Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRAT

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Awil360 wrote: »
    Hey..
    Um I was just wondering how exactly the customization thing works on BRAT.
    And also maybe what other people use for their customization..

This is because i heard the default settings are not very good at all :-)

If you could help it would be great thanx..
    Ive just started, and i seem to be losing a lot, and its getting annoying :-(

The default settings aren't terrible and will give you an idea, but they're not great. Oldbie always said they were supposed to be changed by each user.

If you go into configure you get a list of positions and stats. Essentially you give each stat a weighting between 0-10 for each position. 0 means the stat has no real importance (to you anyway) for that stat in that positionno (e.g. give a prop a low weighting for speed) and 10 would mean a huge importance (high weighting strength for prop).

You can also put in physical limits (min height/weight) to who will be considered for the position. This is only really important for forwards (imo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Hey Awil,

The customisation is a very personal element and every manager ill have their own thoughts on this. If you are a total noobie and losing alot dont worry too much as the initial team you are assigned sucks (some are useful players) plus with the BOT flush means that you are playing humans every week who are probably into their 2nd season. My initial advice would be to hit the transfer market and try and pick up 15,000+ csr players for under $20,000 and replace about 5 - 10 of your team. Dont woorry too much about age for the first season so up to 32 years of age is fine IMO.

Basic settings I would use for the customisation as a noobie.

Props - min 120kg (no max), max 190cm (strength + Tech)
    Hooker - min 110kg, max height 185cm (max 10-12cm difference of height in front row) (Strength, Tech and handling)
    Lock - min height 198cm, min weight 105kg (handling, Tech & Jumping)
    Backrow - min weight 105kg, needs a bit of everything skills wise
    Scrummie - Handling
    N0 10 - Kicking, handling
    Centres - Agility, handling
    Wings - speed, defence
    Full back - Handling, kicking

As for the skills and the backrow I would need to see your team to make any other suggestions. Let us know your team and we can suggest some ideas for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Awil360

Hey!

THanx for the help, but with my team, how do u want me to show u?

Just copy and paste onto a reply xD??

ANd buying 5-10 players 4 15-20k is a s*** load of money for this early..
    But what do u think is more important 4 that, backs or fowards?

:-) thanx team! (soz bowt being a noob, i just need to catch up to my m8, so he doesnt absolutly smash me everytime..)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Hey!

ANd buying 5-10 players 4 15-20k is a s*** load of money for this early..
    But what do u think is more important 4 that, backs or fowards?

:-) thanx team! (soz bowt being a noob, i just need to catch up to my m8, so he doesnt absolutly smash me everytime..)

My opinion would be minimum one decent 2nd row (preferablly two), and one or two Backrow playees and then a decent OH and centre would be first calls.

then start looking at front row and SH, wingers etc.

and no worries about the questions as we were all new players at one point in time, everyone here will be helpful to you (apart from Orizio cause he's bitter we all beat him!:D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Hey!

PM me your squad (copy and paste) and team name and I will reply if you want to. Kind of like this......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Awil360

OMG, y is it 47000 words for half of my squad..
    Do i have to send like a hundred PM's!!!
    Whats easiest way to sort out that problem?
    :-)

Don't worry mananged to kinda sort it owt :-) sorry

Advertisement