Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever seen a fight......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Biggins wrote: »
    Take your pick...
    People being shot
    People been stabbed
    People being blown up
    Sometimes in cases, a combination of the above and other variations
    ...also other incidents home and abroad that I can't go into.
    Unless you're a soldier, drop the act. It's tiresome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Seen some pretty bad stuff in Limerick, but i prefer the halarious ones myself!!

Top of Cruises Street one night a scobe couple were having a fight, scobie girlfriend hits your man over the head with a plastic bag full of cans!! i nearly wet myself laughing!!

Another night up by the Glenthworth, scobie shoulders this nice respectable looking dude for no reason, proceeds with "have you got a f***in probem" etc.. your man tries to back away scobie comes after him and gets his ass handed to him with one of the sweetest punches i've ever seen..

EDIT: Nearly forgot the funniest, one 13 year old pikey girl throwing another 13year old pikey girl through a Prefab Window....... crazy stuff!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Cruises street 2 am, solo dude walking down the street eating chips, happy out. two tracksuit wearing scumbags walk toward him and hit him right in the face, chip eating lad laid out. scumbags laugh.

Scum bags stop laughing when they realise the 8 lads that were walking a hundred metres behind the solo lad are part of the same rugby team.

Hard beating of scumbags followed. Gardai had to save them..typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

John McClane...

Worst fight I've ever seen:
    On a Christmas Eve inside the Nakitomi Plaza in Los Angeles, Califonia, thirty people are held hostage by German terrorist... But the terrorists are unaware that an armed civilian is running around the building, taking the terrorists out. The civilian is Biggins of the NYPD, at the party with his wife. Without shoes, socks, or a regular shirt, and armed only with a Beretta 92F pistol and his brainpowr Biggins fights for his life against the terrorists in this high-octane action thriller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I somehow ended up in the middle of a row between two feuding traveler families in a pub one time

It was pure savagery, lads were dropping like flies and the barman got a stool upside the head

I was holding a pool cue at the time and thankfully nobody went for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Worst fight I've ever seen:
    On a Christmas Eve inside the Nakitomi Plaza in Los Angeles, Califonia, thirty people are held hostage by German terrorist... But the terrorists are unaware that an armed civilian is running around the building, taking the terrorists out. The civilian is Biggins of the NYPD, at the party with his wife. Without shoes, socks, or a regular shirt, and armed only with a Beretta 92F pistol and his brainpowr Biggins fights for his life against the terrorists in this high-octane action thriller.

Made a film based on that didn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

engrish? wrote: »
    Actually, there was one on Dame Street on Sunday afternoon, about two weeks back. It was hardcore. Tables and chairs flying from the foggy dew over to the other side of the road. Tables, chairs, bottles & glasses being used as weapons. They were mostly dressed in black, heard nothing of it afterwards.....

That was Citi Bar dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Saw a knack hitting a girl on the street in Cork one night near McDonalds, randomer (dressed respectably) lands out of nowhere with a kungfu kick into your mans nose and helps the girl up. Knack stumbles to his feet before roaring abuse at random guy who proceeds to drop him again with another kick in the head from a standing position. Girl proceeds to help up her knack friend and they stumble towards a wall, knack covered in blood. The randomer got a round of applause for his efforts.

Was in an early house in Ennis the morning after a stag party when a guy comes in and tasers a lad at the bar in the neck. Victim drops to the ground and attacker picks up a bar stool at belts him in the head with it before shouting "dont ever ride my wife again". It was comical, the victim was on the ground for about 5 minutes before getting up and finishing, yes finishing his pint and stumbling out the door. A classy establishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Seen a guy get his head smashed repeatedly against the side of a pavement. we tried to intervene but the scumbag's mate pulled a knife and tried to stab us. Eventually a paddy wagon came along and they pulled a legger. I was worried the guy who was having his head beaten would be brain damaged

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

SV wrote: »
    Made a film based on that didn't they?

Sorry... I've said too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

One of the worse things i have seen was a sucker shot as well, strange that. Some guy standing outside a club one night got completely bowled over with a hammer in the face. I mean one second, next second some guy appears and SMASH....right in the ****ing teeth and gone.

It was ****ing horrible. Turns out the guy had been accused of raping the other fella sister.....which was a total pack of lies it would turn out.

Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Yes, went to the Ultimate Fighting Championship when it was in town. Some good fights on the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Des wrote: »

Did you ever hear what happened with this, in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Knee deep in the mud of the Somme I was on my sixteenth birthday.

Granted, that was about 74 years after the battle of the Somme, but still, it was traumatic. I tripped and skinned my knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

davyjose wrote: »
    Did you ever hear what happened with this, in the end?

I went to Australia the following June, then in the November the guards contacted me, saying they needed me to give evidence in the court case in February.

I was on a year long visa, so I told them to pay for my flights, which they did. And for another fella who was in New Zealand.

When I arrived in Dublin after 24 hours traveling, they rang me and said the scumbags had since decided to plead guilty so they didn't, in fact, need me. So I took a two week break in Ireland to see family etc, and on my way back to the airport, we got a phone call to say my granny had died, so I stayed another week for the funeral, then went back to continue my travels.

They went to prison, but are probably out now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The worst fight i ever saw was down by a lake in Galway, i heard all this shouting and squaking, next thing i see what looked like a eastern european guy and a swan geting in a right tussle, there was fists and feathers flying everywhere, in the end the eastern european guy eat the head off the swan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

How come you never see broken bones, and unconsciousness in Hollywood movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
    Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
    I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Pity you never saw Harrison Ford coming at ya.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I somehow ended up in the middle of a row between two feuding traveler families in a pub one time

It was pure savagery, lads were dropping like flies and the barman got a stool upside the head

I was holding a pool cue at the time and thankfully nobody went for me

You usually can't have one without the other. Fancy sh1tting on the barman's head.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

engrish? wrote: »
    Actually, there was one on Dame Street on Sunday afternoon, about two weeks back. It was hardcore. Tables and chairs flying from the foggy dew over to the other side of the road. Tables, chairs, bottles & glasses being used as weapons. They were mostly dressed in black, heard nothing of it afterwards.....

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/sidcon/27-07-2009171342.jpg

Bohs and Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Des wrote: »
    They went to prison, but are probably out now.

Were the Victims ok?

That really was quite a sickening story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ENTER

Gore++

Violence++

Conceal excitement with moralistic homily++

RUN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

A soccer clubs end of season do in clare, one fight turned into 2 and then 4..... after 20 or so minutes it was the a whole town against a foorball club, was like something from a old sega mega drive beat'em up (streets of rage being a perfect example)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭D.U.M.B

I've seen a good few fights especially at the weekend due to the drink culture. Seen one wannabe Bruce Lee try and throw loads of karate moves and get knocked out in one punch by the most unlikeliest person you'd think would be a one hit wonder so to speak. He was small and thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

• Advertisement
Advertisement