Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which characters story would you like to see develop?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Raedwald wrote: »
    Would love the see the back story of the sirius, james, lupin and wormtail with them at school and their eventual progression into the order and the simultaneous rise of Voldemort in the world.

Thats what I keep thinking everytime she mentions she might write another book.. It would be prefect, "The Mauders Series" !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Thats what I keep thinking everytime she mentions she might write another book.. It would be prefect, "The Mauders Series" !
    Marauders series, you mean? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Hermione* wrote: »
    Marauders series, you mean? ;)

OOPS. ;D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A new set of movies that aren't total rubbish would be nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Liam O wrote: »
    Eh, that doesn't really answer the OP's question!

Please post on-topic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Nathan Berburoc

i always thought Neville Longbottom would have made a great protagonist in his own novel, he really comes in to his own in Deathly Hallows and i was half thinking he might secretly be the "chosen one"

the bloke who plays him in the movies is actually a decent stage actor too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'd like to see a background of the minor characters. The teachers, other students, the other two schools, Dumbledore and Voldy's youth, the original OOTP and the Mauraders and such. And the deatheaters, why they went to the dark side.
    Basically everything that JK hasn't already been covered :o:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd like to know things like, are any of the teachers married? Where are their husbands/wives?

Ohh I had a question the other night and I've completely forgotten it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭sir snackbox

apparently JK Rowling is writting an 8th book. but this one will focus on Dudley. she said that Harry has had enough happen in his life and that the new book would focus on Dudleys and his son.... who... you gussed it, is a wizard and has to attend Hogwarts with harry and Rons kids (not the ones that had with each other :p).

http://inewp.com/?p=2601

its all there

i think it could be quite interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

This seems a bit suspicious since its on a publish your own news type site, and there's nothing about it on Leaky Cauldron or Mugglenet. I know JKR said before she has enough billions and gave the impression she wasnt delighted with the way it went with Warner (harry potter underwear etc), so basically said she wasnt writing any more books in the HP landscape unless it was a charity thing or whatever. She seemed to want to write a book under a pen name to prove that she could do something outside of HP.

Edit: er actually I see thats back in April, maybe there's an old news article on one of the sites somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Liam O wrote: »

A tv series would have been better IMO.
    :rolleyes:

As for future books, the Marauders series has actually got me so excited.
    If only it would happen.

Oh and on an unrelated note, Sirius was NOT hot enough in the movies.
    That truly disappointed me but then again all apart from DH disappointed me!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

To be honest I would take any character being developed further as long as it was written by J.K.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Perhaps more of a historical background, the founding of Hogwarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Manach wrote: »
    Perhaps more of a historical background, the founding of Hogwarts.

For a split second I thought, sure isn't there already a book about that? Then I remembered it's "Hogwarts: A History" and it doesn't actually exist outside of the HP books. :o

Rise of Voldemort would definitely be something I'd want to read, plus original OOTP but that would probably be incorporated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I'd love to see the story of Harry and Ginny be expanded on. Just to see how their future is dealt out, with the kids, etc. It'd be a very interesting read!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I'd love to see the story of Harry and Ginny be expanded on. Just to see how their future is dealt out, with the kids, etc. It'd be a very interesting read!

Tbh, Harry and Ginny always bored me, maybe it's just because I find the actress who plays her tortuously boring, but I never got excited that they were going to get together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Tbh, Harry and Ginny always bored me, maybe it's just because I find the actress who plays her tortuously boring, but I never got excited that they were going to get together.

Ah really? I loved them! Luna Lovegood is one character who'd probably be very interesting to read, but the story couldn't really go anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

A tv series would have been better IMO.
    :rolleyes:

As for future books, the Marauders series has actually got me so excited.
    If only it would happen.

Oh and on an unrelated note, Sirius was NOT hot enough in the movies.
    That truly disappointed me but then again all apart from DH disappointed me!

Gary Oldman wasn't hot enough?! Get outta town. The man's a prince.

On topic though, I'd say a bit of background on Voldemort would be a great movie. WB wouldn't even have to change the format of the other Harry Potter films: show his early life, growing up in the orphanage and the like. Something to really get inside his head. IMO Warner Brothers put too much of a silent-movie-villain spin on him. Had he a moustache, he'd have twirled it.

Same applies to a book/film about the Marauders. No major changes to the story arc at all and it'd be great to see just how much of a dick Harry's dad was in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I agree with the previous poster on Voldemort's back story getting devloped properly, as it was in the book. It's the least WB could do really, after leaving most of out of this crucial plot information in "The Half-Blood Prince" film to concentrate instead on Ron and Lavender's boring-ass relationship.

*grumble* *grumble* *hates "HBP"* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Wouldn't mind at all seeing this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'd love to know everyones back stories...

but I think a look back on hogwarts and all the minor characters we dont hear much about like the teachers would be great.I'd like to know what happens to hagrid too like does his life ever go past being a teacher and groundskeeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

I would love to see Hermione and Ron's story developed on as they get older, they are funny together! Also maybe a look at the Marauders in school would be good too!

Advertisement