Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post a pic of your bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭H_Lime

[/QUOTE]
    That is fcukin hilarious!!

You say 'fucking' a lot
    I call it "comma fcuking" tis harmless;) Have several friends who do it, usually increases with drink.
    Workshop fella on utube who hates delboy does it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

They are great fun to ride, I took out the demo model the other week and the torque is incredible, it is a bit disconcerting not having the noise but you get used to it pretty quickly.

That is the first one sold in Ireland afaik there was one or two imported privately but Franklin are the first to get the franchise over here.

The speed can catch you out though as without the noise you don't realise how fast your going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I really wanted to get a Super SOCO TC Max but it was proving a bit tricky.

Saw one in the flesh in Sweden recently. Tidy bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭drumm23

Picked up the auld veganmobile yesterday. No match for a big street bike but I do love gucci ****.

sW5e8oQ.jpg

Class! How much - if you don't mind revealing?
    And what's the insurance story like with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I suppose this could be done to sort the no engine noise issue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

drumm23 wrote: »
    Class! How much - if you don't mind revealing?
    And what's the insurance story like with them?

Insurance was no hassle, second bike so hard to tell what a straight up quote would look like. Carole Nash and Principal will insure them no bother.

The bikes are spendy enough, DS is starting at about 13k up to closer to 20k depending on what spec you want. I got the extended battery and charge tank so closer to the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

blade1 wrote: »
    I suppose this could be done to sort the no engine noise issue :pac:

:D:D:D...brilliant..starts off like a 2 stroke then turns into a Chevy v8...............

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

That is a helluva chuck of change for a 2nd bike m8, especially considering what your other bike is.

Well wear, I will give you a honk if I see you on the road coz I certainly wont hear you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Hadnt been out in nearly a week due to work, went out for a spin over the wicklow mountains just as the sun was setting...

Met a few lads absolutely hammering it going the other way madness on those roads with sheep wandering around all over the shop, stay safe lads

d6d2dacb-d8a6-4d78-a9f6-51568afba158.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

No photos yet as garden photos wouldn't do this bike justice.

The Ducati Hypermotard SP has arrived, she's absolutely stunning looking.

My son is coming over after work to pick it up then we're taking a ride so photos to come.

This is one of the sexiest bikes I've ever clapped eyes on!.

No photos yet as garden photos wouldn't do this bike justice.

The Ducati Hypermotard SP has arrived, she's absolutely stunning looking.

My son is coming over after work to pick it up then we're taking a ride so photos to come.

This is one of the sexiest bikes I've ever clapped eyes on!.

Will he give u a go on it?
    Will u be able to behave if he does? :pac:
    Was it Ted's you went with?
    How did you find them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Will he give u a go on it?
    Will u be able to behave if he does? :pac:
    Was it Ted's you went with?
    How did you find them?

Yup, had a go on it and kept it more or less civilized :D (but its bloody savage). It was kinda funny because I didn't act the sack on it in the industrial estate but wheelied by GS on the way home lol

Seriously on this thing I'd be like a bold child after eating a bucket of smarties.

He went with Ted's thanks. We'd highly recommend Ted's, can't remember the lads name (big friendly guy) kept in touch every bit of the way. Dropped the bike to my house then spend an age chatting about bikes :D Lovely guy

486998.jpg

486999.jpg

487000.jpg

We'd planned on taking a decent spin this evening but when we went out he found some things needed attention, ie the gear selector needed to be adjusted (the previous owner probably wore MX boots, to change gear required lifting your whole leg) and one of the mirrors wasn't right, just a minor adjustment but it required us coming home to mine to get the bike right for him.

The photos here don't do this justice, its a beautiful bike, a proper head turner.

A savage bike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭sonic85

That is a cracking looking bike! Would your son be able to post up a review of it after he's ridden it for a bit? I'm considering changing my bike next year and love the look of the Hypermotard. Would like to know what it's like to live with. Best of luck with her anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

sonic85 wrote: »
    That is a cracking looking bike! Would your son be able to post up a review of it after he's ridden it for a bit? I'm considering changing my bike next year and love the look of the Hypermotard. Would like to know what it's like to live with. Best of luck with her anyway!

You should buy this! Cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Lovely bike mak, I had one for the last 5 years. Definitely an attention grabber

• Registered Users Posts: 14,252 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

You should buy this! Cheap...

That's my one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Just picked this up form Belfast Harley Davidson today. Went in for one bike and bought 2 and maybe 3 !! :P

Anyway this is my Buell XB9S. It rides like it's on rails and goes faster than it should.

487131.jpg

487132.jpg

487133.jpg

D3V!L wrote: »
    Just picked this up form Belfast Harley Davidson today. Went in for one bike and bought 2 and maybe 3 !! :P

Anyway this is my Buell XB9S. It rides like it's on rails and goes faster than it should.

487131.jpg

487132.jpg

487133.jpg

Nice!!
    Looks clean,what year is it?
    There's a xb12r near me which I've rode and seems like a good bike.
    It's for sale with while.
    The buells seem to get overlooked a bit.

Nice!!
    Looks clean,what year is it?
    There's a xb12r near me which I've rode and seems like a good bike.
    It's for sale with while.
    The buells seem to get overlooked a bit.

It's a 2003, 13000 miles on it and I paid 3 grand.

It's fairly clean ,no rust or corrosion.

• Advertisement

It's a 2003, 13000 miles on it and I paid 3 grand.

It's fairly clean ,no rust or corrosion.

Well wear with it!

Here's a bit of useless info for you..
    Sept. 2003.
    My recent purchase and buell xb(the 12 though) featured in Two wheels only mag

IMG-20190803-203611.jpg

IMG-20190803-203727.jpg

IMG-20190716-105821.jpg

487131.jpg

487132.jpg

487133.jpg

Cracking bike mate..very overlooked bike imo...lose the HD keyring ..its embarassing.....:P

Well wear with it!

Here's a bit of useless info for you..
    Sept. 2003.
    My recent purchase and buell xb(the 12 though) featured in Two wheels only mag

IMG-20190803-203611.jpg

IMG-20190803-203727.jpg

IMG-20190716-105821.jpg

God Two Wheels Only that brings back memories! I used to buy that constantly in school dreaming about the bikes id love to own! Not much has changed!

sonic85 wrote: »
    God Two Wheels Only that brings back memories! I used to buy that constantly in school dreaming about the bikes id love to own! Not much has changed!

Jesus....you still in school..?....:D

lose the HD keyring ..its embarassing.....:P

But but ..... :(

Jesus....you still in school..?....:D

Ha! Wish I was lad - simpler times!

Just picked this up in Waterford today . Yes , I'm officially old but I don't care :D

487554.jpg

Oh and don't expect me to nod or wave at any of you anymore. :pac:

Just picked this up in Waterford today . Yes , I'm officially gay but I don't care :D

487554.jpg

Oh and don't expect me to nod or wave at any of you anymore. :pac:

FTFY.....:D

FTFY.....:D
    Very chromy and flamboyant, well wear!

• Advertisement

H_Lime wrote: »
    Very chromy and flamboyant, well wear!

I'm stripping the "Frumpy Glide" windshield, top box and mirrors off unless I'm touring. Basically have a liquid cooled Street Glide then.

Advertisement