Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last one tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nutcracker was there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I guess the last section was kind of a protest about the budget cuts. Like trying to make an Aston Martin on a budget, it would be a bit pointless.

I was just watching the first series recently, and on the 2nd show, Jay Kay was the guest and said something very similar. They're looking at a picture of a Ferrari Enzo:
    Jay Kay: Coming soon to a highway near you...I've gotta have it.
    Clarkson: Why?
    Jay Kay: Why?
    Clarkson: It's not a pretty car.
    Jay Kay: It's a stunning looking thing.....you know why, cos there's gonna come a day when they won't make cars like that any more.
    Clarkson: Let's not even go there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

jay leno sucks, damn he's slow, the audience were stunned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

jay leno sucks, damn he's slow, the audience were stunned

He was driving a right hand drive car

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He was driving a left hand drive car
    Err, no he wasn't?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That was the problem. But he was still quicker than the Queen and thats all he was worried about!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I think they've taken their eye off the ball in terms of making an entertaining show and are instead trying to push what they can get away with. The Ford Fiesta review from last year where they were taking the mick out of the guy who wrote in (allegedly) and ended up with the beach assault was brilliant because it subverted everything, but from I what recall, it wasn't offensive or tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Obviously a sub-par episode (I was aghast that they were featuring a 'ute' in the opening segment).

I loved the the ending though...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

The scene where the guy shoots himself in the advert was taken out of the repeat today. I'd say complaints came in by the hundreds last night :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What time was the repeat on at?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Bond-007 wrote: »
    What time was the repeat on at?
    I watched it earlier at about 8 I think on BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

such a strange ending, it was so well shot though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

the car that earl drives in the my name is earl is the niciest looking car ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Dont think it's finished yet. My girlfriend recently applied for audience tickets for the autumn recording through the company she works for. We also got tickets for the live show this Nov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nah its already filming for next series, Belfast sewers will feature for a Italian Job chase recreation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

MYOB wrote: »
    Whats that music out over the end? Was in 28 Days Later too, I think...

Video response

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

the car that earl drives in the my name is earl is the niciest looking car ever.

Where the hell does this fit in, in this thread?

Advertisement