Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What caused the big bang

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

Jako8 wrote: »
    I'm not going to theorize about what cause the big bang but I will say this;

We all have some grasp of logic. Logic tells us that something must have happened to have caused the universe. Then we come to another question; what was this something? This has stumped mankind since the creation of the Big Bang theory but this question is exploited by religious people.

They always say, "Well it was obviously God who caused it" and then they revel in their fantastic proof of God. However they neglect the next question that is raised after that statement.

OK so if God was the cause of the big bang answer the following...

What caused god?

To that line of reasoning, a good reply is "If you can believe that god has always existed or just came into existence, why can you not apply that same logic to the universe? And why not just cut god out of the equation?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

To that line of reasoning, a good reply is "If you can believe that god has always existed or just came into existence, why can you not apply that same logic to the universe? And why not just cut god out of the equation?"

Sagan again, n'est ce pas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Jeff Albertson

Seen an interesting clip which i thought explained what happened at the big bang in a very straightforward way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyL1m0I3IN4

Advertisement