Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i am loosing my hair

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Shave it all off, that's what I did.

I noticed a few years ago that my hair was thinning on top but I kind of would let it grow in an effort to hide it. Then I remember one night being out in Dublin and it was lashing rain and I got soaked. We ended up in Cafe WhataPain on Dawson St (don't judge me, I didn't want to go there but was overruled). Anyway I was in there and they had a big huge mirror behind the bar and I seen myself and all I could see was my scalp and what looked like rats tails hanging from it. I was horrified.

That was a Thursday night so I decided then that I was going to get the head shaved. So I naturally got all nervous about it, got up early on the Sat morning and went straight to the barbers. Psyched myself up, sat down and said "number 2 all over". I think he asked me was I sure and I said "yep, do it". And I'm telling you, it was one of the most liberating feelings ever. I felt like I was casting off an old person, an old shell and becoming someone new.

The flip side is that a bottle of shampoo lasts you about 6 months, it takes about 5 seconds to dry your hair, literally. Just wipe it with the towel and its sorted. The downside is that your head can be a bit cold in the winter so I'd advise doing it now while the weather is still ok-ish and it gives you time to adjust.

I haven't regretted doing it and have received compliments from my friends reckoning that it looks much better and healthier. My mother hates it of course so it must be good :)

I have to admit I think I've received more attention from women as well since I shaved my head.

I don't shave it tight with a razor so it's bald. Just a number 2 blade when I went to the barbers the first time. After that I bought a set of clippers in Argos or some place and I just cut my own hair every 2 weeks or so now. So you're saving money on shampoo and trips to the barbers. It has to be done in these recessionary times!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Maybe you've just got too tall for it and out grown it

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

smashey wrote: »
    Embrace the comb-over.

Gees dont say that. when a gust of wind comes your left red faced :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PatB71

spraying_restrand.gif

Worried about going bald?Women pointing and sniggering at you?
    With my secret formula potion you too could enjoy a full head of flowing locks just send $99.99 and we`ll throw in not one but 2 bottles with free applicator,hurry while stocks last.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

call the A team .

I'm bald btw and it didn't do me any good ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

I love the cue ball look, but its so fecking cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I started loosing it at my temples slowly over the past 5 years.

When I shaved my long locks off its more obvious. I keep it at about 6 mil and it looks fine.

Is it just a myth or do women actually find balding men attractive ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

A barber once told me that if you are going to lose hair you will lose 85% of what you will lose between the ages of 25-35. So what you have left at 35 is what you will continue to have. Is this true?

Anyway I started getting a widows peak around 22 but all hair loss seems to have stopped now at 27. In fact, I don't think I have lost any in the last two years, if anything it might even look a little better. Anyone else experience something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I've heard that Propecia and other drugs will at least stop the fallout so be something soon rather than later.
    Yes, but it's that classic trade-off between taking DHT-suppressors and growing breasts.

Look...all the wimmins really want from a man is a nice smile, clean shirt and that you nod and go 'yes, that's right darling' intermittently when they talk at you.

Advertisement