Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swine Flu - Schools staying shut in Sept?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    WUHOO!!!! Less traffic on the roads!

gawd, I hate those QashQows blocking the road while they stop to let the kids out and have a quick chat with Doreen from the Parents Association through the window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

And its spreading fast. I know 3 people(adults) who have suspected symptoms who have never been abroad and caught it off people already in the country, doctors are refusing to see low risk people(the general populace) and will only see the high risk ones. Over the counter meds treat it.

Its like regular flu though, not even that. Regular flu will knock you out, this swine flu only affects you for a couple of days and is not even strong, its a wuss in comparison!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

gurramok wrote: »
    And its spreading fast. I know 3 people(adults) who have suspected symptoms who have never been abroad and caught it off people already in the country, doctors are refusing to see low risk people(the general populace) and will only see the high risk ones. Over the counter meds treat it.

Its like regular flu though, not even that. Regular flu will knock you out, this swine flu only affects you for a couple of days and is not even strong, its a wuss in comparison!! ;)

But its symptoms are the same as normal flu, so it's just as likely to be that.

Is anyone else sick to bloody high heaven of fcuking Swine Flu threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Yes, same symptoms, less effect. Normal flu will put you in bed for a few days, swine flu does not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Would actually be annoyed if it started late tbh. Would prefer to actually be working for sixth year. Bloody fear mongering is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

NOOO!

Put the brats back in daycare, I want to be able to get a coffee in peace again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

All you can do it stock up on non prescription meds and top up yourself with multivitamins, eat well and keep away from those you know have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

better to keep em shut vacinate the world then wait till 28 days later to be safe heheheheheh :D:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

More people will die on our roads between now and monday morning than will die from Swine Flu between now and the next month in Ireland, why don't they ban people from driving cars if they wan't to save a couple of lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

nellie1305 wrote: »
    I even heard that in the UK parents are having swine flu parties as the WANT their kids to catch it
    :eek: That's a bit harsh in fairness...

• Advertisement
Advertisement