Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you spend alot of money on clothes?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to what some of you guys do with money you earn. After you pay bills etc and maaybe if you have spare money do you just go out and treat yourself to some new clothes or would you save it or do something else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

Before i was let go(spark) i used to go in to town and spend about 100-150 most weeks on clothes and runners but alas apparently bubbles burst:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No. I spent €25 on a pair of jeans once, that's the most I've ever paid for an article of clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i dont buy cloths.

Fiance cloths me...not in her cloths, she buys some for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Yeah, way too much... but there's nothing like the feel of a brand new, light blue Ralph Lauren shirt on your back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

No, I try and buy the cheapest clothes possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I tend to go out spend way too much with a big grin on my face and come home disgusted by what I've done :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I spend any spare money I have on clothes, shopping is great! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I haven't bought clothes in over a year, only women and idiots spend ridiculous amounts of money on clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Any auld tat will do for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

There is the problem "treat yourself".

Buy them, buy them cheap and buy them fake.

You feel great all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Nope, i'm not trying to impress anyone with my clothes, cheap and functional works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I buy nice clothes, but cheap nice clothes like Penney's. Or if Next/Burton/River Island have sales, which they normally do. Score!!

Other than that I wouldn't pay for example a ridiculous price like 100 for a pair of fricken jeans.

I'll buy the odd nice thing like a cardigan even if its a little pricey (35 euro to me is pricey)

other than that, my hard-earned cash goes on drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

is afterhours just made up of students of something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

is afterhours just made up of students of something?
    Tis that time of year,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Yes, yes i do.

OneArt wrote: »
    I buy nice clothes, but cheap nice clothes like Penney's. Or if Next/Burton/River Island have sales, which they normally do. Score!!

Other than that I wouldn't pay for example a ridiculous price like 100 for a pair of fricken jeans.

€100 for a pair of jeans is not ridiculous. when i was a busto student i didn't spend much money on clothes but then i copped on, and the difference between them and w/e you're buying in penny's or w/e is immense and certainly worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No. The most I've ever spent on jeans is €12.
    I spent €125 on a coat though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭esharknz

I buy my jeans in the outlet mall for between £5 and £20, mainly because they sell jeans that are a perfect fit for me there. These jeans will last in excess of a year. Tops from Dunnes/whatever I get given for birthdays/christmas.

So I don't spend a lot on clothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The last time I bought clothes I spent €350. I was given money for my birthday so I went out and bought new clothes which were badly needed.

On the rare occasion that I do venture into town to buy clothes I spend about €60 I'd say but I only buy clothes the odd time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

€100 for a pair of jeans is not ridiculous. when i was a busto student i didn't spend much money on clothes but then i copped on, and the difference between them and w/e you're buying in penny's or w/e is immense and certainly worth it.
    How so? I have a few pairs of jeans, had them all for years and I doubt they cost €100 when added up. What am I missing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

No. I spent €25 on a pair of jeans once, that's the most I've ever paid for an article of clothing.

Same.
    I think £30 for a shirt (NEXT) was the most I've spent on one thing.

Bought a nice top and jeans from Tesco yesterday - amazingly good quality for the price (around £16 together I think)... But Asda George FTW

How so? I have a few pairs of jeans, had them all for years and I doubt they cost €100 when added up. What am I missing?

comfort/fit/style/quality, if you ever get around to buying a decent pair you'll realise what you've been missing out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

No, not a hope. I HATE cloths shopping. It bored me, I just wanna get in and out. I have a huge surplus of casual shirts and I'd only need a formal one every now and then so I have about 4 which is grand. Have a surplus of pants and jeans atm too...life is good...
    Go clothes shopping, buy enough to keep you "in style" for the next year, and life is all good.

Addition: And if they go out of style, you get branded all individualistic and cool. Laziness is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Not at the moment because I haven't seen any really nice clothes in the shops for months and Im quite low on money.
    I used to spend most of my spare money on clothes but now Im more likely to spend it going out

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not really too much, most expensive thing I've had apart from suits is a jacket for 320e, but I won that playing golf. Spending wise, just buy some typical things like shirts/jeans etc, not too expensive like..

Haha some tight feckers in here no chance of the economy being stimulated:P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I only go into clothes shops out of necessity. I also have no sense of style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep, spend a decent bit. I like nice clothes, and in my experience, what I like tends to cost money. I buy cheaper stuff if I like it, but all too often it's not the case. Went to buy jeans last week, bought a €400 suit. I can not think of a good reason for me to have a suit.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I only go into clothes shops out of necessity. I also have no sense of style.

i seriously doubt that when you managed to pick such a lovely username haha:P:P

Ps:dont hurt me it was ment to tease;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yep, spend a decent bit. I like nice clothes, and in my experience, what I like tends to cost money. I buy cheaper stuff if I like it, but all too often it's not the case. Went to buy jeans last week, bought a €400 suit. I can not think of a good reason for me to have a suit.

I can't think of a good reason not to have a suit. Good suits are awesome. Comfortable, you can use them for loads of social things blah blah, and everybody looks awesome in a suit

Advertisement