Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Church is to sue photographer over lewd otographs taken on Church property.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭I.J.

Rebelheart wrote: »
    You, I am sure, would not be happy if outsiders entered your home to wilfully disrespect you or your beliefs.

I don't invite strangers onto my property. I don't create the idea that my property is for everybody and welcome anybody to walk around.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

i'd say there are stiffey's in that graveyard that haven't been stiff for years:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

bronte wrote: »
    Pity a photographer didn't decide to take pics of the abuse of the last few years. Would there be such a problem then?

Yes, it's actually more appalling that that took place and I would consider it a desecration of the church that these things happened here. I don't think that that really needs saying.

Mind you, this is incredibly off topic because we are discussing about the Church of England, a province of the Anglican Communion, not the Catholic Church.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Silverfish wrote: »
    If there's nothing wrong with doing it, he could have asked permission to.
    The fact that he knew he'd probably be refused so did it without permission shows he knew all along there'd be some trouble, but did it anyway.

No sympathy for him.

And I'm not religious in any way shape or form, but I think I would be offended by some of those pictures if I was, they show a complete lack of respect. Just because you don't agree with someone's beliefs doesn't mean you can go out of your way to upset them.

Era, they're always on about that forgiveness sh*te, but when push comes to shove, they're willing to sue for the few bob.

And hey - At least they weren't underage...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Jakkass wrote: »
    Yes, it's actually more appalling that that took place and I would consider it a desecration of the church that these things happened here. I don't think that that really needs saying.

Mind you, this is incredibly off topic because we are discussing about the Church of England, a province of the Anglican Communion, not the Catholic Church.

Okay, what I meant to say was after years of churches preaching to me after being less than perfect themselves, I think that if this is the worst thing that happens on their grounds it'd be a good thing.
    :)

What happened to turn the other cheek Jakkass? :)

• Advertisement

A lot of bitter bitter people in this thread ready to attack the Church (be it RC or not) - it just doesn't seem to matter.

Point is, it's official, there are so many useless specimens in the world today and I refer to the "photographer" and the people who are happy to mock religion at any chance they can get. You need to grow up and find something in life that motivates you instead of lowering yourselves every chance you can get. There are good and bad people in the world, the church is not exempt from this fact. Look at the bigger picture, understand that there are both good and bad people in the world otherwise you look like an idiot.

A lot of bitter bitter people in this thread ready to attack the Church (be it RC or not) - it just doesn't seem to matter.

Point is, it's official, there are so many useless specimens in the world today and I refer to the "photographer" and the people who are happy to mock religion at any chance they can get. You need to grow up and find something in life that motivates you instead of lowering yourselves every chance you can get. There are good and bad people in the world, the church is not exempt from this fact. Look at the bigger picture, understand that there are both good and bad people in the world otherwise you look like an idiot.

They are bitter and angry because of what they've had to listen to for years.

Yes, there are good and bad people in the world, but the bad ones not belonging to a church don't preach and tell me how to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

legal action is the only "action" those priests will ever get, now they will have somthing to think about while saying mass

your one in pic number five (reading the bible) looks like she has a big pair of balls down there

They are bitter and angry because of what they've had to listen to for years.

What a braindead statement, they don't make you listen. You choose to do what you want to do.

It's your choice. Are you that easy to walk on in real life ?

What a braindead statement, they don't make you listen. You choose to do what you want to do.

It's your choice. Are you that easy to walk on in real life ?

Really? That's interesting!
    I didn't have much of a choice when the catholic adoption society that my folks adopted me from made them agree to bring me up catholic.
    Where was my choice there?
    Why ask 7 year olds to make communion?
    12 year olds to take a pledge and make confirmation?.
    They don't know what the fcuk they're doing.

• Advertisement

Really? That's interesting!
    I didn't have much of a choice when the catholic adoption society that my folks adopted me from made them agree to bring me up catholic.
    Where was my choice there?
    Why ask 7 year olds to make communion?
    12 year olds to take a pledge and make confirmation?.
    They don't know what the fcuk they're doing.

Aw boo hoo. You have the choice to leave when you are older don't you ?

Do you know what I say to that, fair play to the adoption society for taking you in to begin with to give your parents the option to adopt you. I know adopted people, my own siblings are adopted and have their own views on the Catholic Church and religion etc so I'm not buying that crap.

As I said before, get over the bitterness, get over the past and find something in life that motivates you instead of mocking the good people who exist within the Catholic church and any other religion out there.

Aw boo hoo. You have the choice to leave when you are older don't you ?

Do you know what I say to that, fair play to the adoption society for taking you in to begin with to give your parents the option to adopt you. I know adopted people, my own siblings are adopted and have their own views on the Catholic Church and religion etc so I'm not buying that crap.

As I said before, get over the bitterness, get over the past and find something in life that motivates you instead of mocking the good people who exist within the Catholic church and any other religion out there.

I want the time spent there in my youth back. I have found plenty of things I'm motivated by, thanks.

It'd be lovely if that church stopped taking advantage of innocent children who don't know any better.

Really mature post btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

mukki wrote: »
    legal action is the only "action" those priests will ever get, now they will have somthing to think about while saying mass

your one in pic number five (reading the bible) looks like she has a big pair of balls down there

where are these pics?Can only see the ones on the daily mail site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I want the time spent there in my youth back. I have found plenty of things I'm motivated by, thanks.

It'd be lovely if that church stopped taking advantage of innocent children who don't know any better.

Really mature post btw.

It's a Protestant church.

They've different views on christanity then Catholics. Less sin and guilt I believe.

It's a Protestant church.

