watching some TV goes back to sleep for an hour or so (a lot of parents do this, yours probably did too), gets up but the child has gone walkabouts. Children are curious and do go walkabouts a lot of the time. I did myself a few times when I was a child.

She didn't report it missing for 30 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Easy enoughn to lose kids. You take your eye off them for a second and they're off like a greyhound.

The point is she didn't report him missing otherwise the Gardai wouldn't have been appealing for help in locating the parents.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Dub13 wrote: »
    How the fcuk to you miss a 2 year old child for a few hours..?I don't like to jump to conclusions without knowing the full facts but I think this baby will end up in care and rightly so.

No she'll more than likely hang onto him, and maybe ten years down the line when the damage is done he'll end up in care:mad:.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Fromvert wrote: »

The child must have been missing for hours if they got this out on radio stations etc and were looking for the parents.This is not a case of a child been missing for a hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Oh right :o, forget what I said then.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

How exactly would a 2 year old child get out of the house?

It's just sh*tty parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Out of curiousity, how many of you who live in Dublin, heard/saw the media appeals yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

phasers wrote: »
    How exactly would a 2 year old child get out of the house?

It's just sh*tty parenting.

you'd be amazed!

when i was 3/4 we were staying in a hotel, my mam went down to the bar(for like 20mins max) while i slept in the room. I woke up and decided to go for a ramble and find her!

managed to get out of the room (even though the door handle was really weird) and walked down the corridor to the lift. On getting there I realised it was one of those old-fashioned grate dealies,which, being 3/4 i didn't know how to operate!

went back to the room(must have propped the door open or something) and was roaring crying when she came to check on me 10mins later!!she still feels bad about it:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

In fairness, my friend has a 2 year old that is like Harry Houdini and a greyhound combined!! He's constantly trying to escape from the house, so she has to keep all doors and windows locked, and the keys hidden.
    He actually managed to get out one day, and was half ways across a field in literally 30seconds. Thanks be to fawk they live in the countryside, and not on a main road in a busy town, otherwise he'd probably have got a belt of a car in that space of time.
    Saying that, if he was missing for more than 5mins, his mother would be on the phone to the guards......

Dunno what yer one in Dublin was at, maybe having a nice lie-in for herself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

The mother was in the local boozer and the kid just went out for a smoke !

Whats all the fuss about?:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thoie wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, how many of you who live in Dublin, heard/saw the media appeals yesterday?

I heard it on the radio this morrning.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

She probably just got distracted on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Probably afraid to. :rolleyes:
    Why do some people have them if they aren't going to be arsed looking after them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭K-Ren

It seems really negligent until you think of the baby having Bruce Willis' voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i thought this thread was going to be about an ankle bitter who emulated the baby in BABYS DAY OUT and we would get to hear how the little terror tormented a bunch of incompetant small time crooks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MrPatMustard

They've found the mother but the gardai are not saying what the story is there so only who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

It's more of a missing mother case than a missing toddler. She was the one everyone was looking for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Dub13 wrote: »
    I heard it on the radio this morrning.
    I saw it on the TV early today

Advertisement