Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The World has become a little sadder..."

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

ynotdu wrote: »
    She is dead.
    does it matter what a working class uneducated girl done outside of the *media spotlight*
    why not just leave her to R.I.P(and if there is a creator,let her answer to that entity?)

some people are easy to pick on,ar,nt they?

I never understand people defending celebrities like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Defending who?:confused:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Im sad now:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

If the entire world is sad now, how did it feel after challenger or Munich or god forbid, a world war? Everything in perspective, please!
    Indeed, if the world is sad now after just one man , wait until the it finds out about the thousands of other people who've died before their time so far today... whether from AIDS, Cancer, car crashes, malnutrition, war, I don't think it'll be able to go on...

It might be cheered up by all the people who've been born today.. even more so when it considers one or two of these might be future z-list celebrities!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

seanybiker wrote: »
    Thought most of us laughed when Jade died?.

oh we did, and some of us got banned for less in the Pixar thread...joking in here is very complicated!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Liber8or wrote: »
    The title of this thread comes from an endless amount of commentators and pundits lately referring to people like Jade Goody, Michael Jackson and Sir Bobby Robson.

Bobby Robson - an icon for world soccer

Michael Jackson - an icon for world music (and possibly NAMBLA)

Jade Goody - emmmmmm,she got famous for flashing her box on television

Any reporter that mentions her in the same breath as Jackson or Robson needs a kick in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

They were some sad, sad days when some bastards kept killing Kenny.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bobby- Beat cancer 4 times

Jade- Lost first time around...she really was a failure of a human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sky News will always leave you despairing. Best to avoid it.
    Sad as Jade Goody's passing was it will be an altogether more tragic occasion when Kerry Katona chokes on a bag of Iceland prawns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Expresso Bongo

I remember the world (or at least Ireland) becoming a little happier when Charlie Haughy died. Good days indeed. I imagine the UK will have the same reaction when Maggie Thatcher snuffs it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Bobby Robson was a great man. Had the honour of meeting him before and he was a real gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ynotdu wrote: »
    Hoi You lot,
    Jade Goody being mourned was a bad thing for exactly what reason?

was she an inferior creature because she had the misfortune to be lacking education?or was it she was considered *not the brightest bulb in the shade*?

if so what a smug lot you are!

R.I.P Bobby,looks like Ireland needs gentle people like You were!

Lacking education... not the brightest..? lol

She was a deplorable, annoying and sickeningly ignorant cnut when she was alive

How is mourning someone like her to the extent that the media assumed people would, a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭kavoweb

Not Jade Goody again!!!!!!!!!!!! boo f**king hoo..... another cretinous 'celebrity' has disappeared from our screens just as quick as they emerged.... who gives a toss? anybody who lives solely for the glory of a 'papped' picture of their 'private' lives between the pages of a scummy rag wont be mourned by anybody with a purpose in life.... i refer only to z list wannabes or whatever the f**k you call them.....idiots!!!! Bobby Robson does not deserve his name to be spoken in the same breath as any of those cnuts.......:mad: RIP MR ROBSON.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Mr.Pong

It amuses me when newspapers say the world has become a little sadder when a celebrity dies when there set to make a mint out of idiots buying special commemorative editions of papers and such. I reckon there well pleased. sadder, my arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Dartz

Who gives a ****?

It's a depressing bloody world as it is. Now **** off and stop reminding us of that fact OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

I was defending the principle of showing some understanding, decency and humanity towards fellow human beings.

some postings here show such an out of touch lack of empathy they verge on psycopathic remarks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 another1

the world is just getting more ferosious - the sadness is for human beings...not many left...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I'm sure I saw a tabloid headline over the weekend that went something like:

Jade blasts Jack from beyond the grave.

Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and didn't confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

stovelid wrote: »
    I'm sure I saw a tabloid headline over the weekend that went something like:

Jade blasts Jack from beyond the grave.

Unfortunately, I was in a hurry and didn't confirm.

Yes I saw it too. Her mother really seems to have a talent for talking to her dearly departed daughter from beyond the grave. She should set up a business and begin doing seances and she could make a killing (pun intended). She really strikes me as a woman who has her head screwed on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭worded

We were not put here to suffer people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Keogg wrote: »
    I don't know who Bobby Robson is

Are you actually serious? He's one half of 'robson and jerome', the greatest pop duo of the 20th century.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdJllXDMbo0

He's the first guy on screen in this video, which represents just one of bobby robson's many groundbreaking contributions to popular music.

Advertisement