They've different views on christanity then Catholics. Less sin and guilt I believe.

Yea that was in reply to TheEntrepreneur.
    Churches in general annoy me.

jackncoke wrote: »

You need to google the photographer, they're on his website.

You need to google the photographer, they're on his website.

Awesome,I for one am not offended by these pics :p

Really mature post btw.

Whine whine whine whine whine. Go talk to a counsellor then to reclaim your youth.

Great to see the dig at the church again, what part of "there are good and bad people" in the world do you not understand ?

You've explained yourself really well, bitter little boy. Grow up ffs.

Whine whine whine whine whine. Go talk to a counsellor then to reclaim your youth.

Great to see the dig at the church again, what part of "there are good and bad people" in the world do you not understand ?

You've explained yourself really well, bitter little boy. Grow up ffs.

Post reported for abuse.

Good man.

Lads,were talking about half naked ladies here...lets not argue

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sexy

I think the Priesty types who run the place have a right to be annoyed. Sure there is a pic of one of the young ones with her boobs out sitting in one of them water well things and she still has her boots on!

Disgrace IMO. Some nice shots though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

About time the churches started to fight back and sue for a change. :D

I didn't think this had been a major problem. Have the church been turning the other cheek to this type of thing for long?

Anyway, church or not, people shouldn't be using other's property for commercial gain without permission.

If they did this in my garden I'd be pissed off,. That said, if anyone wants to pay me to take lewd photos in my garden, please PM me.;)

It's amazing how much of a stigma there seems to be because it happened in a church. Surely it's either acceptable or not whether or not Christians practice in there. I can't help but feel that some people are being slightly prejudiced in their assessment of this.
    What happened to turn the other cheek Jakkass?

I'm discussing how wrong the act was itself, rather than the actual lawsuit. However, I do think that the authorities should have been at least consulted to let the people know that they did wrong instead of merely letting them get away with it, then it is up to the church and the congregation to decide whether or not the charges should be dropped.

There is also desecration of gravestones involved, and that's a rather personal thing and something that should never happen.

Again, I think you are being biased because this is a Christian community. I wonder if you'd feel the same if it happened in a Buddhist temple or a Jewish synagogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

It's amazing how much of a stigma there seems to be because it happened in a church. Surely it's either acceptable or not whether or not Christians practice in there. I can't help but feel that some people are being slightly prejudiced in their assessment of this.

There is a girl in a school girls uniform having apparent lesbian sex on an altar..
    Really.. they shouldn't do that without permission!

I'm discussing how wrong the act was itself, rather than the actual lawsuit. However, I do think that the authorities should have been at least consulted to let the people know that they did wrong instead of merely letting them get away with it, then it is up to the church and the congregation to decide whether or not the charges should be dropped.

There is also desecration of gravestones involved, and that's a rather personal thing and something that should never happen.

Again, I think you are being biased because this is a Christian community. I wonder if you'd feel the same if it happened in a Buddhist temple or a Jewish synagogue.

I'd feel the same, irrespective.
    Well.. if it was in Ian Paisleys church I might laugh.. a lot.. at first.

It's the insecurities of people (who more often than not think they are whole, complete, well rounded people but they aren't) shining through.

I mean let's face it, a lot of people here LOVE mocking the church and do so at any chance they get, that's not the actions of a respectable human being, it's more a case of "HAHA, the church that tries so hard to be perfect and preached to me for so long how God did this and God did that and now look, they have been molesting children for years - what a bunch of Pr*cks". It's as if people are desperate to get "one up" on the Catholic Church.

It really is beyond the pale. If these individuals were so intelligent to begin with, they would know, regardless of beliefs or personal theories that good and bad exists and always will exist in EVERY organisation around the world.

But more often than not, it's these same people who don't believe in God, or any religion who will suddenly start praying when a loved one is in a critical condition, or will happily get married in the confines of a Catholic church that they mocked so freely for so many years.

Does that sound like a strong individual to you ? Weak people do weak things.

jackncoke wrote: »

Type in the photographers name, and after it type photographer on Google. You'll find his website then. They are in a section "At Church".

TheEntrepreneur: People also cannot seem to grasp that the Catholic Church and the Anglican Communion are two different denominations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

benj wrote: »
    who cares??????????????????????
    the Church?

i dont support them, but i wouldnt be pleased if someone took nude pics in my garden without informing me. id want to know, and schedule the time off work...:)

I'd feel exactly the same :)

I'd feel exactly the same :)

I'm somewhat doubtful given you reasoning:
    bronte wrote:
    Okay, what I meant to say was after years of churches preaching to me after being less than perfect themselves, I think that if this is the worst thing that happens on their grounds it'd be a good thing.

This is bitter and twisted. Like I mean, if you have left the church why should it concern you? Christians have decided that they want to worship God, and follow the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, you have not. Why can't church grounds be respected as our place of worship? I mean why did this photographer choose a church over all other places he could have taken these pictures?

The fact that you consider this just desserts is just sick, and how you can regard it as a "good thing". Either this is right or wrong surely?

• Advertisement

I'm somewhat doubtful given you reasoning:

This is bitter and twisted. Like I mean, if you have left the church why should it concern you? Christians have decided that they want to worship God, and follow the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth, you have not. Why can't church grounds be respected as our place of worship? I mean why did this photographer choose a church over all other places he could have taken these pictures?

The fact that you consider this just desserts is just sick, and how you can regard it as a "good thing". Either this is right or wrong surely?

I'm somewhat doubtful about your claims that you'd feel the same about the likes of abortion/euthanasia/gay marriage irregardless of your religion.

Does someone who has been abused forget it the second it's over?

Advertisement