Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.T.E.A.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dumbblonde122

DK47 wrote: »
    hi dumbblonde122

you can get an application form here , check out here for more information , and If you are getting an unemployment payment, you should return your application form to your Social Welfare Local Office.hope this helps:)

Thanks a mill DK 47,

I am going into my fifth year of the course and only on JB for 9 months and don't think I'll get it but sure we'll give it a whirl anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Thanks a mill DK 47,

I am going into my fifth year of the course and only on JB for 9 months and don't think I'll get it but sure we'll give it a whirl anyway

i was on JB 9 months today , and i was approved, you have to be unemployed for a minimum of 9 months on the day your course starts not the day you apply, i would say go to social wefare office to day and they will clear it up for, they are very understanding. good luck with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I have had a terrible experience with Limerick BTEA
    Was phoned on 2nd Sept to say I'd been approved, went ahead and registered for college. Went to drop in my registration letter today only to be told I hadn't been successful. Showed the guy the call register on my phone to prove the phone call. He said it must have been "someone in on overtime" that mistakenly told me that.

I am so outraged. If I had gotten a straight no I could have coped but to be in a sense given it only for it to be shot down today is really upsetting :(

My degree is now in serious jeopardy, feel really really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dumbblonde122

Mud that is awful. I would be violent.

Can you not speak to someone more superior or complain the person that told you you were approved or go to a TD even? I wuld chase all avenues since you were given false information

Mud that is awful. I would be violent.

Can you not speak to someone more superior or complain the person that told you you were approved or go to a TD even? I wuld chase all avenues since you were given false information

Thanks,

I was so shocked today, there were tears but no tantrums, very much closed ranks once I started complaining. I can write a complaint if I want, thinking of approaching Labour as they seem decent enough.

Wish me luck!

If anyone else has any advice/similar experience I'd love to hear it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

Did they actually give ya a reason for not being successful? And does anyone know if the BTEA is approved/rejected on a merit basis, or is it just if youre on the dole for the correct qualifying period and do an approved course youre guaranteed to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

mud wrote: »
    Thanks,

I was so shocked today, there were tears but no tantrums, very much closed ranks once I started complaining. I can write a complaint if I want, thinking of approaching Labour as they seem decent enough.

Wish me luck!

If anyone else has any advice/similar experience I'd love to hear it.

thats total crap to be honest, see your local Fianna Fáil TD, have you see the Polls lately :eek:, they will be more eager to please then any one else :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

mud wrote: »
    I have had a terrible experience with Limerick BTEA
    Was phoned on 2nd Sept to say I'd been approved, went ahead and registered for college. Went to drop in my registration letter today only to be told I hadn't been successful. Showed the guy the call register on my phone to prove the phone call. He said it must have been "someone in on overtime" that mistakenly told me that.

I am so outraged. If I had gotten a straight no I could have coped but to be in a sense given it only for it to be shot down today is really upsetting :(

My degree is now in serious jeopardy, feel really really bad.

Why were you rejected?

as for my own situation, havent heard diddly squat from social welfare people and my application is in since july. all these ****ers demanding i buy this book or pay for that service and me not having two pennies to rub together.

I have been approved the grant but it is up to UL as to when it will be paid. While it sits in their account gathering interest here we are without a pot to piss in.

Why were you rejected?

The guy said I didn't have enough time on the dole. Said it was 12 months, I said I had applied under the special circumstances 9 month jobbie, he said I didn't have 9 months (I have 8 months and 3 weeks)

as for my own situation, havent heard diddly squat from social welfare people and my application is in since july. all these ****ers demanding i buy this book or pay for that service and me not having two pennies to rub together.

I hear ya, starting to feel the walls closing in at this stage

I have been approved the grant but it is up to UL as to when it will be paid. While it sits in their account gathering interest here we are without a pot to piss in.

I haven't got approval for that yet but am thinking positive as I was 10 grand UNDER the threshold for earnings.

Hope you get sorted squid face! Let me know anyway. I discussed my case with a td today so she's looking into it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I got my BTEA approval letter today, my claim had been in 3 weeks and i've only just hit 9 months on jobseekers, infact i would have been under 9 months on the day it was approved.

I just need to get an offical letter from UCD to say i'm attending before they'll release the payment.

This is in Wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭helpme23

Hey everyone.has anyone had any problems with try to get the btea.Today i went into enquire bout my claim and i was told i wouldnt be entitled.:mad:Thing is right that i am doin my second year of a futher education course and wit the change of the budget in may am eligable to receive the payment.I have been on jobseekers for over 78days 91 to be exact i am over 21 an actual mature student and since a further education college is only a second level i clearly quailify according to the btea eligability pages.The social welfare told me to go get a letter from college to say i am registerd and doin the course that i am starting.But they said it has to be a level 6 fetac course which it is .But the person said it has to be a level 6 advanced course .I dont know wat to do they have just put me in a bad situation has this happened anyone apart from me:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Just wondering if those of you here who have been approved for BTEA - have you received your E500 allowance for the start of the year yet?

How and when does this get paid?

Thanks guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Just wondering if those of you here who have been approved for BTEA - have you received your E500 allowance for the start of the year yet?

How and when does this get paid?

Thanks guys! :)

I got my letter from UCD (cert. of attendance) today and dropped it in to the welfare office. I didn't realise but they only needed that for the 500 allowance, they had paid the BTEA into my bank without it.

I'll report back when i hear anything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 _DoctorWho_

This is a weird one so any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! I'm on my second year (fetac 6) and am supposed to be on BTEA as I was last year. I got the "you have been approved" letter from the SW. Subsequently I changed address (from navan to dublin) a few weeks before the course started and notified my old and new welfare offices. Which included proof of address etc etc... So I jumped through all their hoops...

I even went in to my new local office a few weeks ago (off my own back) to hand in my proof that I'm a full time student as I noticed the description was still DSW-VOTE and not DSW-BTEA as it was last year on my internet banking statement. They said they are busy and don't worry they emailed my old office to get my details transferred to the dublin office etc etc. I was still getting the 204.30 so I was happy enough UNTIL a couple of days ago...

My last payment I received is 68.10euro!? So I went into my new office once again (Thursday) and she "..doesn't know.." and I have to go to Navan to sort it out. [They don't answer the phone, ever] So she rang the supervisor anyway and she told me after that because I registered for the BTEA at my old Navan office, that's where the details/transactions will remain. She proceeded to say '.. it doesn't matter if you change address ten times, that will always be where the BTEA details will reside..'

(.....wtf...)

Has anyone experienced this at all? Will it sort itself!? Do I need to spend the cash on a return ticket to Navan from Dublin probably just to be sent on a goose chase again!? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks all.

p.s tried faxing but no joy

Advertisement