Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometheus *SPOILERS FROM POST 1538*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Its actually quite obvious (particularly from the TV slot) that
    Prometheus rams the alien ship.

thats that ruined then :pac:

think I'm bowing out of this thread until June 1st when all will be revealed, theres should be another two dozen or so tv spots by then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

krudler wrote: »
    thats that ruined then :pac:

think I'm bowing out of this thread until June 1st when all will be revealed, theres should be another two dozen or so tv spots by then :pac:

Case in point that spoiler tags are entirely useless!

The thread should be spoiler tagged so you can't even view it unless you have the link.

If some of you guys really don't want to see spoilers, you really shouldn't be reading this thread!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Had to lol at this

maxell.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

I am just going to leave this here:

prometheus_int_imax-640x945.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,150 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sweet poster, although it's not the kind of poster i'd expect of a film in the Alien franchise.

• Advertisement

Bit too much going on in that poster.

Should be plain black, with just the logo and some text.

Maybe a lense flare or star in the distance and nothing else.

Actually I liked the first poster with Rapace and the humanoid statue thing. very 'Alien'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    I am just going to leave this here:

prometheus_int_imax-640x945.jpg

Safe to assume Prometheus and the alien ship get destroyed..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Mickeroo wrote: »
    it's not the kind of poster i'd expect of a film in the Alien franchise.

Well that's great, that's just ****in' great, man. Now what the fúck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty sh1t now man...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Maybe we could build a fire, sing some songs?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,460 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Well that's great, that's just ****in' great, man. Now what the fúck are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty sh1t now man...

I believe the correct phrase is "Game over man".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

id love to see a good aul shower scene like the one in starship troopers where you see a lot if t*ts and ass.

mmmmm charlize's bum bum

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

YOU'RE ALL RUINING EVERYTHING! STOP IT!

YOU'RE ALL RUINING EVERYTHING! STOP IT!

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cutty9 wrote: »
    <snip>

You should put a bloody spoilertag on things like this. I assumed it was gonna be a poster or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Alright, enough with the spoilers please everyone. The film is out in a little over a week. Have some consideration for the people who don't want to know everything in advance.

a new clip from the Tonight Show with Jay Leno of David and Vickers.

spoiler : http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1127

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I finally sat down at the weekend and watched Alien + Aliens for the first time after years of meaning to do it.

I cant wait to see this now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

cutty9 wrote: »
    a new clip from the Tonight Show with Jay Leno of David and Vickers.

spoiler : http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/1127

Why am I afraid to click on your links Cutty? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Arciphel

This one is very funny, it's called
    "can you guess the plot of Prometheus from all the trailers"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9cDyJXhZ4k&feature=player_embedded#!

• Advertisement

Alright, enough with the spoilers please everyone. The film is out in a little over a week. Have some consideration for the people who don't want to know everything in advance.

Have some consideration that the eejits are reading a thread on the film.

This thread is like a top shelf mag - if you don't want to see what's in it, dont read it.

Going around snipping peoples posts isn't really fair on the folks that do want to discuss it.

Why not just edit the title with **spoilers inside - beware** or something?

Not trying to argue with you or anything, but when I saw all the posts snipped I was thinking that people that don't want to see spoilers, really shouldn't be reading the thread...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How are they eejits? There's no spoiler warning in the thread title, so they have no reason to expect major spoilers in here. People should be able to discuss the film without having major details spoiled or being afraid to click on a link. And when the film is released they should be able to come in here and read the early reactions without worrying about being spoiled. There's been quite enough spoiler discussion in here already. But we're getting to stage now where the marketing is holding nothing back and people are snapping pics during advance screenings, etc.

We will add a spoiler warning to the thread title when the film is out a week or so (maybe sooner), but in the meantime I want this thread to be as spoiler-free as possible.

<snip>

oops spoiler

cutty9 banned for a month.

How are they eejits? There's no spoiler warning in the thread title, so they have no reason to expect major spoilers in here. People should be able to discuss the film without having major details spoiled or being afraid to click on a link. And when the film is released they should be able to come in here and read the early reactions without worrying about being spoiled. There's been quite enough spoiler discussion in here already. But we're getting to stage now where the marketing is holding nothing back and people are snapping pics during advance screenings, etc.

We will add a spoiler warning to the thread title when the film is out a week or so (maybe sooner), but in the meantime I want this thread to be as spoiler-free as possible.

Because they're reading a thread about a film they don't want to know anything about???

And you'd want to go back through nearly every page in this thread and put your snipping into top gear if you want this thread to be spoiler free.

This isn't up for debate. If you want to discuss spoilers, do it elsewhere. Back on topic please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The movie is answering major questions from film lore i.e. where did the space jockeys come from, why was the ship carrying those eggs etc etc. While the marketing campaign seems to have answered some questions, there are many more still unanswered.

Considering this, Prometheus is particularly sensitive to spoilers. People should have the courtesy to have a small bit of patience to allow the majority to at least see the movie first, then to discuss it using spolier tags.

Thinking that by posting major plot spoilers here before release garners you some sort of kudos is waaaay off the mark, it just makes you look like a dick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

OH GOD YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING!

cry-baby-blog.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Because they're reading a thread about a film they don't want to know anything about???

And you'd want to go back through nearly every page in this thread and put your snipping into top gear if you want this thread to be spoiler free.

They want to DISCUSS the film, a film that isn't even out. Knowing anything about a film and knowing complete spoilers are very different things.

But anyway. Excited to see this now, managed to miss the spoiler party in here lastf ew days :pac:, so think i'll be going in without knowing too much bar the first 2 trailers, haven't even watched any of the tv spots.

Advertisement