Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worlds Strongest Man to enter MMA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

When it hits the ground Brocks strenght would be far superior as its functional strenght and technique, just been strong without technique will not hack it on the ground against someone like brock with knowledge of holding position while pounding your face, unless this dude knocked brock out quick then he's a gonner if this fight was to happen, also this would make MMA a real freak show and i for 1 would not like it.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mod edit-

Charter rule

8) No unfounded allegations against fighters, particularly in regard to steroid use. If you want to accuse them make sure you have a bulletproof source or you will be banned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Eh isn't Mark Henry the worlds strongest man :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thought it was Magnus Magnusson.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

jayteecork wrote: »
    Thought it was Magnus Magnusson.

Is that what he's doing to keep busy now he's finished mastermind? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

This guy is probably powerful enough to break bones simply by squeezing. Strong man comps test for steroids he was caught out in 2005 but passed every other time. In fairness hes trained karate since he was a kid and done amateur boxing for years so he does have some kind of MMA backround. If he gets some training in wrestling he would be a serious threat imagine his slams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Is that that Pudzisomethingorother chap?

I bet he could tap you with a headlock!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Pudzionowski is scarily strong, but I cant see him fighting. I have watched a lot of the strongman comps and he 'lumbers' (thats the only way of putting it I can think of), can see him having the movement for fighting.

In fairness hes trained karate since he was a kid and done amateur boxing for years so he does have some kind of MMA backround.

Boxing is great but not when your a big slow dude, he'll beat some eejits with his strenght till he fights a real MMA fighter

even the likes of a finished tim sylvia would torturer him to be straight with ya, Your overestimating lifting strenghts benefit in fighting.

Brock does not win purely based on strenght, his wrestling ability is key to using this strenght and this level of wrestling takes many years to learn..

Is that what he's doing to keep busy now he's finished mastermind? :pac:

Magnus Ver Magnusson was who I was thinking!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Ver_Magnusson

• Advertisement

I am well aware Lesnar's world class wrestling and not his strength is what wins him the fights but I think when you are as powerfully strong as this guy is to say it wouldn't be an enourmous benefit in the octagon is just wrong. He is so powerful its pretty likely he would be able to get out of any submission. As for being big and slow no ones seen him box so we really don't know and hes the same weight as Lesnar who seems to be quick enough for a heavyweight. I really think your underestimating just how powerfully strong this guy is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUcXvwYOEXk&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I am well aware Lesnar's world class wrestling and not his strength is what wins him the fights but I think when you are as powerfully strong as this guy is to say it wouldn't be an enourmous benefit in the octagon is just wrong. He is so powerful its pretty likely he would be able to get out of any submission. As for being big and slow no ones seen him box so we really don't know and hes the same weight as Lesnar who seems to be quick enough for a heavyweight. I really think your underestimating just how powerfully strong this guy is....

Rear naked choke.... Lesnar is quick enough because he's always worked his explosiveness be it wrestling, wwe or american football. I really think your over estimating this guy.

. I really think your underestimating just how powerfully strong this guy is....

Yeah but he wont be fighting a plane on a runway will he.

As for being big and slow no ones seen him box so we really don't know and hes the same weight as Lesnar who seems to be quick enough for a heavyweight

Lesnar is fast due to training to be fast at wrestling for many years, this lad is strong at doing lifting but that does not mean he will be fast at shooting for a takedown or a sprawl.

Going by your logic we should just fill MMA full of power lifters and all the MMA fighters might aswell retire, maybe move over to power lifing as there may be a void to be filled in over there.

If he's able to channel that sort of power in a decent punch he could literally kill someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

MMA is a skill sport. I have been tapped out by people 30kg lighter than me, and have tapped people 30kg heavier than me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

RugbyFanatic's logic seems to be straight out of 1993.

People with Pudzianowski's background unlikely train extensively for cardio. Someone with that amount of mass on them would gass VERY early in a fight.

jayteecork wrote: »
    If he's able to channel that sort of power in a decent punch he could literally kill someone.

Lets get 1 thing straight, if he was that devastating at boxing he would do boxing, i can guarantee you he would not have punch power like Tyson or Foreman who never killed anyone with 1 punch..

rovert wrote: »
    RugbyFanatic's logic seems to be straight out of 1993.

People with Pudzianowski's background unlikely extensively for cardio. Someone with that amount of mass on them would gass VERY early in a fight.

There is no need for everyone to be so condescending. The fact is this isn't simply a powerlifter but as I've already stated someone who has trained karate for decades and done boxing for years. He does have an MMA backround. As for gassing early if he can run around for 5mins carrying a 300kg rock I reckon he isn't that far off cardio wise

The fact is this isn't simply a powerlifter but as I've already stated someone who has trained karate for decades and done boxing for years. He does have an MMA backround.

Karate and Boxing does not give you an MMA background, it gives you 2 areas of MMA fighting but not an MMA background, he does not have an MMA background.

Rear naked choke.... Lesnar is quick enough because he's always worked his explosiveness be it wrestling, wwe or american football. I really think your over estimating this guy.

Are you seriously saying a world class powerlifter doesn't have explosiveness? He is likely to be far more explosive than Lesnar because of his backround

• Advertisement

There is no need for everyone to be so condescending. The fact is this isn't simply a powerlifter but as I've already stated someone who has trained karate for decades and done boxing for years. He does have an MMA backround. As for gassing early if he can run around for 5mins carrying a 300kg rock I reckon he isn't that far off cardio wise
    We're not being condecending we are arguing our point of view from experience. If the sport was all about brute strength then it'd be full of only body builders and powerlifters. Also the weights he carries aren't exactly hitting him back now are they?

Are you seriously saying a world class powerlifter doesn't have explosiveness? He is likely to be far more explosive than Lesnar because of his backround

he'd have an explosive squat, not an explosive wrestling shoot..

That's exactly what I'm saying. He can lift things up, how fast do you think he can shoot in?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

yeah but hows his Jits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

There is a great example of how skills can overcome power if you look at Dream 9 Super Hulk competition. Sapp has some skills and Minowa man gave up 150lbs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPnvSiOupX0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Geoff Capes would eat him for breakfast.

Also the weights he carries aren't exactly hitting him back now are they?

Like Chong Li says to Vam Damme in Bloodsport.

"Very good, but brick not hit BACK!"

cowzerp wrote: »
    Karate and Boxing does not give you an MMA background, it gives you 2 areas of MMA fighting but not an MMA background, he does not have an MMA background.

Yet Lesnar started with only wrestling. Theres no reason why at 32 he couldn't start training in wrestling and jiu jitsu like Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I'm NOT an MMA expert however Strong man competitions are much better at building functional strength than powerlifitng or body building etc. Your whole body gets stronger functionally due to unstable nature of a lot of the events - flipping a 300 kg tyre requires full body strength for example.

Its great that people have strong feelings about it but no one will know what he's like till he fights.
    (he could be like that useless massive ex football player who gets slapped around in K1, cant remember his name)

• Advertisement

I'm NOT an MMA expert however Strong man competitions are much better at building functional strength than powerlifitng or body building etc. Your whole body gets stronger functionally due to unstable nature of a lot of the events - flipping a 300 kg tyre requires full body strength for example.

Its great that people have strong feelings about it but no one will know what he's like till he fights.
    (he could be like that useless massive ex football player who gets slapped around in K1, cant remember his name)

Bob Sapp?
    It's always Bob Sapp.

Advertisement