Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th Birthdays?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

soups05 wrote: »
    since mtv starting doing that silly ruddy show.

in the us its a big deal, over here it means nothing.

at 18 you can vote,drink etc.

at 16 you can do nothing. even flims are 15 or 18 not 16.

op, do very little cos its a birthday that means very little

You can drink in a pub, legally have sex, do the lottery, and leave education.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

at 16 you can do nothing. even flims are 15 or 18 not 16.

Films are rated 16 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Get your friends to write a list of things that they think you would like to do for your birthday and pick from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Invite your friends over and take a load of salvia. It's supposed to be mental stuff altogether,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

brummytom wrote: »

Sounds like an awesome day out, just make sure to double check those lotto numbers before you tell your headmaster to go fcuk himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Just have a drink kid. Then have another one. After that, have one for me. And don't even think of stopping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

This must be how americans feel when we tell them how we can do that at 18 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Reading this thread and seeing people say they are coming up to their 16ths and 21sts made me think I was getting old.

Then I saw the posts where people were telling brummie to get wasted on his 16th and I thought "ah c'mon, don't be saying that to the guy, he shouldn't be drinking like that at 16" and I realised I'm already old :(

I'm off for some horlicks and to watch a motion picture (they have talkies now!) before heading to bed, if I don't get my full 16 hours I'll be no good for tomorrow and I have to go get that bad hip checked and spend the afternoon skipping the queues at supermarkets and then talking inane nonsense with the checkout girl for half an hour.

Night you youngsters, enjoy your dreams of penny whistles and moon pies, and if you all behave maby we will take a trolley ride tomorrow and get some penny toffee

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I spent my 16/17/18th bday with my family as I dont see them too much. I told em all that that was to be their gift to me, just been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I spent my 16/17/18th bday with my family as I dont see them too much. I told em all that that was to be their gift to me, just been there.

Oh, we are really going to have to get used to you.:)

• Advertisement

Sounds like an awesome day out, just make sure to double check those lotto numbers before you tell your headmaster to go fcuk himself.

Headmistress :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Headmistress :p

That's prob what i'd say to her too if I'd just won the Lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

*meh*
    im turning 16 in a while too. Not bothered in the slightest. Just gonna go with the flow on the day. Whenever I try to plan something out, it always f*cks up anyways.
    :/
    Chillax :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

See the first minute in the below video clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

afaik you cant drink in a pub till your 18,unless you count soft drinks of course.

as to sex and education, your right. i think.

the lotto website states:

no ticket shall be sold to anyone under the age of eighteen years.

hmmm not sure why that bit came out in bold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

R_H_C_P wrote: »

Jaysus! You really need to sort your priorities :pac:

I can't even remember my 16th birthday. Or my 17th. Both were complete non events.
    My 18th was spent in a Chemistry lab.
    My 19th was overshadowed by my sister's graduation.

Wait, this thread is for me to moan about my life, right?

Oh well, at least I'm younger than orestes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Is 16 considered a big deal where OP is? If so it's probably not the best idea to ask on Boards, since it definitely isn't here.

Anyway you have 2 choices, knacker drinking or inviting a couple of people over to watch films or whatever. You could also combine the two, knacker drinking is more fun in a nice house with TV and internet anyway, though you can't really knacker drink unless you have access to a free house.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

So I'm 16th in a month.. what the fcuk do I do for it?!

I don't know what it's like over there, are 16ths a 'big deal', or the same as any other birthday? I'm not really the party type and have a very small number of friends (was discussion this with my mate.. I'm quite pleased that so many people hate me rather than just being nonchalant)

Anyway, what can I do?!

EDIT: Just realised it's gone midnight, it's less than a month now

I would do pretty much nothing OP. Maybe go to the cinema. You're not a spoiled American girl.

Are you?

afaik you cant drink in a pub till your 18,unless you count soft drinks of course.

as to sex and education, your right. i think.

the lotto website states:

no ticket shall be sold to anyone under the age of eighteen years.

hmmm not sure why that bit came out in bold.

"You must be 16 or over to play or claim a prize"
    http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/

As far as I know, from the age of 16 you can drink in a pub (-spirits) so long as they're bought by an adult... a stupid rule i know.

Sorry, I'm over in the UK for those who don't know. So 16's not a big deal over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

2 cans and spliffs in the woods on a school night.
    aaah memories.

Have a look for that Irish guys super sweet 16 on youtube. And then don't be a twat like him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Give Snyper a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Invite a few friends around for a sports day - you could play buckin bronco or the running of the jew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Drink some Whiskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

If its good it should end up like this

funny-pictures119.jpg

Drink some Whiskey.

:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Eiter knacker drink, go cinema, invite friends around OR get pissed, go to the cinema and bring your friends home and drink more.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 zGeek

eating is good for your vitality, you should do that. You'll be one step closer to being obese - em, no - proficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

You're only turning 16 no need to involve Alcohol blimey, it's the not the bloody bee all and end all! and your parents as you said wouldn't appreciate it! I didn't have my first drink till I was 17 1/2 lol.

Either have people over, food, xbox, movies, or go out to the cinema. For mine we went for dinner, bowling and a sleepover lol. Then again I'm a girl ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

My mates and I used to get pissed in the park for birthdays up to the age of 18 - always seemed to go down just fine.
    bleg wrote: »
    Invite your friends over and take a load of salvia. It's supposed to be mental stuff altogether,

That might be the most effective way of completely killing a party short of calling the gardaí (though in hindsight, that could have its moments).

• Advertisement

Vinta81 wrote: »
    You're only turning 16 no need to involve Alcohol blimey, it's the not the bloody bee all and end all! and your parents as you said wouldn't appreciate it! I didn't have my first drink till I was 17 1/2 lol.
    I'm past my first drink by now... trust Whiskey to be my first (besides 0% alcohol lager) :o
    For mine we went for dinner, bowling and a sleepover lol. Then again I'm a girl ha.
    I did that on saturday... thanks, I feel really masculine now :(

Advertisement