Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy men

Options
  • 02-08-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

Well yesterday myself and three friends of mine were sitting on a bench just in the community park as we normally do chatting away. This drunk fella came up shaking a large stick with nails sticking out of it at us. He starts going on about his plans to kill some fella as we got up to leave he raises the stick and says "I'll kill you too" Got pretty freaked out and ran towards the guards station. So anyways two squad cars go down take the fella away and tell us to go down and make a statement about it the following day.
    So I was just wondering has anyone else had an experience with some mad fella like this and how did they handle it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Crazy MEN or Crazy Man?

Don't tar us all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A stick with a nail in it. Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

They'll make bigger boards and bigger nails, and soon, they will make a board with a nail so big, it will destroy them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

dsmythy wrote: »
    A stick with a nail in it. Classic!

I've got lots of wood and nails, i see a market opportunity here.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Was walking back from primary school once and this big fella walks behind us. Mom took a look at him and grabbed her handbag, because she 'didn't like the look of him'. I looked at her like she was an idiot. Literally a few seconds later, half a dozen marked police cars and around 5 unmarked screech along the road to a halt and (honestly) dozens of coppers jumped out and leapt at this bloke behind, pushing us out the way.

So he was probably a bit crazy.

Haven't had anyone threaten to kill me though - well, none that I think would actually do it :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

Where's Grandad?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Ah now I'm not tarring no-one just men like him
    The sad thing is he seemed to have a dog with him but when he was taken away it just sat there wondering what to do with himself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I had a very similar experience a yours OP.

To cut a long story short, I went and got a bigger stick with bigger nails and went back and beat him with it. That investigation lasted for weeks but without a body there never was a case.

Quazzie wrote: »
    I had a very similar experience a yours OP.

To cut a long story short, I went and got a bigger stick with bigger nails and went back and beat him with it. That investigation lasted for weeks but without a body there never was a case.

How can we believe you if you didn't record it for youtube? :confused:

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

The Citizen must be on holidays.
    Either that or he's stuck in a phone box somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I've met some seriously whacked out people in my time, and I mean SERIOUSLY whacked out.
    I've met some right nutters that were indoctrinated into a cult that were so far gone - that if they were standing outside in daylight and was told it was day time, they were so brainwashed into thinking that everyone outside their cult lies, they'd convince themselves it was actually dark!

I've met face to face, some religious fundamentalists in foreign countries up close that think everything outside their religion is pure unadulterated evil and should be wiped from the face of the earth. They saw it in their eyes that it was their god given role to do it too!

Depressingly at home too i have met some right nutters that deserve to be locked up for the rest of their days - and they are walking the streets legally.

There is no explaining the way things work or pan out sometimes.
    All you can do is keep your head down and duck the bullets as they come!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I was in Kerry recently, we'd just bought a few Body Boards and this crazy old man said to us *dons kerry accent* 'Is that Bread? Are you making a sandwich?!'

Pretty crazy.

Biggins wrote: »
    There is no explaining the way things work or pan out sometimes.
    All you can do is keep your head down and duck the bullets as they come!
    Too right this guy actually went up to some woman with a buggy :eek:

M&S* wrote: »

He had a buggy as well? :eek::eek:

galwayrush wrote: »

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

galwayrush wrote: »
    LOL - Your in fine form today - on a roll. :pac:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

So the lady drove faster, but the strange car kept banging into her from behind... So she swerved off the road into the woods, and lost the other car. And then, she realized that the man in the other car wasn't trying to hurt her. No, he was trying to warn her... about the ax-wielding maniac hiding in her back seat!

And you know how I know?

Because... *I* was that maniac.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Berty wrote: »
    Crazy MEN or Crazy Man?

Don't tar us all. :mad:
    Ah, the importance of a vowel.

Ah, the importance of a vowel.
    You can't have women
    without men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I was in Kerry recently, we'd just bought a few Body Boards and this crazy old man said to us *dons kerry accent* 'Is that Bread? Are you making a sandwich?!'

Pretty crazy.

Don't tell me you've never had a bodyboard sambo?It's a Kerry delicacy, just like a hang sangitch just with more plastic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

You can't have women
    without men
    And you can't have men
    without women :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

So the lady drove faster, but the strange car kept banging into her from behind... So she swerved off the road into the woods, and lost the other car. And then, she realized that the man in the other car wasn't trying to hurt her. No, he was trying to warn her... about the ax-wielding maniac hiding in her back seat!

And you know how I know?

Because... *I* was that maniac.

Urban Legends yeah? :cool:

I had a guy run at me with a big stick saying he'd kill me ended up taken my phone instead. Wasn't happy but it could have been worse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Well yesterday myself and three friends of mine were sitting on a bench just in the community park as we normally do chatting away. This drunk fella came up shaking a large stick with nails sticking out of it at us. He starts going on about his plans to kill some fella as we got up to leave he raises the stick and says "I'll kill you too" Got pretty freaked out and ran towards the guards station. So anyways two squad cars go down take the fella away and tell us to go down and make a statement about it the following day.
    So I was just wondering has anyone else had an experience with some mad fella like this and how did they handle it?

YOU bloody gangs of Yobs hanging around benches in parks intimidating old folks and young kids .You deserve to be killed ya feckers!.

YOU bloody gangs of Yobs hanging around benches in parks intimidating old folks and young kids .You deserve to be killed ya feckers!.
    How dare you say that me and my law abiding friends were out on a glorious day which doesn't come around too often when someone who was clearly in the wrong stumbled along our path causing a scene, threatening and carrying a weapon? well if you say so we were the baddies in this one I'll hand myself in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭CZ 453

How dare you say that me and my law abiding friends were out on a glorious day which doesn't come around too often when someone who was clearly in the wrong stumbled along our path causing a scene, threatening and carrying a weapon? well if you say so we were the baddies in this one I'll hand myself in tomorrow

Was it Mo from the simpsons....He carries a stick with a nail in it.:D
    If he didnt hit you with it your fine and forget about it.

And you can't have men
    without women :)

Men

Oh look it is existing without the women. In fact women put the woah in men

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Happened to me, and I did what any sane person would do. I went onto the internet looking for advice. Unfortunately it brought me here.

I did also google "Crazy Women", but it returned 21,500,000 results from googles auto fill. None listed for men. So by the law of averages, that "man" may in fact have been an ugly lady. With a stick. With a nail in it.

If you'd given her some chocolate and a hug she probably would have been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

well if you say so we were the baddies in this one I'll hand myself in tomorrow

Good man yourself! , admitting your guilt is the first step on the road to redemption.For your honesty ,I can promise you a fair trial before we hang you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Did the buggy have a nail in it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

You sure he wasn't just saying "i'll kill u2".
    Bono can be a bit of a prick.

Plus i heard their recent gig was a bit lacklustre- probably just a pi$$ed off fan. :pac:

Advertisement