Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know this man?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Alright so Im right up the top of Chile near the Atacama Desert and the Bolivian border. I stumble across a travel agents advertising sign outside their shop. On board is a random paddy made complete with his green Ireland top.

Lets play a game and harness the knowledge of AH and see how small Ireland is.

Anyone know him ? And does he know that he is the star of a travel agents advertising billboard ?

Mods- these pics are already in the public domain, albeit the Chilean one, but the public domain nonetheless.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

no but from my experience 99% of the backpackers in South America are Irish anyway so it's no surprise it's a paddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

He looks like Damien Duff I think:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

RATM wrote: »
    Alright so Im right up the top of Chile near the Atacama Desert and the Bolivian border. I stumble across a travel agents advertising sign outside their shop. On board is a random paddy made complete with his green Ireland top.

Lets play a game and harness the knowledge of AH and see how small Ireland is.

Anyone know him ? And does he know that he is the star of a travel agents advertising billboard ?

Mods- these pics are already in the public domain, albeit the Chilean one, but the public domain nonetheless.
    do you fancy him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Lemons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

do you fancy him?

Ah c'mon now, you know I've only got eyes for yore ma :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Where's Jigsaw when you need him?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Thats frank. How's he doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

He could be from anywhere , who's to say he's Irish at all ??

KTRIC wrote: »

duh... his t-shirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

duh... his t-shirt!

Just because I'm wearing my FCB shirt and lederhosen doesn't mean I'm German :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

RATM wrote: »
    Alright so Im right up the top of Chile near the Atacama Desert and the Bolivian border.

I'm so jealous. I was in South America last year. Bolivia is such a fun country. Make sure you do Potosi. You should both enter and leave La Paz via Route 36. Ask anyone in La Paz where it is and you'll understand. And do a Pampas tour out of Rurrenabaque if you can, they're amazing.

Now, for the actual purpose of your thread, no, I don't know him.

Oh and of course do the Salt Flats. Uyuni is a horrible town though, don't stay any longer than you absolutely have to.

Just because I'm wearing my FCB shirt and lederhosen doesn't mean I'm German :rolleyes:

hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Arktos.as.l

Don't let the t-shirt fool you. Its quite obvious from his throat sack that he is in fact a frog person. The Ireland t-shirt is a mere coincidence as green is the colour a frog person is most likely to wear. The op has no idea what hes started here:eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

As Ktric pointed out just because he's wearing an Ireland shirt doesn't mean he's irish. Also a photo which isn't blurred would be alot more helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

As long as he didn't wander into Columbia and loose head head or something..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Ireland is a small village in the O'Higgins region of Chile, quite near the coast. That chap is one of the O'Moak's of Main Street, I think his name is Raol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

A combination of the shirt, pasty colour and beginnings of a fine beer belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

His name is Jurgen from the Oberrad district of Frankfurt. Next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Lol, a gay jigsaw

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

+1 my local gets a massive influx of lads from liverpool & manchester at certain times of the year. I put it down to cheap ryanair flights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

OP reported for rac-ism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

Wah!

Ireland really is feckin tiny, I'm pretty sure i know that dude. Pic is blurry but it looks like my friends brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's probably a Swedish guy who posted insults in the Irish Economy forum, and "is a ****hole" has been photoshopped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

What do you plan to do to him once you hunt him down? Is sodomy legal there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

Are you sure it wasn't just your reflection in the window?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

OP, for gods sake look at the size of his head and the photchoppage around it.
    Guy probably never wore a pennys Ireland shirt in his life.
    That headshot could have been taken from an episode of crimecall for all we know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm so jealous. I was in South America last year. Bolivia is such a fun country. Make sure you do Potosi. You should both enter and leave La Paz via Route 36. Ask anyone in La Paz where it is and you'll understand. And do a Pampas tour out of Rurrenabaque if you can, they're amazing.

Now, for the actual purpose of your thread, no, I don't know him.

Oh and of course do the Salt Flats. Uyuni is a horrible town though, don't stay any longer than you absolutely have to.

Ah yeah I entered La Paz on Route 36 but it took me about a week to find the other end of the road to exit. Fun times.The San Pedro road at the prison is now closed so the 36'er is the only game in town.
    Potosi was cool for the miners market and mine tour- we bought ourselves some dynamite and went out into the mountains to go drinking and blow it up. Felt like right proper rednecks=)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think he's one of the Galvins from ballinjeepers, he would be a first cousin of Jack 'the greyhound' Molloy, he got married over in South America alright last year to Marie Doherty from Rockford Bridge,now she would be a daughter of Bridie 'red face' Doherty whos Grandfather Miles '1 leg' doherty had been to Soth America in 1920's fighting the Spanish, so no wonder the young fella got married over there, im sure he Galvinised the young Doherty one on the weeding night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

He is Mona Lisa's brother,Billy Lisa.

You can see the similarity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

duh... his t-shirt!

A guy in New York said to me once there that you he can always tell who the tourists are, they're the ones wearing the Yankee T shirts.

My point being, its quite possible that hes not Irish abd just a Kraut that bought one on his hols here.

Having said that, i believe that he is Irish due to the cabbage eating head on him

Advertisement