Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last one tonight

Options
  • 02-08-2009 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭

Now I'm sad. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Really? They seem to be getting shorter every season. :(

Aw well, back to boring Sunday Nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

WTF! I've only seen 4 episodes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

VW SCIROCCO!!!!!! WOOOOOO **** YEAH

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Am I reading too much into tonights episode or
    did they just imply that marketing heads are coke fiends?
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yup razorblunt, think they might've been implying that.

Can imagine some complaints about the
    suicide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

amacachi wrote: »
    Yup razorblunt, think they might've been implying that.

Can imagine some complaints about the
    suicide

Just doublechecking before I open my mouth down the pub later on!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

That
    funeral ad
    was just brilliant.

And the crow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,291 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whats that music out over the end? Was in 28 Days Later too, I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Recession has hit TG...........

Crappy episode - seemed they were just killing time....................
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

brian eno - an ending (ascent)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

In fairness, a rubbish episode, and poor end to the series. Where were all the cars???

Austrialin cars at start - rubbish
    VW Scirocco - claksons ads were class
    Cool wall - same s different d
    Siarpc - love him or hate him, leno has some sweet machines. Short & sweet
    V12 Vantage - o....k

Very little content in the show, this season has easily been the worst to date with the exception of the first episode, and the the dino one (last week).

• Registered Users Posts: 68,291 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Spunge wrote: »
    brian eno - an ending (ascent)

ack, I actually have that on CD and all and didn't recognise it! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭spuddy

homer90 wrote: »
    Recession has hit TG...........

Crappy episode - seemed they were just killing time....................
    :mad:

They were killing time
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/dec/29/top-gear-bbc-budget-cuts-jeremy-clarkson

You could tell that they just thought "Last episode...feck it!!!", and then just went off and did whatever the hell they wanted.

The last seg. was quite worrying though...it really did seem like...the end.:(

You could tell that they just thought "Last episode...feck it!!!", and then just went off and did whatever the hell they wanted.

What do you think Clarkson was getting at during that short....the end of high powered prestigious cars? The end of the Vantage? The end of Aston Martin? The end of Top Gear?? :eek:

EnterNow wrote: »
    What do you think Clarkson was getting at during that short....the end of high powered prestigious cars? The end of the Vantage? The end of Aston Martin? The end of Top Gear?? :eek:

Well the Transmission blog on the TG website says there will be a Series 14, and James did mention something about filming a few weeks back..

But who knows what could happen in the next few weeks. The lads all seem to be straying off to other projects, James especially...so it's only a matter of time really till they all move their separate ways...:(

But if, (and let's hope it's not), this is indeed the end of Top Gear...WHAT A WAY TO GO!!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

They really overdo the juvenile antics at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭spuddy

Top Gear will be back. Clarkson said during the episode that the Stig wouldn't be busy till November (when they'd be back).

Seems to me like TG are basically giving the BBC the two fingers for cutting the budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

That better not have been the end of top gear, I must be in that studio audience one day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well JK did mention about Schu driving for Ferrari again, and how it's convenient that today is the last show of the season with no more super-cars being stigged until November, so I think we're good for another season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

In the TG mag didn't he mention something about a crash while shooting but it hasn't been shown yet so didn't say anymore.
    Is this on next season or did I miss it? (Or is it one of those specials)

Well the Transmission blog on the TG website says there will be a Series 14, and James did mention something about filming a few weeks back..

But who knows what could happen in the next few weeks. The lads all seem to be straying off to other projects, James especially...so it's only a matter of time really till they all move their separate ways...:(

But if, (and let's hope it's not), this is indeed the end of Top Gear...WHAT A WAY TO GO!!!!!

I think they've always had little side projects, James May in particular has done a load of different things. The U2 spyplane thing was cool. If there is a season 14, then heres hoping the producers have seen some negative feedback, and allow the budget a bit more flexibility. I dont think the BBC can really afford to lose viewers of Top Gear (its the highest watched show on BBC2), so I hope they protect their little show a bit better.

Do you really see them going their seperate ways? I mean of course it will happen, in time. But look at their workload, a couple of weeks during the year, the perks of THAT job, the money....its just about the best job one could wish for :D I dont know, I think they will milk it as far as it goes.

Maybe a big hiatus for the show would do it good. Skip a season or something. Bring it back in all its glory when everyone is glad to see it back...

EnterNow wrote: »
    I think they will milk it as far as it goes

That's the thing...how much more can they get from it?

I do agree will the idea of skipping a season maybe. Just so thay can come back nice and fresh :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The advertising segment sounded alright in preview, but just went on. It was like a Michael Bay film. And the bits aimed to offend, they're overdoing that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I loved the "crow" in the funeral ad, and the suicide one too :D

Overall a very poor episode, though I was pleased when they stuck Richard in that cherry picker. Leave him there! I'm sick of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep, that was deffo the "hey honey we've already blown the budget" show. Nice to see Jay Leno even if that tale was as corny as an elephants eye is high.

The ad segment was lame as hell, luckily it had a neat pay off -
    Berlin to Warsaw in a tank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

mike65 wrote: »
    Berlin to Warsaw in a tank

Maybe it was just me but I saw that coming a mile off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

MYOB wrote: »
    Whats that music out over the end? Was in 28 Days Later too, I think...
    Nutcracker.

Actually it was "The Ending" by Brian Eno, from the album "Apollo"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement