Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which characters story would you like to see develop?

Options
  • 07-08-2009 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Considering that WB have the rights to the films they can continue milking the Harry Potter franchise for as long as its making money. I think Harry's story is complete and they may look to other character to continue with it. Which characters story would you like it to be?

I would like to see what exactly happens to the Malfoys or the Weasley twins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Love2love wrote: »
    or the Weasley twins.

well one of them is dead...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

That meant to say Weasley twin! Can't remember which one died and which got their ear cut off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Surely they only have rights to adapt the seven books and no more. I'm pretty sure Harry Potter, its' universe, characters etc etc still belongs to JK Rowling and nothing can happen without her say so.

However in the spirit of the thread, a look back on James, Sirius, Remus, Snape etc etc would be nice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I thought I read somewhere that WB have all the rights as JK signed them over. Not sure, must check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

I would like to find want happen to next generation. I'd love if Albus Potter got sorted in to Slythrien, Rose would be Griffindor and Scorpious too, and they fall in love . Weaslys and Malfoys together it show that all ides of blood status is gone .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭AndRoiD

i think it would be cool actually to see the story of Regulus Black and the process of him turning against voldermort.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Dunno if idlike t see if on film but id like to read jk's prequel to harry potter,
    the original order of the phoenix etc.

wonder how that turns out?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'd like to see a back story given to Voldemorts character development, think it would make an interesting film. Although this has been alluded to in the series, it was never really given the time it could have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fleeflyfloflum

I've always had an interest in more of the minor characters - McGonagall, Flitwick, Binns, Grey Lady etc. Finding out about them would be very interesting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Maybe a look back at Dumbledore's youth. His time at Hogwarts, his short friendship with Grindelwald in Godric's Hollow etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Nuigforce

luna lovegood- that irish wan is hot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

I'd like to see something about James, Sirius, Remus, Peter Pettigrew and Snape in school. Lupin and Sirius must have ahd a lot of stories they never told Harry about in the boks, would be interesting to see something there. Or the original Order of the Phoenix as well, be pretty interesting like. Most likely one to actually happen seems to be the one about the kids though, considering the end of the last book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

I'd like to read the chapters that were dropped from the books, on Rowling's site she comments on chapters she had to drop to make the books read better, like information on Dean Thomas and his Dad and Draco Malfoy's friendship with Theodore Nott, Mafalda (Ron's cousin).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

There's so much I'd love to see, but the original order and the Regalus Blaack story would be especially good. More Snape stories would also be good!

I remember reading somewhere that J.K. Rowling had a whole back story for Dean Thomas that she never managed to get into any of the books. A friend told me that Rowling has lots of information on the Potterverse that never made it into books that she plans to publish it when all the films have been released. I would love to get such a book!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yeah for me a prequel would be good, particularly 'The Rise of Voldermort'

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

Dobby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I'd like to read a book where she develops different characters, without going into too much detail, and have each one maybe 5 or 6 chapters long, and put several in the book.

e.g., Story of Dobby ( as mentioned above) would be prettuy short, but the story of Dobby, together with Voldemorts rise/dean thomas and whatever else she has written together might not be a bad thing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Charlie in Romania with all the dragons! :P
    Kreacher's story..
    Luna
    Neville
    Dean
    Anyone really lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Some as mentioned:
    The story of James and his friends at school.
    The development of Tom Riddle into Voldemort.

Ahhhh I can't just limit to that,I'd love to see so much more Potter :(

greetings wrote: »
    Some as mentioned:
    The story of James and his friends at school.
    The development of Tom Riddle into Voldemort.

Ahhhh I can't just limit to that,I'd love to see so much more Potter :(

Yes! I would love if she did a series on the mauders! Sirius and Lupin are my favourites! After Ron, Bellatrix, Hagrid and Hermione. She should really do it.. ah well theres always fanfic :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

zonEEE wrote: »
    well one of them is dead...

One of them dies?:eek::(

stooodent wrote: »
    One of them dies?:eek::(
    Fred dies in the Battle of Hogwarts.

Put it in spoilers!!!! Dont go ruining it for some people!!!!

Put it in spoilers!!!! Dont go ruining it for some people!!!!

I did put it in spoilers, checked it there didn't work! Ill try it again.. But most people know what happens at this stage I guess.

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    I did put it in spoilers, checked it there didn't work! Ill try it again.. But most people know what happens at this stage I guess.

most prob do . . .but there might be an odd one who only watches the films!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

most prob do . . .but there might be an odd one who only watches the films!!!
    I've always thought the films must be hard enough to follow, if you haven't read the books. Although that must be a small percentage of the film goers!

/mod mode
    RoRo Cullen, I edited your post to add spoiler tags. You need to place the text you wish to spoil within the two labels, i.e. SPOILER tag text to spoil SPOILER tag
    /mod mode

Hermione* wrote: »
    I've always thought the films msut be hard enough to follow, if you haven't read the books. Although that must be a small percentage of the film goers!

/mod mode
    RoRo Cullen, I edited your post to add spoiler tags. You need to place the text you wisdh to spoil within the two labels, i.e. SPOILER tag text to spoil SPOILER tag
    /mod mode

Yeah I know, for some reason it wouldn't work for me.

I agree with hermione . . must be impossible to follow without reading the books . .. .
    especially the horcruxes seeing as they left it out of the 6th film . . .

I agree with hermione . . must be impossible to follow without reading the books . .. .
    especially the horcruxes seeing as they left it out of the 6th film . . .

But they have a big bonus in doing DH in two parts! They'll be able to exaplain everything! FINALLY.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Would love the see the back story of the sirius, james, lupin and wormtail with them at school and their eventual progression into the order and the simultaneous rise of Voldemort in the world.

Advertisement