Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear Of Dying

Options
  • 31-07-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I was wondering is anyone else as bad as me. When I think if dying i start having panic attacks, i break out in a rash and my heart starts to beat really fast. I have to try to snap out of it. I try to start up a conversation or think of other things to take my mind off it.

Should i go to see someone about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

fear of dying is natural. I used to be afraid but im not now. dont see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

whats the point.?
    why fear the inevitable?
    sit back and enjoy the ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

(you should see someone), Totally

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

O dear lord... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

i fear the manner of my death, not death itself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Samanthawho

I just think, one day its all going to be over, i'm going to be gone! I'll never see the people I love again.

Havn't really taught about after life. I'm 50/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You sound the perfect candidate for some brainwashing..

Have you ever heard of scientology?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

I'm terrified of dying. However, death isn't as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Yes, you should.

I just think, one day its all going to be over, i'm going to be gone! I'll never see the people I love again.

Havn't really taught about after life. I'm 50/50

what do you mean your'e 50/50?

• Advertisement

I mean i'm sure if i believe in life after death. Maybe i will life again, but not with my family and friends

• Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

i'm going to be gone! I'll never see the people I love again.

You'll cease to exist

Missing the people you love is unlikely to come into it

But yeah, of course death is scary.. avoiding it everyday is the only thing that keeps us alive after all =p

I mean i'm sure if i believe in life after death. Maybe i will life again, but not with my family and friends

i think if your having panic attacks it's a bit extreme and maybe you should see someone. a hynotherapist ,possibly. i can pm you the website of a good one.

If there was such a thing, you wouldn't remember them anyway. Maybe I shouldnt have said that to you..

/gives OP paper bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy too young to be worried about that sort of thing. And then by the time I'm old I'll probably be looking forward to it.
    The way I see it now; I'm 21, if I think over all the things I've done, have happened etc. I still have all that multiplied by about 4... that's a lot of things. I'll prob be fed up with this place by that stage.

However no boards when I die... sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Oh my god, I know exactly how you feel. I start to get anxious and start breathing fast and getting generally panicky. I just can't imaging not existing, it seems too overbearing to me.
    I thought I was the only one who got so scared of it.

how old are you ,op?

wudangclan wrote: »
    i think if your having panic attacks it's a bit extreme and maybe you should see someone. a hynotherapist ,possibly. i can pm you the website of a good one.

Yes please do, i hate the way i feel when i think about it

Abigayle wrote: »
    If there was such a thing, you wouldn't remember them anyway.

true.
    it's unlikely we pack our egos in a little suitcase for transportation to the afterlife.

I'm 24. No kids, but sometimes i think i should start having kids becuase life is too short and i need to do everything so i can enjoy it longer. I always think like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,065 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm 24. No kids, but sometimes i think i should start having kids becuase life is too short and i need to do everything so i can enjoy it longer. I always think like that.

I want a kid too, we could go 50/50 on one

Uggh... fcuking evil midgets. Nothing can be that bad, get thy arse to a quack quick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I'm scared to death of dying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Just wondering, are you a religious person at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I'm scared to death of dying

Myself- i wouldn't go that far.
    I'd say it just scares the life outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Scared of dying is one thing ,it's what ( if anything ) that comes after the also worries many, which is probaly not one and the same thing I suppose but a double worry to some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The way I see it, life is short, you have to enjoy every second.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Hi, I was wondering is anyone else as bad as me. When I think if dying i start having panic attacks, i break out in a rash and my heart starts to beat really fast. I have to try to snap out of it. I try to start up a conversation or think of other things to take my mind off it.

it's not unusal to freak out about death, i think you'll find you're not alone. it is however a problem if it makes you panic a LOT or if it inhibits your day to day life, if that's the case then i'd say look into seeing a counsellor and talk it out with someone or go chat to your doctor (they're very understanding).

i used to have a lot of panic/anxiety problems but i pretty much am over all that now (i went to a psychotherapist for over a year & it really, really helped) so if you want to ask questions just send a PM :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

I hope to die peacefully in my sleep, like my Grandfather did.......not shouting & screaming, like his passengers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

WeeBushy wrote: »
    The way I see it now; I'm 21, if I think over all the things I've done, have happened etc. I still have all that multiplied by about 4... that's a lot of things. I'll prob be fed up with this place by that stage.

However no boards when I die... sh1t.

You're gonna lose your virginity 5 times between now and the time you die?

Advertisement