Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRAT

Options
  • 08-08-2009 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

http://www.blackoutrugby.eu

I am not sure if others use this or not but it hasnt been referenced yet so I'll let you know what it is.

Download the software. I have been using it for some time now and is 100% safe.
    All you do then is import your squad, change the configuration to suit your needs, and it proves to be a very good tool.

It will show you which of your players plays best in what position.
    It keeps track of your players progress and pops.
    Also keeps track of all your youth squad members too.

You can also import your opponents squad and lineup and compare against yours.

It really takes a lot of the donkey work out of keeping stats and researching other teams.

It seems good for newbies and the more experienced alike.

Thank me later ! :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

This is such a cool tool! I've been having a good play about with this this morning. Thanks jp

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

Been playing with it for a while now, but has anyone else been getting an error when they try import a fixture?

Edit: Nevermind figured it out

Oisinjm wrote: »
    Been playing with it for a while now, but has anyone else been getting an error when they try import a fixture?

I think I'm missing sth when I import an away fixture... it's showing the other teams players and stats. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

When I first imported a fixture it asked which team I was. I had to say no to the away team and then yes to my own. Maybe you said yes to the opponent?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

Guys i cant seem to figure out how to work this thing?? Am i doing something wrong?

Ive signed up, did the full install but cant see where to import my squad??

• Advertisement

Possible stupid question coming up...do i need to install every update?

If you just clicked the first download link you shouldnt. When you open up the program check the bottom right and see if it says "Up to date". Also, I think it messes up sometimes if your using Internet Explorer. Works fine in firefox.

JohnButler wrote: »
    Possible stupid question coming up...do i need to install every update?

I did sth really stupid when I downloaded it. The pop up box wasn't big enough so I couldn't see the import button. You might have done the same thing as me.... if you have expand the size of the box. The import button should be on the bottom row under the Junior Squad icon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Ah for ****sake! If I had only have known of this before I made a bunch of illustrated player profiles for my squad, and invested in a whiteboard! FOCK! :pac:

Is it possible to have 2 different teams set up in this application? I have 2 Div 4 teams and would love to be able to put both in.... doesn't seem to let me, it will only overwrite one with the other. I've tried to uninstall the app but when I reinstall it it holds the previous data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

yes it is.

just add another database for your 2nd team.

Be careful that you import stats to the correct database though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Is it possible to have 2 different teams set up in this application? I have 2 Div 4 teams and would love to be able to put both in.... doesn't seem to let me, it will only overwrite one with the other. I've tried to uninstall the app but when I reinstall it it holds the previous data.

That's frowned upon is it not? Though seems to be quite common around these parts :rolleyes:

That's frowned upon is it not? Though seems to be quite common around these parts :rolleyes:

They are in different leagues and only have one in the Boards cup so I reckon it's ok. No chance of playing against each other this year but if they both win promotion it could happen next year.... wonder where my loyalties will lie then.

I also support Munster and Ulster lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

I like the software I just couldn't be arsed putting in all the reports etc.

Ive been using it solidly now for the last two weeks. I think it really helps pick your team etc. The uploading reports literally takes about 2 minutes so its grand like:D

I'm noy sure about its position picking feature. Some players are put very high in positions that don'y really suit them

I cant get it to work!

Whats the prob?

Dunno mate. Ive registered and all, go to log in and theres nothing there. No links or anything, just updates. Ive tried it in firefox aswell but same thing. Ah im not to pushed anyways.

My selection policies are working for now! Need to work on my front row though.

Try going ctrl+alt+delete then exit out of it and then go back into it again

• Advertisement

Tried that Jeff but no joy. Perhaps my computer is a bit mentally challenged? Or fear of fears comes true and its me who is mentally challenged!

Ah well, I don't know then. Try the BRAT thread in the global clubroom

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Does anybody still use this? I only stumbled upon it now, doesn't seem to have been updated in awhile (i.e. since "stars" assesment came in in the match report)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

crisco10 wrote: »
    Does anybody still use this? I only stumbled upon it now, doesn't seem to have been updated in awhile (i.e. since "stars" assesment came in in the match report)
    I use it a bit, but not much of it works at this stage. Oldbie had planned to release a new version when the API was ready, but it has been ready for quite a while and he's been very quiet.

I'm considering doing an online implementation myself at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

I used it a lot before the reoprters summary changed. I found it was helpful enough when trying to decide where to play a player when I was starting off and didn't have much of a clue.

I now only use it to keep track of pops now. I could use an excel file for the same thing put was using this for it before it was out of date and kept it for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

You can see what the associated nerdy talk will do to Fewcifur if you do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Drool....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

:D me likey this option!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

mar-z wrote: »
    You can see what the associated nerdy talk will do to Fewcifur if you do ;)

I'm already there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Awil360

Hey..
    Um I was just wondering how exactly the customization thing works on BRAT.
    And also maybe what other people use for their customization..

This is because i heard the default settings are not very good at all :-)

If you could help it would be great thanx..
    Ive just started, and i seem to be losing a lot, and its getting annoying :-(

Advertisement