Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 County photo

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭weepee

May I ask how posters names and addresses will be handled ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

weepee wrote: »
    May I ask how posters names and addresses will be handled ?

Read the updated rules on the first page

Tallon wrote: »
    Read the updated rules on the first page
    Gonna turn into a military operation this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I'll take my native Roscommon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

happy to do Louth if no locals pop up to claim it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

I'd say get the ball rolling now with people who have a single county to cover. Leave those who are willing to cover a few counties until the end, and hopefully we can get a person-per-county by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Roscommon if it's free...thanks

Should we do this in alphabetical order ?

[wait a minute, that would put me first] :(

gary82 wrote: »
    I'd say get the ball rolling now with people who have a single county to cover. Leave those who are willing to cover a few counties until the end, and hopefully we can get a person-per-county by then.

Theres no rush, and I want to make sure that we do have every county covered as I said before.
    Also, I might start this weekend with Charville. I think that might represent offaly pretty well :)

I would be very surprised if there is a county that doesnt have a poster based in it.

Maybe invite some regular poster from the unclaimed counties to participate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Waterford calling...........
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Given the amount of Waterford users on this forum I'm surprised its not taken.

/me looks at Trish for starters
    :p

If Trish does not take up, ............can I be considered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 t00116131

i'll take kerry if its still free thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

These are the counties left..just to make it handy

Armagh
    Cavan
    Derry
    Fermanagh
    Laois
    Longford
    Tyrone
    Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

ive a few ideas for when im doing dublin, but are we all thinking of nice flattering shots that will capture the beauty of our respective counties or are people thinking of other ideas also?? dont want to be the only one that shoots something that may be a little gritty when everyone elses photos are real pretty...

ive a few ideas for when im doing dublin, but are we all thinking of nice flattering shots that will capture the beauty of our respective counties or are people thinking of other ideas also?? dont want to be the only one that shoots something that may be a little gritty when everyone elses photos are real pretty...

Let me put it to you this way. If you take a picture that some else is taking then its not unique.

Make it your own, and take it your own (way)

whatever you decide is what you should take

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

I might start this weekend with Charville. I think that might represent offaly pretty well :)

you could then hand it over to one of us that'll be there for the week-end - that'd start the ball rolling!!

:)

Might take away from the whole mailing part of it! I'd like the camera to have to travell to everyone so to speak. but still not a bad idea :)

I remember a story on Radio Ulster.

Two sisters, one lived in Lifford, Co. Donegal, the other a mile away in Strabane, Co. Tyrone.

They were getting pretty old and didnt see each other that much anymore.

The sister in Strabane sent a Christmas card to the other in Lifford.

The card went from Strabane to Derry, then on to the main sorting office at Mallusk,
    outside Belfast.

From there, it ventured to the main sorting office in Dublin. From Dublin to journeyed to Letterkenny PO, and on to Lifford.

Three days to arrive a mile away. :)

Ok guys, just need a couple more confirmations so I can get this rolling!

I still need:

Armagh
    Cavan
    Derry
    Fermanagh
    Laois
    Tyrone

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

I'm in south Monaghan on the border with Cavan. So can do Cavan also if needs. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Such a great idea Tallon. Am gutted the Royal County is taken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clearly

I'll do Laois is noone else wants it?

kgpixels wrote: »
    I'm in south Monaghan on the border with Cavan. So can do Cavan also if needs. . .

I'll throw you down for cavan too, thanks
    Such a great idea Tallon. Am gutted the Royal County is taken :(

Thanks paddy, and sorry bout that :p
    clearly wrote: »
    I'll do Laois is noone else wants it?

I'll pop your name down for that too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 clearly

good stuff - now I don't claim to be a great photographer so if anyone else with more experience wants Laois feel free to pass it on, but would love the challenge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I can venture across the border and take on Derry as well - if you're stuck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭iamnothim

i gig a bit around the country and thus i'm travelling a lot and could probably take one of the remaining counties depending what I have coming up. Good few in cork over the next while and i always go through laois on my way there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 photo759

Whoooo there horse. I didn't know it was only for people from the county taking pics of the county. I am indeed from Dublin but I do keep a barge in W. Meath and indeed a lot of my photo are taken there as I'm there a lot. Loads of stuff on my Pix.ie is from there and of people from there. Surely that counts. I'm a H2'Omeless river dweller.
    And in Athlone too by the way. Birthed there about 6 months ago. Pop down for a cuppa sometime, I'll show you the camera!!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

photo759 wrote: »
    Whoooo there horse. I didn't know it was only for people from the county taking pics of the county. I am indeed from Dublin but I do keep a barge in W. Meath and indeed a lot of my photo are taken there as I'm there a lot. Loads of stuff on my Pix.ie is from there and of people from there. Surely that counts. I'm a H2'Omeless river dweller.
    And in Athlone too by the way. Birthed there about 6 months ago. Pop down for a cuppa sometime, I'll show you the camera!!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

photo759 wrote: »
    humberklog wrote: »

What seems to be going on here? is that you HK? have you had a few drinks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

What seems to be going on here? is that you HK? have you had a few drinks?

My first thought too:D (Sorry HK)
    Seeing that photo759 is a new member could be as well that he/she wanted to quote and add something and it didn't work...??:confused:

Advertisement