Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring your own = Drink your own?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

usually when i head to sessions I bring my own beer. 99% of the time the rule is respected but as everyone gets even more p1ssed it is help yourself...almost always, everyone brings beer so, no-one loses out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

auditek923 wrote: »
    at my house parties we all chip in 25 euro a person, head up the north and fill the van with beer, buy stuff for a bbq,hire a one man ban

:eek:You were doing great till you mentioned that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Samson wrote: »
    ...... also several bottles of wine "for the house"....

I don't mind bringing some extra beers for people, but I refuse to supply the accommodation......:D

Can't believe you didn't say anything. What a wimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I've let out a roar at people nicking my drink, told them to **** right the hell off, especially as they hadn't brought any of their own.

IMO, if a party's BYOB, you bring your own. Bring as much as you think you'll need. And if your lucky enough that the host does provide more, happy days. But leave it till yopu've finished your own stash.

OP, you should have told your man to feck off and buy his own damn beer. And called him a tight bastard for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

OP, what happened was the same as the guy walking up and snogging your bird, and you just watched it happen....and again......and again. tut tut :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Doc wrote: »
    I was at a party last night and it was a bring your own drink thing. I bought some beer before I got there and arrived at the party. Everyone else had seemed to bring drink too be it wine, beer or spirits. So the party is well under way and I'm chatting with some people in the kitchen and I see a guy open the fridge and take out one of my beers (I know this because I was the only one who had brought this particular brand of beer). I didn't know the guy and I figured I had brought enough beer to spare one or two so didn't say anything. After that I saw the same guy drinking it again and at one stage taking one and giving another to a mate of his. I had brought more then enough to last me the night with a few to spare but not enough for 3 people so unsurprisingly before too long there was none left. A mate had brought a big bottle of vodka and some cola so I drank that with him the rest of the night.

Am I wrong in thinking that if you go to a party where its bring your own you drink your own as well? I mean I brought that because I like it and wanted to drink it not so that guy could have a cheap night on me. I dont know if Im just being uptight but I wouldn't take someone else's beer would you?

You absolute pussybag. You let some dude steal your bear for the whole night? The second ya saw him even look at one of your beers a swift kick to the head was in order.

Next time dude, don't forget your lightsaber!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'what the **** you doing with my beer'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Can't believe you didn't say anything!!

I think you need an assertivness class or something.

Yes in other countries it share although saying that my french friend never stole other peoples booze at any of my parties so.... probaly just an ass hole!

I hide mine, its better to have 12 warm beers than 2 cold ones imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭dingdong1

OP, I wish there was a person like you at every party..:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭RandomIrl

the worst..is when its byob..someone asks you what your drinking, you offer them a taste of it..and they proceed to down YOUR drink in front of you!!! then hand you back an empty glass..

i kid you not...

actually happened..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

MAn the same thing happened to me last weekend. At a house party. Brough 8 bottles. started drinking at 10pm. At11:30 I have 2 bottles left yet i've only had 3 beers myself! I was ****ing super annoyed

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Samson wrote: »

I was happy enough for a couple of other lads at the party to have a few bottles, given that they did bring their own supply but had simply run out, and actually had the manners to ask.

this is something i dont have an issue with. at a recent party I was feeling a bit under the weather and only brought 3 but onc ei had them i was flying and it was after the offies had closed so the other lads all gave me a beer each and it was fine. I've donated beer before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

I was a party man same thing happened. Thing was though a rake of spainish crettins were at it. I said it. And the dude brought two of his mates with him acting hard calling me "paddy". So I cracked him open with my forehead and broke his nose:) and asked him was it worth it? His friends stood back.

So much for numbers and intimidation. Thats what they do. They rob loads of shops in Kilkenny in groups during the day.

So don't like people trying to be hardmen at crap like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Christ, if someone touched my drink there would be harsh words.
    Possibly followed by a punch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I have drunk/drank other people's booze and they've drank mine :D

Equal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I usually spike the drinks with really strong laxative and just leave them and if you are cheeky enough to help yourself, then you are welcome to them laxative and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

madmac187 wrote: »
    So I cracked him open with my forehead and broke his nose:) and asked him was it worth it

:rolleyes:Good Man ! Are you proud of yourself for doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

OK, I don't drink beer (usually wine or spirits), and I'm damned glad I don't now! I've never seen a party where everyone is confined to what they brought, and never heard of "drink your own".

Advertisement