Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get the mornig after pill asap being a bank holiday?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

people cant br trusted thats why

people will just be using it instead of condoms or other contraception

its not something that should be taken a the drop of a hat

the everywoman centre opens over the weekend

Oh I'm sure people would be stupid enough to abuse it, but if they had a system of recording anyone that takes it and making sure they weren't taking the piss it could be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Rabies wrote: »
    Can't believe its not sold over the counter here.

AFAIR There are some pretty serious side effects if it is taken incorrectly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well in fairness you're not supposed to stick it up your arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Yeah, remember folks it ain't a suppositry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Well in fairness you're not supposed to stick it up your arse.
    Well perhaps if more women were willing to take it up the ass there'd be less unwanted pregnancies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Where to get morning after advice............AH of course...........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

If you're stuck go into a pharmacy and ****ing beg them. They'll give it to you usually.

Most pharmacies are open but you won't get the 56 euro back if you're on DPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

snyper wrote: »
    and she sent me marching down to the hotel toilet to get condoms so i could finish the job.

Did you remember to put your cloths back on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Well perhaps if more women were willing to take it up the ass there'd be less unwanted pregnancies?

What a sh1tty thing to say.........:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Baggsies Godfather

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Baseless, scare-mongering nonsense.

yea.. your probably right.. Might i remind you however, no drug is absolutely "safe" and abuse of any drug has side effects
    How often can it be taken?
    Emergency contraception should only be used in an emergency. It is not suitable for regular use as other methods are more reliable over time. There are many forms of contraception you can use regularly and you should seek advice from your doctor on a method that would be suitable for you

http://www.thinkcontraception.ie/emergency.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Stee wrote: »
    Baggsies Godfather
    I call best man at the shotgun wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

snyper wrote: »
    yea.. your probably right.. Might i remind you however, no drug is absolutely "safe" and abuse of any drug has side effects

http://www.thinkcontraception.ie/emergency.asp

There is a gulf between regular use and ''taking it once or twice in your life'' for fear of dreadful side-effects. The MAP is the only drug I've heard people doling out such dire warnings about.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There is a gulf between regular use and ''taking it once or twice in your life'' for fear of dreadful side-effects. The MAP is the only drug I've heard people doling out such dire warnings about.

As long as it's safer than falling headlong down the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Wouldn't that be a lovely story for the kids though?

"Where did I come from mammy?"

"Well, I asked advice about condoms on the internet, and then it was the weekend and you know how that is..."

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'pulling out is 85% effective honey'

WHY WOULD YOU THINK THATS A GOOD PERCENTAGE :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

In NZ you can go to the chemist and pick one up. You're taken to a side room to have chat with the pharmacist and go over some health questions etc and its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

In NZ you can go to the chemist and pick one up. You're taken to a side room to have chat with the pharmacist and go over some health questions etc and its done.

I don't see why this can't happen in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Jay D wrote: »
    please as above? do hospitals provide prescriptions in the event of doctors and all being shut?

Is it a 72 hr window for pill to be effective?

If going up north or to any clinic Only She can collect the pill make sure she's with you and explain the situation. They will not give it out over the counter to a Man or any random woman. The two of you go in and get it, explain your situation. You will find the people are decent :)

and to all the smart arses... The day it happens to you, i bet you'll shíte yourself! What comes around an all that.....

GL OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

Its the Same in the UK, you just cant go in and order a stock pile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Go to your nearest A&E dept,by the time your seen you will probably be ready to drop(thats if you are preggers of course) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

awh what a great weekend, i was with this lass and...........wait, what is this thread about??

Advertisement