Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vegitarian Haribo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Fugly wrote: »
    Is it possible to get veggie jelly babies... *drools at memory* I'm totally craving them

Get these! frootyFruit.gif Well, jelly bears. Look similar. They are available in most Holland and Barretts. Was munching on them during the week. They are soft and not so chewy, as with the cola bottles...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

Get these! frootyFruit.gif Well, jelly bears. Look similar. They are available in most Holland and Barretts. Was munching on them during the week. They are soft and not so chewy, as with the cola bottles...

i do love these! but man theyre expensive! alicia always asks me to get them then realises she doesnt like them, so i get them ALL!! hehe!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Collie147

I'm gonna take a walk down there later and see if they do, its only 20min walk from me:D

Gotta say i love this page, all the sweety, sugary goodness that comes with long lost treasured favourites:D

Any Joy???

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Actually forgot to go yesterday so went today instead...found one place selling veggie friendly+halal jellies, called ShopEasi on Clanbrassil St. they are in behind the counter. None of them are Haribo, yet i did see plenty of Haribo packs of sweets/jellies for sale that were not free of gelatin:mad:

On another trip though i found those dairy free choc buttons in tesco:) they tsted yummy and only 49c a packet:D Amongst those were tesco own brand choc n nut cones, ice cream rolls, vegan friendly sorbet, dairy free choc spread, and vegan friendly fruit sticks:) I guess it was a productive trip overall lol! I even bought some peanut butter...\o/

Plenty of stuff for veggies and vegans in there now, so much stuff and so little money heh!

So, the hunt for Haribos in local Irish shops is truly on! It may take more time for them to filter in. I noticed a load of Haribo in the Tesco Bloomfields in Dun Laoghaire, but I didn't recognise any suitable ones. I wonder if there are both non-veggie and veggie versions available of the same titled product, cause I guess Tesco won't purposely get in the veggie ones...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Haribo vegetarian jelly beans available in superquinn...is tis the start

Wohhooo! Successful find at last! I've been keeping my eyes peeled but no luck yet.

Oh, I noticed a small shop near the ha'penny bridge in Dublin City centre, along the northside quays and it had a sign saying 'Halal' in the shop window. It looked like your average newsagent. Maybe they have packs of sweets like haribo? I didn't get a chance to go into the shop and am not often in the city centre. Maybe MoN might check? Or somebody else? If not I'll get back to it eventually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Washout wrote: »
    Haribo vegetarian jelly beans available in superquinn...is tis the start

If thats the case, Haribo Bagged Sweets, 175g, on promo in Superquinn atm, for a €1. Til 1st Sept.
    Just back from Superquinn, Ranelagh, but only the ones with gelatine in were left.

***edit*** Yup, Jelly Beans on the Superquinn promo pic for Haribo!

I found some vegetarian Haribo in the Holland and Barrett in the Square, Tallaght on Wednesday. I imagine the other H+B must stock them too.
    "Haribo Funny-Mix" and "Haribo Jelly Beans". €1.39 each. They aren't vegan though as they contain beeswax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Couldn't find any in tesco Maynooth the other day but did find tesco brand veggie jelly beans. They weren't really nice, alright as far as jelly beans go. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭actua11

I imagine the other H+B must stock them

H+B in Stephens green is well stocked up on them, so they must be available right across the chain :)

oh, thanks for letting us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Just bought a couple of packets of Haribo "Funny-Mix" in Aldi - 99c each!

http://www.haribo.com/planet/uk/promotion/2009_funnyMix/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Saw some veggie haribo in debenhams in Mahon point Cork today. :D
    Not sure if it's nationwide but if I'm back tomorrow I'll check out the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

taram wrote: »
    Nah, only nab them if someone else has a pack. Not even really meant to eat sugary things *tears*

And agree Tar, jellytots are sooo nice, can squash them into tiny chewy burgers nom nom. Jellybeans are a close second :)

I am amazingly happy that others do this too!!
    Lol, no sugary things? A poor life that would be. :)

Yes exactly, I love squishing em up into burger things haha. And jellybeans are nearly as good.

/strokes chin

yes, most excellent

And another person who makes jelly tots burgers!!

I don't like jelly beans, they taste funny...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Collie147

You can get them in Aldi sometimes and also found them in Holland and Barretts in Clare Hall SC, Coolock, think they're about 1.29. Think the Haribo are a starmix, but could be wrong about that. Only prob is the have Beeswax so they're not vegan

Oh and they also have Jelly Beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Haribo 'funny mix' in tesco today!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭snooleen

Funny mix is nasty! Jellies are jellies though :P Which tesco? I hate the texture of them but love the taste :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

snooleen wrote: »
    Funny mix is nasty! Jellies are jellies though :P Which tesco? I hate the texture of them but love the taste :D
    More than likely the one in Jervis Centre...but I'd say you could find them in Tesco Maynooth too! It is the largest one in Ireland:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Ye they were in Jervis, also saw a ton of haribo in topshop one day! Don't ask me if they were veggie, I got tired checking after 2 packets, I don't even like jellies really.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭filo87

Tescos in Wilton had loads of Funny Mix today!

Advertisement